Monday, October 19, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "This Made Me Sad" Edition.....

Took this photo yesterday of a penny bucket.  And no Kim, I did not reach in an empty it. lol
Makes me sad because I've been on a dry streak finding change since surgery. 8-(


Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....

1. Sunday--
2. Monday--
3. Tuesday--
4. Wednesday--
5. Thursday--
6. Friday--
7. Saturday--

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Jello, Green Beans
2. Monday--Jello, Toast, Banana
3. Tuesday--Egg Drop Soup
4. Wednesday--Asian Salad w/Chicken
5. Thursday--Collards
6. Friday--Chinese take-out
7. Saturday--leftover Chinese

Last week saw 1 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 2 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.  
This menu is just pieced together stuff of what I had. Hubs cooked once and I ate the green beans.  He ate different from me as I was on soft foods/liquids for awhile and then on a BRAT diet.
It was a strange week of food here.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 2 tv dinners

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
No clue other than chicken breast and green beans.

We spent $98.79 the last two weeks(mostly Weis(PMITA)Markets, plus a trip to Walmart and ShurSave each), bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $157.71 for October so far.
There are 12 shopping days left in the month.  

I've earned $56.82 on Ibotta in October. 
I've earned $2 on SavingStar in October.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 816 points from food shopping on Fetch in October.
I've earned 10 points from food shopping on ShopKick in October.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in October.

My savings percentage for the last two weeks was 43.81%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for October and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 46.21% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week.....nothing but 1 helping of collards.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--?
2. Monday--?
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

What needs buying for this menu? No clue.  We're winging it.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Salmon

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I am visiting my uncle so, I am not planning any meals here. He is a great cook. No complaints :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not envious of the meal you had last week!
    Hope things change rapidly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a penny in my rain coat pocket yesterday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are up to typing up a post. Have you even been out to find pennies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we went off twice but had one of them last night so only 1 not fixed.
    Tonight is smoked pork and French onion soup that Hubby saw on Ming Tv he wanted to try. Probably shepherd's pie using sloppy joe for the meat and chili... have doctor's appt and flu shot so I will be achy ... I haven't found any change either.:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see you so bad. I hate this virus it is..just... swear words

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was closer I'd sprinkle some change to help make you feel like you are in the game! Now, with it colder I would think it is harder to find change. Seeing haddock on your menu makes me think I really should get fish for hubs. That's what he had when we wen tout to eat because I make so rarely. I hope you are feeling better-but no overdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I’ve been finding all the change first! Found four pennies at GetGo, a quarter and a penny at Dollar Tree and a dime in Walmart’s parking lot. Sunday was leftovers, I was off today and made a vat of chicken noodle soup, small pot of chili, and mushrooms&steak with corn and cheddar broccoli noodles. Tuesday a chicken, snow peas, carrots, mushroom dish, Wednesday pork chops and asparagus on the grill, Thursday crockpot something, Friday leftovers and Saturday the birthday boy gets to pick! Hope you are feeling better and taking it easy. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a bag of potatoes sprouting so that’s the theme of the week. Potato leek soup and a giant calzone stuffed with potatoes, peas, onions and fake beef cubes should last for most of the week. After that I have I really don’t care.

    Beware rising food prices on Amazon! I ordered powdered soy milk for $30 about a week ago. Last night the price was $60 (no thanks!) and today it’s $85. Wish we’d bought some of that stock. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.