***Today is the last day to enter the current Giveaway so don't forget to enter if you've never won one of my giveaways before.
I only have THREE valid entries at this point, Michelle F., Mountain Girl and Debbie H. The following entrants need to supply me with contact info(your email addy will suffice)--Joy in Marengo, tERRI, Susan R., Jessica.
Please email me your info if you are one of the four ladies above.***
Since I didn't get around to getting a Frugal Friday post done last week this is a 2 week-er. ;-)
* Long before my gall bladder exploded Hubs and I had planned a mini-vacation down to the shore in mid October.
We got this ad months ago to a hotel we like down in Ocean City offering 30% off their usually low Fall/Shoulder Season rates if you mentioned the ad and booked directly from the hotel. Having gone nowhere since January Hubs wanted to get away. We thought this was a good solution since we usually don't go anywhere except to the grocery store for food(as it's a kitchenette room set-up)or take-out meals. We can go on the boardwalk and social distance or sit on the oceanfront balcony with little Covid risk. So we went! And it was just what I needed during my healing process too....low stress and the ocean.
* On the way down we stopped in Delaware at the big liquor store for alcohol for Hubs. Between his drinks and what I picked up something at the request for a friend that we can't get in PA for a decent price we spent over $125.
This store were running a deal if you spent over $125 you got a free case of bottled water. This was something we would have needed to pick up in OC anyway so why not take the unexpected freebie? lol
* As I mentioned we cooked most of our meals while in OC at the hotel room. We spent about $29 on foodstuffs at the grocery store on this.
We "cooked" breakfast 2 mornings with mixed results. The room's kitchenette didn't come with a baking sheet or any bakeware for that matter so the whack biscuits we picked up had to be cooked stovetop in a greased pot with a lid. I left Hubs in charge of turning them over halfway through. I could smell the biscuits burning from the balcony and he had no clue something was wrong standing over them at the stove! lol Luckily we could "peel" the burnt layers off so breakfast was saved.
* We did eat out 3 times on the trip:The first night's dinner(who knew Denny's made a good steak?!), then lunch on two different days. Once at a diner and once at a seafood restaurant.
This was our seafood splurge and it cost $30+tax if you were wondering.
* Trip activities outside of shopping were free driving around and down to Assateague to see the wild ponies.......
Posing with a big cock.......
Hubs went in the pool and the ocean.....
I had to stay out of the water due to surgical incisions but we walked the boardwalk some and I walked on the beach some.........
* I did do a little Rite-Aid shopping down in OC.........
2 x Carefree $3.51 w/Wellness discount=$7.02
2 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$7.00
1 x $3/2 Carefree Load2CardQ
1 x $3/2 Colgate Load2CardQ
2 x $3/1 In-Ad RA Q
Total was $2.02+.42¢ sales tax so $2.44 paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned $4 on Ibotta($1 Carefree x 4-there were 2 identical offers for it)so converted some BC back to cash.
* Since I've been home I've been resting mostly between trips to Weis, CVS, Ollies' and Rite-Aid and going to doctor appointments(regular ones and post-op ones).
Speaking of medical stuff due to the surgery we have maxed out what we have to pay out-of-pocket so no co-pays on anything from here on out until January. I need to look around and see if I can do without another organ or two before the insurance deductible resets. ;-)
* Speaking of Weis(PMITA)Markets they are truly a clusterf*ck. They have been advertising that if you clip their $1/1 Oral-B toothbrush e-coupon on their Weis app that you can get a toothbrush for $1(buying their reg. $2.29 models which are on sale for $2).
So on a trip to Weis I looked and they had 3 models that this e-coupon "supposedly" work with.....
They had both the soft and medium version of the Oral-B Indicator toothbrush as well as the Deep Clean type on the row below showing that this coupon worked on these models.
So I pulled up the details of the e-coupon on my phone and guess which versions of Oral-B toothbrush this Q is NOT valid on?!
Yep, only these three models. lol And no other models of Oral-B toothbrush are $2 there.
So we stopped at the CS desk and I tried to explain when we left that their signage is totally wrongand misleading and it needs to be changed(showing my photo and their coupon on the app on my phone). And I got a deer in the headlights look back. Figures, right?
* I already talked about my CVS trip(not that anyone cares)....
.23¢ OOP and earned $18 in new ECBs. rah.
* I also did some Rite-Aid shopping this week.......
Though not tagged in my store the kid's Colgate items are on sale for $3.99.
I picked up 2 toothpaste plus 2 Rimmel items(a lip $2.95 and a brow $3.43 after 20% discount)and a Cover Girl eye shadow($3.99)on Wednesday.
Subtotal was $18.35.
I used 2 x $1/1 Rimmel ManuQs, 2 x .50¢ Colgate kids IPQs, a $3/1 CoverGirl eye IPQ and 2 x $2/1 Colgate item In-Ad RAQ(these stack with a manuQ)so $10 in coupons making my total $8.35+.35¢ sales tax(cosmetics)or $8.70 paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $14 in new BC(2 x $1 Colgate weekly, $2 wyb2 kids Colgate monthly, $10 wyb3 select cosmetics).
I did the kids Colgate again the next day on another card(households are allowed 4 cards/accounts per Rite-Aid RULES so the troll who keeps commenting I am 'scamming' Rite-Aid can KISS MY FAT ASS!)......
Both were $3.99 and I used 2 x .50¢ Colgate IPQs, spent $2.98+.09¢ tax on the mouthwash=$3.07 in Bonus Cash.
I earned back $4($2 weekly, $2 monthly)on this purchase so another slight moneymaker.
I also did the Cosmetics deal again......
2 x Cover Girl concealers $5.99 w/Discount=$11.98
1 x Cover girl mascara w/Discount=$5.59
2 x $3/1 Cover Girl face items IPQ=$6.00
1 x $3/1 Cover Girl eye L2CQ=$3.00
Coupon total of $9.00
$8.57+.52¢ tax on cosmetics gave me a total of $9.09 paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $10 in new BC so another small moneymaker.
* Though I was skunked last week in the finding money department I found LOTS of change this week!!!
Before the dry streak I found a penny in the Ollie's down in Ocean City.
I found two pennies at Rite-Aid last Friday.
I found this dime at Rite-Aid on Saturday.
I found this dime at the Customer Service counter at the Weis in another town when I tried to get them to fix the coupon signage.
I found this penny and quarter at CVS this past Monday. The penny was by the register counter and the quarter was by a refrigerated drink case.
I found this penny at Ollies(Good Stuff Cheap!)Thursday in front of the register counter.
And I had a big score at Rite-Aid on Thursday......3 pennies by the chairs in the Pharmacy area and a quarter under the candy racks at the front register. woot!
Found Money this past 2 weeks........ .89¢
Found Money for 2020 so far.......$50.14
* I stopped at Applebee's yesterday while I was out and got me a salad and Hubs a burger using their Carside To-Go feature. While the meal was not frugal I wasn't up to cooking and I used a coupon to get a free appetizer so a bit of a freebie.
That's about all I can remember for the last 2 weeks.
Tell us all about your frugal wins lately!