Monday, January 27, 2014

This Week on The Dining Table

The "Boo Hoo, my Birthday is Over" Edition.....

Here are the flowers Hubs gave me last week, along with 3 cards I received--

 


The card in the center, except for this photo and when I initially opened it has been living with it's BACK facing me.....


This was Hubs idea of a "great" birthday card for someone turning my age.
Here's the inside......
 
Oh, he knows me TOO TOO WELL! lolz
 
On to the Meal Planning.
Here is what was planned last week--

Sunday--Meatloaf(leftover), Collards and/or Kraut(leftover)
Monday--Roasted Turkey(have), Stuffing(have), Roasted Sweet Potatoes(have), Cranberry glop(have)
Tuesday--Clam/Corn Chowder, Roasted Cauliflower(have), Potato crusted Fish(have)
Wednesday--Meal out-free birthday meal for me, Hubs meal comes out of Entertaining Budget
Thursday--Leftover turkey slices, assorted Leftover veggies(or frozen veggies if not enough)
Friday--Quiche(in freezer), Asparagus
Saturday--Turkey Casserole(leftover turkey), Green Beans(have in freezer)

 And here is what actually happened--
 
Sunday--Meatloaf(leftover), Collards and/or Kraut(leftover)
Monday--Roasted Turkey(have), Stuffing(have), Roasted Sweet Potatoes(have), Cranberry glop(have)
Tuesday--Assorted Leftovers
Wednesday--Meal out-free birthday appetizer, meal comes out of Entertainment Budget **
Thursday--Hubs had leftovers, I had a Turkey Sandwich and Collards
Friday--Clam/Corn Chowder, Roasted Coleslaw, Fried Oysters
Saturday--Turkey leftovers

Some meals moved around and the quiche got bumped to next week. The fish didn't happen with the clam chowder because I hit on a 50% sale on fresh oysters on Wednesday so we had fried oysters.
We spent a lot of nights eating up the leftovers.

**On Wednesday we ended up NOT spending a dime out of the Entertainment Budget after all, except for a tip.
We went to Lone Star for a steak dinner and the evening was a disaster!  More on that another time but they comped our entire meal.  Woot!
  
As for the food spending last week....
There were 2 trips to the grocery store and I spent a grand total of $99.69 on $180.59 worth of groceries at 2 stores. 
I am trying to achieve another $300 or less grocery month for January and I have $2.63 left in the food budget for the rest of this month. 

Leftovers going into this week--1 helping each of sweet potatoes and reg. potatoes and onions, Kraut(2 helpings), turkey casserole(2 helpings), coleslaw(4 helpings), clam chowder(2 helpings) cornbread(1/2 a pan).  I have a head of cauliflower and bunch of asparagus that need using.

Here is this week's meal plan---

Sunday--Breaded fish fillets(have), Roasted Cauliflower(have), Coleslaw(have)
Monday--Free Birthday Burger at Red Robin, #2 Son's burger out of Entertaining Budget, Hubs has leftovers
Tuesday--Chicken and Mushroom Parm(have), Pasta, Green Salad(have) with Feta Cheese(have)
Wednesday--Roasted Chicken(have), Assorted leftover side dishes(have)
Thursday--Leftovers
Friday--Quiche(in freezer), Asparagus(have)
Saturday--Leftovers

That makes 3 new meals, 3 leftover or planned over meals and 1 meal out.

What I need to purchase for this menu?.......not a blessed thing! 8-)
Cross your fingers we can get through the month now without any more food budget spending!

Other items on sale that I want to pick up this week?......chicken roasters on sale .99¢ lb., boned/skinned chicken breasts at $1.88 lb. and mayo at $1.49 jar that I'll pick up on Saturday when the new month's budget kicks in.

 What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. LOL! LOVE that card! We made ham and beans with some leftover ham from Thanksgiving that had been burning a hole in our deep freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot find any chicken in the freezer! That is shocking. However, I found tuna in there, ground beef, and some mashed chicken patties (nasty things). I have a head of Romaine, grape tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, and will fix some sort of dried beans. Maybe I will make a meatloaf. Since it is going to be below freezing for 70 hours straight, I can use lots of oven-made food. I am not liking all this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to use everything that we have on hand so I can save money for car repairs. I was going to do a no spend weekend and I got to Sunday night. My bestie's son works at Jewel and they had clearance hams. I had to pull the trigger. Hey, guess what we are having this week for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of this made any sense. It is Nov 21, 2014, and I don't know how I got here!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.