Friday, January 8, 2021

Frugal Friday 2021.....the January 8th Edition

 Not much qualified as frugal this past week here at Chez Sluggy.  Here are our few wins for the week....

*  My sleep doc decided it was time to replace my BiPAP machine seeing as mine has seen almost 7 years of service.  I contacted my DME supplier BEFORE 2020 ended and our deductible reset to Zero.  With the gallbladder surgery we had exceeded the maximum OOP for our health plan.


Here's my shiny new machine which is much quieter than my old clunker.  OOP for us was $0.  This model retails for over $2K.  
The old clunker still works so that will be kept as a backup/travel machine(if we ever get to go anywhere again).

*  Here are some of the best "deals" recently using sales/coupons/Ibotta/Shopkick.......
Most are from December but I had to wait until January for some of them to "process".


Froot Loops Jumbo Snax $4. at Walmart.  Used a $1/1 Q, got back

2 Suave Professionals were $3.96 at Walmart.  Got $4.80 back at ShopKick with a Bonus.
1 Find Your Happy Place hand soap was 50% off at $1.98 at Walmart.  Got $3.60 back at ShopKick.
1 Apple Jacks Jumbo Snax box was $4.  at Walmart.  Used a $1/1 Q and got back $2 on Ibotta and $1.40 on ShopKick.  I did this deal 3 times as it reset for me 2 more times.  I also earned 2 Ibotta Bonuses-$1 for buying 2 Jumbo Snax and .50¢ for buying 3 Kellogg's items(I guess Jumbo Snax qualified?)
I did the Deep Dish and Large Plate Dixie plates twice at Target at a cost of $3.19 each(.10 cheaper than Walmart).  I used 2 x .75¢/1 Dixie IPQs on the first set and earned back $3 on each of 4 packs on ShopKick so $12.76-$1.50 qs=$11.26-$12=better than free plates.
The larger Dollar Shave Club pack was $7.44 at Walmart and I earned $5 back on ShopKick.
The smaller Dollar Shave Club pack was $4.94 at Walmart and I earned $2 back on Ibotta.
The Quaker oatmeal cup was .98¢ at Walmart and earned .25¢ back on Ibotta.
The Persil laundry packs were $4 at Walmart.  I used a $1/1 IPQ and earned $2 back on Ibotta.  I did this on 2 different trips and earned the Persil $2 Bonus too.
The Tazo tea bottle was a freebie after Ibotta rebate of $1.68.


More Persil and the other set of Dixie plates.
Also I did the Afrin deal on 2 different trips after it reset.  $4.98 at Walmart, used $1/1 IPQ, got back $2 on Ibotta and $4 on ShopKick.  Rinse and repeat.
Scott tissue triple soft .86¢ at Walmart and earned .50¢ on Ibotta. I'll take facial tissue for .36¢ all day long.
Dog biscuits were $4.98 at Walmart and I earned $1.50 on Ibotta and $2.40 on ShopKick.  Having that ManuQ for it would have been better but we don't get any RetailMeNot inserts here in our newspapers.
Purex was $4.47 at Walmart and I used a $1/1IPQ and earned back $1.50 on Ibotta.  I think there was a Purex Bonus involved too but I can't remember at this point.
The Mentos gum was $3.12 and I earned back $1 on ShopKick. and $.50¢ on SwagBucks.
The Poise pads were $4.84 at Walmart, I used a $2/1 IPQ and earned back $3 on Ibotta.  I did this moneymaker deal a few times in December.


I bought Delsym twice, once at Walmart and again at Target after this offer reset.  The Walmart price was $9.88 and I used a $4/1 IPQ and got back $4 on ShopKick and $2 on Ibotta.  When I bought it again at Target I paid $7.51(Target Circle discount), used a $4 IPQ, got $2 from Ibotta and the ShopKick rebate was doubled at $8!
I also bought Hubs a bottle of "Simply Almond" at Target.  I was $3.99 and had a full $3.99 rebate on Ibotta for it plus the bottle had a .75¢ Peelie Q so I was paid .75¢ to cart this home! 8-)
I also found lbs. of Ground Beef packs on the Xmas eve trip to Target marked down to $1.49 each.
Lots of Ibotta Bonuses too in December.  It was a very lucrative month to be a rebater/couponer. 8-)

That's just some of the awesome rebates/Qs from the end of December.

*  I'll post about this week's Rite-Aid deals on Saturday(if the computer cooperates)but here is my first refund on the year courtesy of the Rite-Aid across from the discount grocery outlet....


I bought 4 Nivea men's products on clearance for $3.99 each there.  After she finished the transaction I looked at the receipt and the cashier has rung up 5 of them by mistake so this $4.23 cash refund actually was turning Bonus Cash(which I used here)back into cash.  Nice.


*  I hit the after Christmas clearances at Walmart/Target/Rite-Aid.....
                                                    

This all I can show you from Target since most of what I got that isn't in the photo was for gifts.
Xmas themed hand soap and lotion, holiday gift bags and then a small bag of meltaway HF mints and a cannister of fruits and nuts for a charcuterie board/tray for moi.  All this as 50-70% off depending on what it was.  But even better, I used gift cards bought on discount 2 years ago to pay so no OOP now. ;-)

*  I hit the discount food outlet on Thursday since it is across the street from a Rite-Aid. ;-)
.

Uncured sheshe hot dogs were $1.99 pack.
Bag of fresh steam-in-bag green beans were .59¢
Bag of Romaine Hearts was .79¢
Bag of Carrots was .59¢
Also got Tomatoes on the Vine for .59¢ lb. and Hubs a gallon of Almond Milk for $1.99.

This is the place that puts out "freebies"(mostly overstocks they can't sell or just out of or short dated items)for those who spend something in the store.  Here's what I got for free too.....


2 x Organic quart of milk
2 x bag of Croutons
4 x Hebrew National fat-free hot dogs
Those hot dogs are $5.49 at my Weis(PMITA)Markets

*  I found money!
Starting off the new year right I spied a penny by the bag holders on a self-checkout at Weis ](PMITA)Markets on my trip Tuesday.......



Then I saw a penny smiling up at me on the floor in the foyer at Weis as I left the building.


Then I found a penny on the floor in front of the pharmacy counter at Rite-Aid later that same day.

 

I hit up another Rite-Aid on Thursday and found this penny under the rack where they keep/sell the newspapers.
A slow start to 2021 but a start nonetheless. ;-)

Total Found This Week.... .04¢
Total Found This Year.... .04¢

*  Hubs thinks he can fix the fridge instead of having to buy a new appliance.  It's the gasket that sealed the freezer door that's broken so I Youtube'd what the fix is and Hubs found the replacement part.  Cross your fingers it gets here(coming from CA!)and then that we can fix it.  I'll call a repairman to install the part if we can't do it(not very handy over here)which will still be cheaper than purchasing a new fridge.

That's about all I can think of that was frugal lately.



What frugal wins happened in your world lately?

Let us all know!


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. It was a VERY lucrative couple months for Ibotta, I earned almost $300!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lil sis is putting in a pool and we are going to out in a hot tub and you are coming out here sometime in the future. I miss you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious as to what makes a hot dog She she LOL! As always, lots of good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only frugal thing is that I took advantage of a sale at my favorite store for health items. They had their 25% sale, and if you buy $100 dollars worth, you get an additional %10. So, I got some more collagen powder, MCT oils. I am set until the next sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applied the stimulus money and some of my hoarded personal funds to the mortgage. Less than three years to go! 2.5 or so if I can talk Dave into increasing his contribution.

    Went to Aldi today for $.49 avocados and some of their new plant based items. Probably won’t venture out of the house other than dog walks for the next two weeks.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.