Monday, January 27, 2014

This Week on The Dining Table

The "Boo Hoo, my Birthday is Over" Edition.....

Here are the flowers Hubs gave me last week, along with 3 cards I received--

 


The card in the center, except for this photo and when I initially opened it has been living with it's BACK facing me.....


This was Hubs idea of a "great" birthday card for someone turning my age.
Here's the inside......
 
Oh, he knows me TOO TOO WELL! lolz
 
On to the Meal Planning.
Here is what was planned last week--

Sunday--Meatloaf(leftover), Collards and/or Kraut(leftover)
Monday--Roasted Turkey(have), Stuffing(have), Roasted Sweet Potatoes(have), Cranberry glop(have)
Tuesday--Clam/Corn Chowder, Roasted Cauliflower(have), Potato crusted Fish(have)
Wednesday--Meal out-free birthday meal for me, Hubs meal comes out of Entertaining Budget
Thursday--Leftover turkey slices, assorted Leftover veggies(or frozen veggies if not enough)
Friday--Quiche(in freezer), Asparagus
Saturday--Turkey Casserole(leftover turkey), Green Beans(have in freezer)

 And here is what actually happened--
 
Sunday--Meatloaf(leftover), Collards and/or Kraut(leftover)
Monday--Roasted Turkey(have), Stuffing(have), Roasted Sweet Potatoes(have), Cranberry glop(have)
Tuesday--Assorted Leftovers
Wednesday--Meal out-free birthday appetizer, meal comes out of Entertainment Budget **
Thursday--Hubs had leftovers, I had a Turkey Sandwich and Collards
Friday--Clam/Corn Chowder, Roasted Coleslaw, Fried Oysters
Saturday--Turkey leftovers

Some meals moved around and the quiche got bumped to next week. The fish didn't happen with the clam chowder because I hit on a 50% sale on fresh oysters on Wednesday so we had fried oysters.
We spent a lot of nights eating up the leftovers.

**On Wednesday we ended up NOT spending a dime out of the Entertainment Budget after all, except for a tip.
We went to Lone Star for a steak dinner and the evening was a disaster!  More on that another time but they comped our entire meal.  Woot!
  
As for the food spending last week....
There were 2 trips to the grocery store and I spent a grand total of $99.69 on $180.59 worth of groceries at 2 stores. 
I am trying to achieve another $300 or less grocery month for January and I have $2.63 left in the food budget for the rest of this month. 

Leftovers going into this week--1 helping each of sweet potatoes and reg. potatoes and onions, Kraut(2 helpings), turkey casserole(2 helpings), coleslaw(4 helpings), clam chowder(2 helpings) cornbread(1/2 a pan).  I have a head of cauliflower and bunch of asparagus that need using.

Here is this week's meal plan---

Sunday--Breaded fish fillets(have), Roasted Cauliflower(have), Coleslaw(have)
Monday--Free Birthday Burger at Red Robin, #2 Son's burger out of Entertaining Budget, Hubs has leftovers
Tuesday--Chicken and Mushroom Parm(have), Pasta, Green Salad(have) with Feta Cheese(have)
Wednesday--Roasted Chicken(have), Assorted leftover side dishes(have)
Thursday--Leftovers
Friday--Quiche(in freezer), Asparagus(have)
Saturday--Leftovers

That makes 3 new meals, 3 leftover or planned over meals and 1 meal out.

What I need to purchase for this menu?.......not a blessed thing! 8-)
Cross your fingers we can get through the month now without any more food budget spending!

Other items on sale that I want to pick up this week?......chicken roasters on sale .99¢ lb., boned/skinned chicken breasts at $1.88 lb. and mayo at $1.49 jar that I'll pick up on Saturday when the new month's budget kicks in.

 What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. LOL! LOVE that card! We made ham and beans with some leftover ham from Thanksgiving that had been burning a hole in our deep freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot find any chicken in the freezer! That is shocking. However, I found tuna in there, ground beef, and some mashed chicken patties (nasty things). I have a head of Romaine, grape tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, and will fix some sort of dried beans. Maybe I will make a meatloaf. Since it is going to be below freezing for 70 hours straight, I can use lots of oven-made food. I am not liking all this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to use everything that we have on hand so I can save money for car repairs. I was going to do a no spend weekend and I got to Sunday night. My bestie's son works at Jewel and they had clearance hams. I had to pull the trigger. Hey, guess what we are having this week for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of this made any sense. It is Nov 21, 2014, and I don't know how I got here!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.