Monday, May 2, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "More Brandon Sightings" Edition....



At the chance of offending more readers(!)I was behind this pick-up at the light leaving Rite-Aid last week.  My photo skills suck through a raindrop filled windshield but it reads, "Let's Go Brandon"....or whatever you want it to read. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Hamburger on Roll, Beans
2. Monday--Ham Steak, Veggies TBD, mac and cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--FFY or Leftovers
7. Saturday--FFY or Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Hamburger on Roll, Beans
2. Monday--Take-Out Pizza
3. Tuesday--Wild Rice/Mushroom Soup
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Mixed Veggies, Au Gratin Taters
5. Thursday--Hubs didn't prepare anything so I had a can of ravioli.
6.  Friday--Leftovers(Don't remember what)
7. Saturday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad(I had wild rice/mushroom soup)

I am just not feeling domestic lately, and that mostly  includes cooking.  I am in "just find something easy and heat it up" mode.  Fresh produce season has still not arrived here.  Heck, we had snowflakes falling on Saturday!

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 packs of frozen burritos

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Pack of Mixed Veggies
* 12 Meatballs

I spent $56.43 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week(mostly drinks, burritos and toiletries). That was in 2 trips to Walmart to do Ibotta deals. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $291.75 for April.  

There are 0 shopping days left in April.  

I've earned $192.19 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $4.44 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $8 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in April.
I've earned 27,856 points($27.85)from shopping on Fetch in April.
I earned 3155 Kicks($12.62)from food shopping on Shop Kick in April. 
I've earned 3370 Swag Bucks($33.70) from food shopping on Swag Bucks in April.

That's $205.63 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $291.75 in grocery spending so in reality it's $86.12 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 55.35% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 52.75% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....Soup, Baked Beans, Meatloaf, Spaghetti and Meatballs.  

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Ham Steak, Creamed Spinach, mac and cheese
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Breakfast for Dinner
4. Wednesday--Sheet Pan Nachos
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--Take-Out
7. Saturday--Chicken Fajitas, Spanish Rice

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Mushrooms is it I think(I like to put them in my Fajitas and could make a cheese/mushroom omelet on Breakfast night).  I've got quite a few bags of Tortilla chips so the Nachos will help use some of that up.  Also have peppers strips in the freezer that need using(Fajitas)as well as cheese(Fajitas and Nachos).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  I haven't even looked at the grocery ads since early April.  The only food buying I've done is picking up what is required in town or a deal when I am in Walmart.


Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.