Friday, May 6, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the May 6th Edition

So here are a few of the frugal-ish things that happened here this past week.......

*   No food waste this past week.  Leftovers have been consumed mostly for lunches and mostly Hubs.  

*  No shopping at all since last Friday.  Eating from what is here except for Thursday night, Hubs got take-out since he didn't cook anything.

*  Another 4 purse sized bottles of hand sanitizer for free from Rite-Aid this past weekend.

*  Having to pay for a storage unit isn't frugal per se but if using that extra space to sort stuff out which allows me to hold a stockpile sale(which in turn generates cash and frees up more space)I'm gonna call it a win. ;-)

*   I found money!

I found this dime under the self-checkout machine at Walmart last Friday finishing my Ibotta Bonus.

When I went to get a storage unit on Tuesday I looked down and in the gravel road was this old penny.

After getting the storage unit I drove to Mickey D's to get an iced tea and give my nephew a birthday card(his birthday was on Wednesday).  He wasn't there and there was no line in the drive-thru.  Not being busy nobody was at the money window and they were taking money at the second/food window.  I saw all the above change on the ground by the money window(and more that I didn't have time to gather up).  I stopped and picked up some of the change on the ground(and there was no donation slot there).


Hubs and I took both cars to the storage unit on Wednesday.  As I was unloading my car I looked down and saw this dime.
I great found money week considering I didn't go much of anywhere this past week.

Total Found in last Week......$1.57
Total Found This Year......$12.24

That's about all I've got for this past week.  Nothing exciting here so move along. lolz

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

And have a good weekend!


Sluggy  


5 comments:

  1. Dang here they have donation slots so I can't pick it up, but I did get some money from drivins when I was in ST Louis. Made the kids crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whee doggy, am I ever going to have fun with loose change on the ground if I am ever with you and Kim at the same time. 2 bucks in change will buy my untold entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have not gone to many places, but you went to the right places to find money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance I thought you found a bottle of Chanel #5

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.