Monday, May 30, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Seeing Friends Again" Edition....



On our recent trip to Arizona Hubs and I were able to meet up with "Ur Spo" at a delightful Pasty shop/restaurant.  My face looks weird because I am laughing. ;-)  I do that a lot usually.....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Chicken Fajitas
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms in Sauce, Salad
4. Wednesday--Orange "Chicken" Stir-Fry w/Veggies and Noodles
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--Homemade Flatbread Pizzas, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Chicken Fajitas
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms in Sauce, Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6.  Friday--Leftover Take-out
7. Saturday--Fend For Yourself

At least 3 of the 5 meals I planned to cook did happen last week.  go me.  The 2 meals that didn't happen move to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1/2 of hot dogs in large package
*  Pack of 10 hamburgers

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Chicken Breasts
*  Pepper Strips

I spent $170.85 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week.  
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $257.58 for May.  Most of all that spending was for throwing a Memorial Day weekend party for 8 people.
EEK!  At least all that spending will yield some party leftovers. 8-)

There is 1 shopping day left in May but I am done shopping this month.

I've earned $114.32 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $5.62 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $2.75 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in May.
I've earned 9,461 points from shopping on Fetch in May.
I earned $32.12 from food shopping on Shop Kick in May. 
I've earned $6.46 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May.

That's $122.96 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $257.58 in grocery spending so in reality it's $134.89 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 35.37% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 39.66% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week.....1 helping of rigatoni.  Well we have cookout leftovers too from Sunday now.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cookout foods
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Subs?
4. Wednesday--Orange "Chicken" Stir-Fry w/Veggies and Noodles
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking?
6.  Friday--Homemade Flatbread Pizzas, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Mostly this week will consist of those 2 meals not made last week and lots of cookout leftovers.  I don't need a thing so I hope to stay out of the grocery stores this week.  Taking a break from Ibotta in June too.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?   I gotta say that grocery store prices are as bad as the gas prices here.


Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. Nature's Own bread I can eat is as cheap with bogo at Publix as it is at the bread store, actually 3 cents cheaper, and we don't have to drive 10 miles to the bread store. We do get a ride through a forested area going to the bread store, so it has one benefit. Pork butts were $1.99/lb. at Publix, maybe not a good deal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For recent times, $1.99 lb. is a good price for a butt/shoulder cut.

      Delete
    2. I don't think your face looks weird at all! Thanks, was not sure about the price. I try to never spend more than $2/lb for meat.

      Delete
  2. we had no plan last week so pizza, leftovers and tacos got us through. I'm back to planning this week but the cost of groceries here seems to go up each week, are you seeing rapid rising food prices in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every week we don't know what to expect in terms of prices at the store. I'm old and have seen inflationary times before but nothing this bad!

      Delete
  3. I added my special carrot tofu sauce to baked ravioli and picked up half price bread sticks from Papa John’s. That’s the extent of my plan for the week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, carrot tofu sauce......I hope it's tastier than it sounds(said the woman who can't eat tofu much). 8-)

      Delete
    2. I flunked meal planning and am kind of feeling like Rhett Butler.

      Delete
  4. I'm using up turkey bacon, sliced turkey and ham, and various weekend leftovers for a few days. I ordered another dozen homemade egg rolls from a neighbor. Great picture with Spo! Was he wearing one of his fantastic self made shirts?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.