Saturday, January 30, 2021
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
I just noticed that I have neglected to post my monthly TO-DO List outcomes for the last FOUR MONTHS!
Geez....how did THAT happen!!
Well that's easy to explain actually...well at least some of it.
Right before September List was suppose to be written I had an emergency gall bladder surgery.
Then in early November after I recovered other stuff was going on and I didn't get October's list done.
Early December and well, the Holidays, enough said so there went November's list. lolz
It's time for December's list(well I am kind of late in January with that one)and I am trying to get back on track.
So let's combine the lists from September to December and try to briefly as possible go through them all.
The item I always have at the top of the Month is "Pay Bills" and that's always accomplished so I am leaving that one off since y'all know it was done each month.
FOUR MONTH OF TO-DO LISTS
* Read Books-Here's what I read the last 4 months--I really fell down on this goal the last quarter of 2020.
In September I read--
"Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin" by Jill Lepore
I got this one at Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)and now I know WHY it was there. The book was fine if a little thin because of the subject matter. Written by a Harvard professor(la de da!)it was basically a biography of Jane Franklin, the younger sister of Benjamin Franklin. It was interesting but so little information jhas survived the last 200 years concerning Jane's life that there wasn't much to work with here. The author expanded by including a lot of information on Ben Franklin and their "close" relationship as brother and sister. Funny thing is that when Benjamin Franklin wrote his memoirs he never mentioned Jane at all. Hmmm.is that telling as to Ben's sense of self-importance or that he though no one reading his memoirs down the ages would be interested in what his sister, being a mere woman, thought of the world or her life? You be the judge.
The odd thing that really distracted from my enjoyment of this book was this....
* Hold Giveaways DONE Luckily I had Giveaway Boxes pre-filled and ready to go for the reat of the year by September or I may not have had anything to giveaway in October and maybe in November.
Here's what was given away...5 boxes of goodies in total .
* Mail Giveaways DONE Everything was mailed out promptly.
* Change out Wardrobe I wanted to get this done in October after out short trip to MD(as it would still be warm down there). Then we had a spell of warm for the season weather in November so I waited until early December to change out my clothing for the Winter season. It just didn't make sense to do this chore earlier this year. Blame it on being 2020....that works for me! lol
* Dentist Appointment Had my Dentist appointment for a cleaning in September. No x-rays or new cavities so it was free. This was my only Dentist appointment for the year as the Dentist was closed until August. I hate that we paid for dental insurance that was suppose to pay for 2 6 month cleanings but only got to get 1. I think we are due a partial refund on those premiums. Of course if we had had a dental emergency I think the dentist would have seen us so I guess I am not too upset over being charge for a whole year of service. ;-)
* Doctor Appointments Oh boy, did we EVER have LOTS of Doctor appointments during this time due to the surgery! A regular checkup in September then an ER visit, a surgery and a whole slew on appointments(4 in total)coming off the surgery situation plus 2 regular appointments with specialists I see. We are all systems go by this point! 8-)
* Stuff to Salvation Army I believe we made three trips to Sallie's over the course of 4 months. Of course the months I planned this to happen, it didn't. Should have been 2 trips but Hubs forgot some things he shoved in his car's trunk and had to make a quick trip back later in Deecember. We got rid of about 3 boxes of items we don't need/don't use. The point is that the chore did get taken care of but it took longer than expected.
* Go through bags of Clothing Ex-CB left This one happened in September. A few items I pulled out that were new with tags went back to Kohl's after Christmas and I got store credit. A few other items I put aside to sell on eBay(Levi's mostly). Everything else went into the Sallie's donation box which didn't leave when planned(see item above)but it was all donated before 2020 was over.
* Continue to Deal w/VA stuff DONE This item has continued to drag on and on. Partly due to the lawyer we were using and partly due to issues my brother has letting go of things. I can't go into this further but once this pandemic let's us travel again I hope to make some headway as there is stuff I had to be in VA to do in person.
* Work on Details of Winter Trip This Winter Trip ultimately was put on hold until 2022. I'd love to go sooner but traveling for now is on hold and IF things open up by August/September I don't think I want to be in the American Southwest during that time of year so we'll hold off until Winter 2022 on that particular trip. I'd like to go to LA to see my daughter as we haven't seen her in a year now, since the wedding.
* Move $-matured CD We had a CD mature in September. Looking around at the current rates at that time our best move was to just roll it over where it was sitting into a new CD.
* Cash in 3 Savings Bonds DONE Three Savings Bonds matured so we cashed them in during September.
* Take 401K Withdrawal DONE We also took a small 401K withdrawal in September to cover 1 of 3 irregular bills that came due-Long Term Care premiums, yearly School Taxes and Legal Fees concerning my VA issue. The withdrawal was just to cover the school taxes.
OCTOBER saw these items added........
* List Things on eBay FAIL I don't feel so bad about this item on the list. It stayed on the To-Do List until December but I never did get around to listing anything on eBay. Looking back at the clusterf**k the mail was last Fall I am GLAD I never put anything up on eBay to sell! I found out yesterday that one of my Christmas Cards I sent out for Anne's Card swap arrived on 1/25! 44 days to go barely 170 miles to MD via mail. Heck I got a card from someone in Canada well before Xmas! I am so glad to fail this year listing on eBay. lolz
* Make More Masks DONE Part were done in Oct. and part in Nov. I've got 5 more masks finished. I hope to not have to make more but we'll see.
* Go on Trip DONE We had scheduled a quick trip to the beach and I was healed up well enough to still go mid to late October. We researched and kept an eye on infection rates in the area and how the hotel was handling protocols(no housekeeping service unless you requested it so we didn't, sanitation stations all over the hotel and I stayed out of the pool). Mostly we did outdoor activities away from other people and ate in the room or in almost vacant restaurants. There was one outing to the outlets to two stores and they were only allowing X number of folks inside at a time. We didn't pick up any infections and I really needed to get away for my mental health.
* Stuff to Food Bank FAIL This didn't happen in October.
* Invest Savings Bond $$ FAIL Another one that didn't happen in October.
NOVEMBER saw these items added......
* Have Company DONE The only company we had at Thanksgiving was Ex-College Boy and his roommate(whom we call #3 Son). They are in our 'bubble'. It was a small enjoyable gathering and we sent them both home with lots of food. I did make too many pumpkin pies but we thought Older son and his GF would be here but due to job restrictions they were unable to travel out of state.
* Plan & Cook for Turkey Day DONE We had only 4 people for dinner so other than the pie situation a lot less food was prepared and it was still plenty to too much. Lots of leftovers were eaten the rest of November.
* Roll/Spend ECBs DONE I had something like $30+ in ECBs and I did get to CVS and roll/spend them down a bit during the Black Friday weekend.
* Roll/Spend Bonus Cash DONE Ditto for the Black Friday deals at Rite-Aid.
These are just some of what was hauled home from Rite-Aid on Black Friday Weekend.
* Drag Out Xmas Gifts DONE Gifts I've been collecting throughout the year were stored away until November in the Guest Room/Toiletries Stockpile Room closet. Two tubs worth by Christmas and I wrote out a list as I went through them with whom got what and noted any "holes" in gifting that still needed to be filled.
* Get Kids' Xmas Lists DONE You'd think I was asking them to give me the contents of their ban accounts instead of a list of what they want me to GIVE them! lolz
* Stuff to Food Bank FAIL Another month I didn't get this done due to not being able to contact the person at the Church were they collect/give out the food. I just kept trying to connect with the person and it wasn't happening.
* Invest Savings Bond $$ DONE Finally got this money transfer to a higher interest bearing account in late November. It was only just over $2K but hey!, money is money and better it be in there than sitting not earning anything. ;-)
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
I ended up doing a few hauls at Rite-Aid last week after doing the gift card glitch too. There were 2 $15 BC wys $50 coupons...each one had a different code on it so you could do each of the two once per card.
This transaction was mostly about getting some paper products and converting BC to cash rebates on Ibotta....
1 x Cottonelle tp on sale=$8.99
1 x Scott paper towels on sale=$8.99
2 x Lady Speed Stick deo on sale=$5.98
4 x Snuggle dryer sheets B2G2Free=$10.98
1 x Nivea shave gel 20% Wellness discount=$3.99
2 x Nivea moisturizing After Shave on sale=$11.98
1 x $15 BC wys $50
1 x $1/1 Cottonelle L2CQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Speed Stick In-AdQ=$4.00
1 x $1/2 Speed Stick ManuQ=$1.00
$50.91-$6.00=$44.91+$2.22 tax=$47.13 paid with Bonus Cash and gift card.
Bonus Cash earned back was $29($15 wys $50, $5 wyb2 Cotonelle/Scott, 3 x $3 wyb2 Nivea). 2 of the $3 on Nivea was expected as there was a double dip but a third one came off for buying "Nivea, Bull Dog, Edge or Schick" too. Doesn't matter now as those monthly deals are finished.
I got the Snuggle and Nivea to complete Ibotta rebates. Ibotta gave me back $6 for the Snuggles(4 x $1.50), $1.20 for the Nivea shave gel and 2 rebates each for the after shaves-those qualified for a Nivea Moisturizing rebate($2 x 2)and a Nivea after shave rebate(2 x $2.50), giving me back $16.20 total. That gave me 4 of the 10 rebates I needed to finish an Ibotta Bonus too.
* The shave gel should have rang up 20% off w/my Wellness discount but it didn't so I ended up cashing out $1.06 of my BC because I got a refund the next time I went in, so cash to put into my refund/overcharge/post coupon envelope........
Then on Saturday Hubs needed to go to Walmart so I tagged along to finish my weekend Bonus.......
1 x Wheat Thins family size=$3.67
2 x Mead folders on clearance=.50¢
3 x Arm and Hammer Scent boosters=$11.91
Then I paid with a free $25 Fetch gift card.....
Monday, January 25, 2021
The "Technology is Great When It Works" Edition....
Explanation is below the menu....
5. Thursday--Take-Out for Birthday
5. Thursday--Chinese Restaurant for lunch, FFY for Dinner
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks or Leftovers
Sunday, January 24, 2021
There were 62 valid Giveaway comments so I put that number into Random Generator and that picked the winner......
My birthday month is March! I love me some cupcakes with real frosting, not that whipped crap) 😉. Something about me is I work full time at a college but also started a side hustle last year selling all size clothing last year online. It has gone gang busters and I love meeting all the new people ❤️ Tebble.
You have 48 hours from when this post goes live to contact me with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize. (My email addy is on the side bar under "About Me".)
If the Boring Blog Giveaway Box is not claimed within that time I'll choose another winner for January.
Thanks for everyone who entered and the entertainment your comments provide me too. ;-)
Come back next month so another Giveaway!
Friday, January 22, 2021
Not much this week that was frugal but one really big win! Let's take a look........
* I only did the gift card glitch deal at Rite-Aid so far this week....
Plus there are two different Spend $50 Get $15 BC coupons(they have different barcodes)so you can do the deals twice on each card and get the $15 BC if you have a mind to(I haven't.). I used gift money to buy the Rite-Aid gift card so that's a bonus win too. ;-)
* I did the Ibotta Midweek Bonus at Walmart.......
After ALL rebates the above cost me MINUS $6.13. 8-)))
* Hubs took me out for lunch yesterday on my Birthday. Of course I found and printed a coupon(10% off)to reduce the cost. lol
* I found money!
Not much to report in for this week.....
And this penny found at the register in Rite-Aid when I went in on Thursday.
Found Money This Week..... .02¢
Found Money This Year..... .19¢
* I actually sold something on eBay this past week!
This Osbourne Family(from their old MTV reality show)Throw blanket still new in the package.
Back right before Christmas I had an eBay user who sent me the same Offer on it three times(that's the limit on offers you can send a Seller). They kept sending the same $ amount offer and it was a lowball one so I just ignored them. Ignored for the low amount and because it was so close to Christmas and with the USPS so backed up I know I'd have problems with it getting to them in time. So this past week another buyer paid full asking price for it and it's on the way to them. Sometimes it pays to hold out for full price. And they still got a good deal first because this item is long ago discontinued and it still has the retail price of $59.99 on the package. 8-)
* And my big frugal win for the week considering I HAD TO spend money on it.......
Thursday, January 21, 2021
What I hope they'll say on my Birthday......
What's actually happening on my Birthday this year..
And how I am feeling turning over a new year of life........
Don't forget to enter the Giveaway HERE. It ends Saturday evening at 11:59pm. Also if "Linda", "GrammaGrits" and "T" who entered already are reading this, they need to contact me with their contact info(email addys)as their Google/Blogger profiles are empty of any identifying information so their entries are not valid until I get some kind of contact info for them.
One of my Birthday Buddies is Chris Britton. If you are old as dirt like me you know him from this band/pop hit from the 1960's......
But I am channeling this other Troggs hit today....
Here's another Birthday Buddy of mine. You may know her as "Baby Spice"...
Go out and have a Great Day!
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
I received a $3 Ibotta Bonus offer for doing 6 rebates. This was a piece o' cake so I went ahead and did it at Walmart earlier today..........
2 x Celestial Seasonings black tea $2.38 ea.=$4.76
2 x Good Thins crackers $2.18 ea.=$4.36
2 x Bic Prevguard pens clearance $4.00 ea.=$8.00
2 x Mead folders clearance .25¢ ea.=.50¢
3 x Listerine Flossers $1.97 ea.=$5.91
1 x $1/2 Celestial Seasonings tea ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/2 Good Thins crackers ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $2/2 Bic items ManuQ=$2.00
$23.53-$4.00=$19.53+.33¢ sales tax=$19.86
Rebates earned back totaled $24.75.
$21.25 regular rebates($2.49 Celestial Seasonings, .10¢ any brand tea bags, .10¢ any Probiotic beverage, $1.50 Good Thins, $2.56 Good Thins, $6 Bic Prevaguard, $2 Bic Stationery, .50¢ Mead, $6 Listerine). I also got a .10¢ any brand fruit snacks but am not counting that since they will probably find their error and remove it.
I also earned a Listerine Bonus of .50¢ and since I went over 6 rebates I earned the $3 MidWeek Bonus as well.
This was a whopping $4.89 moneymaker after cash rebates earned on Ibotta!
But I also scanned two varieties of Celestial Seasonings teas to ShopKick for 50 Kicks, got a 10 Kicks for walking into Walmart and submitted my receipt for the CS tea I bought for another 250 Kicks so I'll get $1.24 for all those Kicks from ShopKicks too, giving me a $6.13 moneymaker in the end. Nice.
I like these small number of items to get a Bonus and rarely get them...usually I have to do 12 or 15 offers and the payoff is only a buck. This was a nice change.
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
I saw reports online that the $15 BC when you spend $50 coupon at Rite-Aid(in some flyers but also available to print from the online flyer and emailed to shoppers if R-A has your email addy)was again working on certain gift cards this week.
So I went and tried it out.............
The $50 Home Depot fixed amount and the variable amount newer design Rite-Aid gift cards(when you put $50 on that one)both generated $15 in Bonus Cash to each of these accounts/cards. I also got another $2 BC w/the R-A card because I bought a coffee creamer for Hubs and we hit the $10 mark on that specific BC deal too. :-)
The Home Despot cards are always handy to have for home repairs and that cost I took out of the home repair/maintenance budget. My brother sent me a check for Xmas so I used that $ to buy the R-A gift card.
Last time I believe a Google gift card also glitched and generated Bonus Cash when you put $50 on that one too but I didn't try that one this time. The biggest hurdle may be to get your cashier to scan the coupon as these coupons don't work with gift cards(or at least they are told that).
Remember this is a glitch so I could go away at any time so try at your own risk and your mileage may vary and all that. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone would like to know.
Monday, January 18, 2021
The "Use It Up" Edition....
5. Thursday--Beef Pie(Hubs cooking)
5. Thursday--Beef Pie(Hubs cooking)
* 1 hunk of Salmon
5. Thursday--Take-Out for Birthday
Sunday, January 17, 2021
Time for the First Sluggy's Boring Blog Giveaway for 2021!
January is my Birthday Month so don't forget to provide your tribute to me. 8-P And don't you dare ask me how old I am on Thursday.....lol
You only have a few days to enter this Giveaway so don't delay!Let's take a look at what is in the Giveaway Box this month.........
Close up shots of these goodies..........
From all the VALID entries I receive I'll pick a winner at random and the winner has 48 hours from when the post goes live to contact me with their full mailing address.
In your entries I'd like to hear about anything interesting about YOU! Fun facts, what month is your birthday, the best birthday present you ever received, weird/unusual facts about you or your family, what you are looking forward to on your next birthday, what's your favorite kind of cake/treat to have on your birthday, did you ever have a birthday party growing up.....stuff like that.
If you are on my Giveaway emails list just leave a comment and your name(with last name initial please)to enter. If you aren't on the Giveaway emails list make sure you leave your email in your comment OR email me your email privately after you leave a comment(my email is in the side bar area under "About Me").
I'll leave this giveaway open until January 23rd Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. On January 24th, Sunday, I'll draw the winning entry and post the Winner.
*Please note these rules*
I'll post the name/ID of the winners on this blog on and those persons have 48 hours from the time stamp on that post to contact me privately via email(my email addy is listed on my "About Me" page, as well as on my side bar).
Disclaimer--This giveaway is open to those with mailing addresses within the US only. As the cost of postage to foreign countries has gotten too high I am sorry to say I can no longer afford to mail boxes outside the US. These giveaways are not sponsored by any companies. I pay for it all(the cost of items given away and the postage to mail it all)out of my own pocket.
Please make sure there is a way for me to contact you in your comment.
If you're not a registered Blogger User with YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION on your User page, please put your email addy in your comment or email me your email addy privately when you leave a comment so I can get a hold of you. If your Blogger associated user profile is a GOOGLE one make sure your email info is linked to your profile.
So let's get this Giveaway started. Good luck to everyone!!!