Monday, October 5, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Drowning in Collards" Edition.....




4 little collard plants sure do produce a LOT of collards!  Hubs and I will be finishing off the collard greens leftovers tonight but I'll be cooking 2 large Ziploc bags more of collards today so we'll have more collards to eat this week.  Between salad greens and collard greens we are set for fresh veggies this week.  I don't think I will want to see collards again in quite awhile though. lol

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Steak, Spinach Salad, Sweet Potato
3. Tuesday--Quesadilla(using Fajita filling)
4. Wednesday--Pigs in a Blanket, Veggie TBD from Freezer
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6. Friday--hot Tuna Subs w/Spinach and Tomatoes
7. Saturday--Leftovers or BLTs

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Steak, Spinach Salad
3. Tuesday--Clam Chowder, Biscuits
4. Wednesday--Tuna Subs w/Spinach and Tomatoes
5. Thursday--Quesadilla(using Fajita filling w/cheese)
6. Friday--Pigs in a Blanket, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Leftovers(I had Clam Chowder)

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.  
We didn't get Chinese take-out since I had a big can of clams to use so I made clam chowder last week.  We have enough leftover of that for about 3 more servings for lunches.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 packages of pork chops

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 3 petite steaks
* 1 pack of hot dogs
* bag of broccoli

We spent $58.92 last week(all at Weis(PMITA)Markets), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $58.92 for October so far.
There are 26 shopping days left in the month.  

I've earned $11.65 on Ibotta in October. 
I've earned $0 on SavingStar in October.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 100 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on ShopKick in October.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in October.

My savings percentage for last week was 49.80%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips but with CVS)for October and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 49.80% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....Collards and Cornbread, Clam Chowder, 4 Biscuits and 3 Pigs in a Blanket.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Green Beans
2. Monday--Spareribs, Collards
3. Tuesday--Beef Pie
4. Wednesday--Beef Liver, Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Collards
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6. Friday--Leftovers or ?
7. Saturday--?

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing.  Perhaps I'll be able to stay out of the grocery store this week.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Salmon

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. The Right aid adds out here stink. How are yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. our Rite Aid isn't good and I'm not driving 30 miles to the one that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too much lentil soup and a giant calzone thing I copied from Lidia on PBS so far this week. It’s going to be in the 80s for the rest of the week so most of the soup is going in the freezer. A big bowl of pasta salad sounds like a good idea for the rest of the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.