Saturday, January 2, 2021

2020 4th Quarter Small Economies Grand Total

 

2020 4th Quarter Review..........Small Finances Year End Totals



The fourth quarter of 2020 is in the books now.
Let's see where some of my small pots of savings look like for the Year End.
These stats are all effective as of December 31st, 2020.



*  Rolled coins--$3.50.  1 roll of nickels and 3 rolls of pennies.  This is my personal change from my WAM after cleaning out my change from my wallet.


* Found Change--$54.55  Finding money is the best!
This photo is only the coins I found, not the bills.  I did something different with that, which you'll see. ;-)


*  Refunds & "Post Coupons"--$126.98 Mostly Weis(PMITA)Markets and Rite-Aid.

*  Cash Rebates--
   * Ibotta--$1,255.49
   * SavingStar--$52.75 
   * Coupons app--$23.50        
   * Shop at Home--$23.27

Grand Total......$1,540.04 in small economies monies.
(I also had about $11 in the Checkout51 app but not enough to cash out so I am rolling that amount over into 2021.)

But this year I am not using it ALL to put toward the food/toiletries spending.

I am only putting the found change($14.55 of the $54.55 found)toward the food spending.  (I used the $40 in bills I found to buy food to give to the food bank.)
I am still putting the Refund/Post Coupon cash, and all online rebates except the Shop at Home one toward food spending.(Not using the Shop at Home monies as I didn't buy any food/HBA/Toiletries/paper goods for that rebate.)

My OOP spending on groceries came to $4,714.40 for 2020.
Add in the $1,473.27(what is left without the rolled coins, $40 of found $ and Shop at Home rebate)toward the grocery spending and the food/toiletries spending drops to a Grand Total Spent of $3,241.13 for 2020.

Do you stash non-income money aside to put toward a goal?
Tell us about it and what strategies work for you in savings money!


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Since about May, I put all coins into a little bank by my bed. Sometimes, I would shove a bill of different denominations into the bank, too. I need to count it, still. I have no idea what I will do with that. I rarely had coins this past year, so it won't be a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only do Ibotta and transfer the money to my personal savings account. No actual goal but I like to have my own money not tied to another person just in case. My mother was trapped in a horrible marriage because she was never financially independent. Not the case here but I still play it safe. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d say I used no income perks towards gifts and donations. Not much but helps a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Sluggy, you did great with cash rebates last year!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.