Enjoy this comedian while I am off to see the orthopedist...........
The "Seeing Friends Again" Edition....
I went through all the entries and the person who guessed closest to what I actual made, with a guess only $3 off, was.........
$593.00. Gerry T. Merlinsfamily@outlook.com
Now email me your current full mailing address and name Gerry and I'll get this out in Tuesday's mail to you.
Thanks to everyone who played along and be sure to come back next month for another Giveaway. 8-)))
First I want to thank everyone who wrote words of encouragement or called me yesterday because of my funk. The black dog visits me often as I age but I usually am able to sent him away quickly but not this time. It cheers me to think of how folks, many of whom I have never met IRL care and will reach out. There are just so many balls up in the air right now it's discouraging. I think I am in need of an adventure but don't know what to do just yet. I'm sure someone will think of something. ;-)
So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......
* No online orders this past week but I did do 2 in store transactions last weekend. Mostly for vitamins, Pepcid, band-aids, Vaseline lip stuff and some items that had Ibotta rebates.
Spent $99.82 in Bonus Cash, earned back $94 in new BC, converted $23.50 into cash rebates(including a $5 Weekend Warrior Bonus). I also converted $7.25 in post coupons below to cash back in my pocket. I also submitted to J and J for 2 x $10 rebates so this week was stellar in terms of spending and saving.
* Went to Rite-Aid on Tuesday with coupons I had forgotten to bring/use last weekend when I bought some stuff. The cashier on that weekend transaction also forgot to remove and use a $2/1 hangtag Q on one of my vitamins too.
That's $7.25 back in my pocket.
* The only take-out this past week was Thursday. Hubs didn't thaw anything to cook so he opted for Chinese take-out.
* It's been unseasonably warm here this past week as well as 2 previous weeks. That means not running the heat and not needing the a/c yet and we received a lower than normal electric bill for May. Go us! 8-)
I haven't been posting since I have little if anything to say.
I'm feeling low....just a generalized malaise I guess. Nothing is going how I want it to go. We are still trying to get our house ready to list. 2 more rooms to paint and 6 windows to replace. Windows are proving hard to get ahold of in a timely manner. The thought of moving is just feeling daunting to me but we have to get out of this 2 story house, the sooner the better.
Remember that Baltic States cruise I booked for 2023? Well it got cancelled and I just don't feel like trying to book something else. sigh.
I want to go visit my Aunt and other folks up in MA and ME but my knees is bad again(I have to drive with my right leg) but my new primary doc doesn't do steroid shots in knees so I either had to find another doc or book into an ortho to schedule a knee replacement which will take months. I am just feeling old and broken right now and my state of mind isn't good.
The "Lots of Rite-Aid transactions" Edition....
So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here at Chez Sluggy this past week.......
* I made two online orders at Rite-Aid this week.
This transaction was a $1.67 moneymaker.
* Spend a long day/night working the election, earning myself a few tax-free dollars. woot!
* Went shopping with Hubs on Thursday to Ocean State. I used free gift cards and we bought a few things with no OOP.
* The painting in the house is almost done. Just the kitchen and den left to go. We have saved a bit by not hiring this job out.
* We had a big lunch out on Thursday at Applebee's. I used a gift card(it wasn't full so didn't quite cover the full cost + tip)and we paid a little OOP. Better than paying fully OOP for food out. ;-)
* It's been unseasonably warm here this past week as well as last week. That= means not running the heat=we'll have a lower than normal electric bill for May. Works for me!
Who's ready for the Another Sluggy's Boring Blog Box Giveaway for 2022?!?
May has arrived and we are well into the month. Visions of vacations and travel plans are also here.
It's a hodge-podge of randomness this month to win but mostly travel sized toiletries and snacks.
Let's take a look at what is in the Giveaway Box this month........
I think I am recovered from working the polls. It was a very long day with not a lot to do. Primaries are often like that as traffic is not quite high.
I placed an online Rite-Aid order on Sunday. This week there are various Spend $60/Get $20 in Bonus Cash coupons.
My order showed up today in record time. Here is what I got.......
1 x R-A masking tape
1 x R-A duct tape
1 x 2 pack Scotch packing tape w/dispenser
4 x Scotch packing tape w/dispenser
2 x 3 pack Scotch cellophane tape
2 x Japonesque nail file packs
1 x Japonesque face tool
They also threw in a sample pack of Zyrtec wipes for free which I wasn't expecting.
The total came to $61.68. No coupons were used(online order and there were no digital Qs). I did use a code for 25% off(since I bought some R-A items)so got $15.42 in discounts so paid $46.26. I paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $52 in new BC(3 x $8 wyspend $15 Scotch, 1 x $8 wyspend $12 Japonesque and $20 wyspend $60 promo). Plus when you spend at least $34.99 shipping is free too. 8-) And a Zyrtec sample thrown into the mix as well.
All this useful stuff for a $5.74 moneymaker? Yes please!!
Now I wait for my second online order to arrive which I placed on another account on Monday.
The "I Got Nothing" Edition....
Recovering from Saturday's sale and preparing to work the polls tomorrow. The house is a mess and needs putting back together. I can't get motivated to do much right now so am putting off a lot of stuff.
Here's the set-up for the sale........
And here is what was leftover afterwards.........
I am beat. Traffic died off around 11 but I stayed out until noon.
But I am flush with cash monies too and got rid of a lot of stuff. 8-)
Over to rest my knee and recover.
Here's a happy tune for today.....
So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......
* No food waste this past week. Leftovers have been consumed mostly for lunches and we have absolutely NO leftovers at this point. Crap, that means I need to cook. ;-)
* No shopping at all since a week ago last Friday(except for 1 trip to Rite-Aid where I didn't spend any money). Eating from what is here except for take-out on Mother's Day and Subway for dinner another night.
* It's been unseasonably warm here this past week. That= means not running the heat=we'll have a lower than normal electric bill for May. Works for me!
When I went out to Rite-Aid on Tuesday to roll my Bonus Cash I notice there was a sign up at the entrance to my community/neighborhood. Seems the 'gods that be' decided to hold the Community Wide Yard Sale in May, this Saturday!! Usually it's in June and that is what I was planning on... a Sale in June so I could coordinate my Stockpile Sale with that community yard sale.
So I've been a busy bee the last 2 days trying to get the garage set up for the sale. First I had to move stuff out of the way(the front of the garage)then I had to move tables and shelving.
Luckily Hubs and I had spent last weekend moving totes into the storage unit so I got all the tables/shelving in place by Wednesday. Plus I had moved most of the inventory to sell down into the living room already. So I've been putting the stuff to sell out and set up all morning. Here's a look at where I am right now.......
I have the dining room table, a card table, the patio table, a short shelving unit and a tall shelving unit set up now. I still have to set up some boards on chairs for more shelving and drape the back shelving with sheets along with getting all the products set out. Then I get to price sticker it all....oh joy! Then I'll put an ad on all the usual online places to advertise the sale. And Hubs will place the signs Friday night.
Well at least this will be out of the way after Saturday...unless I don't sell enough then I'll have another sale in June followed by hauling stuff to the Food Bank.
Hubs is making progress on the painting inside the house too. Upstairs hallway and stairwell are done. Now he is doing the downstairs hallway and then the kitchen and den are on the list. Still waiting on the windows to come in so the handyman can do those. After that we are DONE making improvements/repairs. Then it's time to call the realtor in. ugh. I just hate this process......
And in other news I got an email from the cruise line yesterday. Remember that Baltic cruise next June I booked 1 week before Russia invaded Ukraine? Well it's been cancelled. Boo. Sonya Ann said I am a country wrecker. You want a country invaded and destroyed? Just have me book a cruise there. ;-)
That's about all going on here today. What's happening in your world?
Here is how the April To-Do List turned out......
* Pay Bills DONE Always on the top of the list and always gets done.
* Read 1 Book FAIL Been going down the Youtube Rabbit Hole instead the last few months. Need to stop that!
* Hold Giveaway DONE
* Mail Giveaway DONE Mailed and received.
* Clean out Inserts/Coupon Envie DONE My Coupon Envie really needed a good cleanout which I did.
* Editing More Old Photos DONE Got up to July 2017 done. Now it's onto the August part of that trip.
* Post about Old Trips DONE I got one installment of the 2017 monthly Western trip posted.
* Work on Genealogy DONE I've been working on a couple of projects so of for others.
* Roll/Spend Bonus Cash DONE I've gotten a few trips done and BC rolled in April. Crazy trip yesterday(this is May though)in which I spent $14 in BC and $7+ change on a free gift card but ended up with $38 in BC back plus $19 in Cash back(post Q style)as well as 2 bags of stuff to cart home.
* Eat down the Freezer/Pantry PASS We've been eating a good bit out of the freezer/pantry and you can actually see the stores going down.
* List Items on eBay FAIL Didn't even get one thing listed in April. Maybe in May? lol
Nothing thrilling here but I got the bare minimum done. How about y'all? Did ya get anything accomplished in April?
The "Happy Mother's Day" Edition....