Monday, January 18, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

  The "Use It Up" Edition....

My massive container of elbow noodles is now gone.  Hubs cooked the rest up Saturday night to go with his leftover Stroganoff meal.  I told him that was too much noodle for the amount of Stroganoff left but he cooked it all anyway.  I guess he's planning on using what is leftover from his meal with spaghetti sauce for lunches this week.  And if that wasn't HIS plan, it certainly is MINE! lol

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff over leftover Mashed Taters, Sauted Green Beans
2. Monday--Salmon, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Mac and Cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup
5. Thursday--Beef Pie(Hubs cooking)
6.  Friday--More Leftovers
7. Saturday--Subway or Leftovers(depending on how much of the Leftovers Hubs eats for lunches)

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff over leftover Mashed Taters, Sauted Green Beans
2. Monday--Salmon, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Mac and Cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup
5. Thursday--Beef Pie(Hubs cooking)
6.  Friday--Hot Dogs, Macaroni Salad
7. Saturday--Chinese take-out for lunch, FFY for dinner

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 nights of leftovers/planned overs, FFY, and 1 night of Take-Out.   
The plan was followed mostly last week, except Hubs ate more leftovers than I thought so I had to come up with a new meal on Friday.  I was having a craving for Macaroni Salad so I made some and paired it with those boutique hot dogs I got 2 weeks ago at P and R. Ex-College Boy was coming over Friday night to get our old microwave anyway plus he LOVES my macaroni salad and there were extra hot dogs so he ate with us too.  I gave him some mac salad to take home along with a container of the Broccoli soup too as he likes that as well.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a single thing
Everything I bought was to use last week or refrigerated things like cottage cheese and/or produce.

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 small London Broil
*  1 hunk of Salmon
*  1/2 bag Brussels Sprouts
*  1/2 bag of Broccoli
*  1 lb. Ground Beef

This month is going to be all about taking more OUT of the freezer than putting IN the freezer.  I'll also be going through canned/boxed goods to see what we should be using now versus later.

We spent $49.45 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week.  $38.33 at Walmart, .12¢ at CVS, $5.05 at P and R discounters and $5.95 at Malacari's Produce. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $135.44 for January.

There are 13 shopping days left in January.

I've earned $120.93 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $8.00 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 294 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 2240 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in January.

My savings percentage for last week was 58.39%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for January and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 66.37%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week--Beef Stroganof w/Mashed Taters, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Beef Pie, Macaroni Salad.
I am not feeling inspired toward a meal plan this week.  It's my Birthday this week so I know we'll be getting take-out on Thursday(luckily it's my shot day so I don't cook then anyway)but otherwise I'm not feeling it this week.
I need to just got take some things out of the freezer and put something together. 

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftover Beef Pie
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Veg from the Freezer
4. Wednesday--Sloppy Joes, Veg from Freezer
5. Thursday--Take-Out for Birthday
6.  Friday--Tacos or Taco Salad
7. Saturday--Pizza, Salad

I've got cooked up ground beef to use thus sloppy joes and taco/taco salads this week.  I also have a boxed mix for tuna noodle casserole that's been in the pantry for awhile. (Next week seafood and chicken will return and maybe pork chops...it just depends what I pull out of the freezer.) Add in various leftovers and the week o' meals is filled out.  Nothing inspiring or interesting really but it gets the job done. ;-)

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing I can think of at this point.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I made pot pie yesterday and working on biscuits and gravy today. We’ll eat the b & g for breakfast so I need another dinner item. Probably chik’n and dumplings to use some wilting celery.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a coupon for $5 off when you buy $25. So, I am making a list and collecting coupons for things I buy. Plus, I will go on Wednesday and get the 5% senior discount. Ronco spaghetti, Munchie pb crackers, and little bottles of oj are on the list so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a really bad week for sales. I guess we will see what the Wednesday ads tell us. Unless there is a phenomenal sale I am buying nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, fond memories of my hubs cooking a two pound box f spaghetti for on emeal. I repurposed th eelftovers into three more, plus each had a ton of leftovers. Found $1.69 a pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs so bought about 6 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pork chops, salad with chicken, hard boiled eggs and nuts. Toast with PB and nutella for snacks. Plain yogurt and fruit. Clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.