Monday, January 25, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

   The "Technology is Great When It Works" Edition....


Explanation is below the menu....


Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Leftover Beef Pie
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Veg from the Freezer
4. Wednesday--Sloppy Joes, Veg from Freezer
5. Thursday--Take-Out for Birthday
6.  Friday--Tacos or Taco Salad
7. Saturday--Pizza, Salad

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Leftover Beef Pie
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Subway Subs
4. Wednesday--Subway Subs
5. Thursday--Chinese Restaurant for lunch, FFY for Dinner
6.  Friday--Tacos or Taco Salad
7. Saturday--FFY

Last week saw 1 night of home cooked dinners, 5 nights of leftovers/planned overs, FFY, and 3 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.   
The plan went way off course last week because I tried to order a sub for lunch.  I knew my birthday would be no cooking day but we had a snafu at Subway on Tuesday--I tried to order 2 subs online for Hubs and myself, inputting a gift card and under $2 on a c/c since the gift card didn't have enough on it to cover the whole order.  The screen kept spinning after I placed the order so I figured it wasn't going through so Hubs went and placed the order in person taking the gift card mentioned above plus another gift card I had.  Hubs had left a good 10 minutes before when I got an email confirming my order(the first one placed online).  It was took late to call Hubs to say pick up the first order and don't order it again(and pay again)so he comes in the door minutes later and says the one gift card, they told him it had no money on it(I knew it was because it was used on the first order that went through)so he used the second gift card only.  Then after I told him what had transpired after he left to get the subs I had to dress and go get the first sub order. LOL
We ended up having a half a sub each for 2 lunches and 2 dinners last week due to the snafu.  Since they had already charged me I was not NOT going to get 4 subs.  But I don't want to see anything tuna fish for quite some time to come. ;-)

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 lbs. of salmon(on sale 1/2 off)
*  1 lb. of seasoned ground chicken
I hadn't planned to buy either but the 50% salmon sale on Friday popped up at Weis(PMITA)Markets and I saw $5.99 lb. packs of seasoned ground chicken on sale $1 off and with $3 off instant stickers on them(so $1.99 lb.)so I thought I'd try one to add to ground beef next time I make meatballs for spaghetti.  $11.99 spent I hadn't planned on last week but I was not NOT going to spend for those items. ;-)

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  2 lbs. ground beef
The only meal I cooked last week was tacos/taco salad.

We spent $68.81 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week.  $20.17 at Walmart, $37.09 at Weis, $5.06 at Ollie's and $6.49 at the Bread Outlet. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $204.25 for January.

There are 6 shopping days left in January.

I've earned $172.79 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $10.00 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 524 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 2566 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 1200 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in January.

My savings percentage for last week was 60.82%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for January and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 64.35%.(w/out R-A). That's a really high savings rate even for me. 8-)

Leftovers going into this week--1 helping of macaroni salad, 2 hot dogs and taco filling.  No food waste again last week.  But few leftovers means lots of cooking this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Chicken Fajitas
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--BBQ pork sammiches, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks or Leftovers
6.  Friday--Homemade Manicotti(if I feel ambitious), Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

I've got bbq in the freeze that just needs thawing and sauce and I can make the Manicotti earlier in the week as my energy level will be low on Friday so this plan should work out well.

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing I can think of at this point except a small container of milk.  I will look for OJ concentrate at a good price as Weis always seems to be out so I look for it whenever I go there.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. I find that the Subway app really struggles with gift cards, particularly split purchases (some on gc, some on cc). We've had that error before.

    We mostly stuck to the plan this week, which is always a win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you had not planned on the salmon or seasoned ground chicken, but when deal happen you have to take advantage of them. I am waiting for a deal on frozen scallops. It happens a couple of times a year here and when it does I buy 10 pounds of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Subway Tuna sandwiches, but I agree-four meals worth would not be a regular want for my dining experience. I got $2.54 a pound ground beef and cooke dup 1/2 for chili, spaghetti sauce and S Joes which will yield second meals minimally of leftovers bu tpossibly a freezer meal or two. I froze three more portions-I guess just under a pound each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you use your shopskicks points for

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve done the math and finally admit we need 3 large meals per week. Two people never the house equals 28 servings lunch and dinner. Most things are 8 servings (still a bit short) so this week is veggie burritos, zucchini tofu pizza and Alfredo pasta later in the week. Have I mentioned how much I miss the free work food?

    Kroger has a new cash back thing that is like Ibotta. I added some stuff and received a $9.65 credit today. A lot of the items are also on Ibotta so double cash back.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my pants are too tight and I am not buying any new clothes. Shhh don't tell my sister. SO back to meat and veggies. Blah I want t donut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I don’t comment often but want to say that this is one of my favorite posts. I make a point to read it every week, although the day varies. Sometimes it’s inspiring and gives me new ideas. Other times, I feel good knowing I wasn’t the only one who just struggled and got it done because I had to. Thank you for being real. This week is very bean-y. White bean potato soup, black bean enchiladas. Thinking pumpkin pancakes and a baked omelette tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.