Saturday, January 30, 2021

Frugal Friday....the January 29th Edition on Saturday

I'm a day off this week but here's the Frugal Report I usually do on Friday with all the frugalness from the past week here around Chez Sluggy......

*  I hit a few Rite-Aid stores this week to grow my Bonus Cash a little bit.......

This trip on Monday netted me an additional $1 in BC after rolling the other $5 I already had.

 

On Thursday I hit a few other R-As and maxed out the stationery deal on each card.  I earned $4 for every two rulers I bought and they cost .74¢ + tax each so $1.56 for each pair and and $2.44 extra back in BC beyond what they cost.  But I got 1 bottle of body wash in one transaction w/2 rulers and in another I bought 3 clearance Nivea men's items($1.99 each)spending down that card's BC by $3.90 after earning the $4 BC for the rulers.
But there was method to my madness here since I earned $7.50 cash rebates on the Nivea items on Ibotta so really just converting some Bonus Cash to actual cash(plus more cash back than I spent in BC).  I grew that $3.90 in BC by $3.60 to $7.50 cash. 
Go. Me.

*  While I was across the street at R-A I hit up the discount grocery outlet too....


2 bags of baby carrots for .10¢ a bag.  
A bottle of lime juice for .59¢.
2 cans of water chestnuts for .79¢ each.
2 cartons of OJ for .99¢ each.
1 carton of nut juice for Hubs for $1.99
4.04 lbs. of BSCBreast for .99¢ per lb.
2 loaves of PF raisin bread for .99¢ each. *not pictured*
2 x 2lb. bags of frozen Brussels sprouts and stir-fry Veggies for $2.39 a bag. *not pictured*
2 x 1lb. bags of frozen Broccoli and Green Beans for $1.29 a bag. *not pictured*
1 package of napkins for $1.79. *not pictured*
I also grabbed 2 freebies-a package of organic wraps and a bag of ranch flavored popcorn for Ex-CB.
I may have forgotten a thing or two but this trip cost me $27.52 w/sales tax.
I'd call that a successful shopping trip, especially the chicken. ;-)

*  I found money!


I tagged along with Hubs last Saturday on a trip to Walmart and  found this penny at the self-checkout .


Then passing the Amazon lockers still in Walmart I spied this nickel underneath one....


These two pennies were found in Rite-Aid in two different spots in the front of the store on Monday.....


And this dime and penny was found on the floor at the checkout at P and R Outlet on Thursday.....


Total Found This Week....  .19¢
Total Found in 2021....  .38¢ This past week I doubled my finds for the year...woohoo!

*  I still had 25 rebates to do on Ibotta by Sunday night to earn the $10 Cold Hard Cash Bonus and I didn't think I could put together a deal that would get me there that wasn't a high spend because I'd have to do most if not all of those 25 rebates at Walmart.
So having a free day on Friday I gathered up my coupons and ideas and went to Walmart to see what I could do........

After Q and rebate the Kettle Chips were $3.96 for 2 bags.
After Q and rebate the Scottie tissues were .47¢ for 2 boxes.
After rebate the Breakstone cottage cheese was $2.64.
After rebate the Ritz toasted chips were $2.38 for 2 bags.
After rebate the Kraft shredded cheese was $2.38.
After rebate the Kraft singles cheese was $2.48.
After rebate the Ocean Spray juice boxes was .73¢.
After Q and rebate the Splenda was $1.98.
After Q and rebate the 6 soups were $5.09 total.
After rebate the Minute Rice was .98¢.
After Q and rebate the Bella dog food was .21¢ for all 4.
After rebate the Good Thins crackers were $2.56 for both boxes.
After rebate the 2 cans of Swanson broth were .52¢ for both.
After rebate the Philly cream cheese was $1.71.
After rebate the Siggi's yogurt was .98¢.
After rebate the Ore-Ida fries were $2.08. *not pictured*
After rebate the Mixed root veggie fries were FREE. *not pictured*

After Q and rebate the Poise pads were a .32¢ Moneymaker.
After Qs and rebate the Rolaids were a .32¢ Moneymaker.
After rebate the Coke w/coffee was a .10¢ Moneymaker(qualified for 2 rebates).
After Q and rebate the Rimmel face powder was a .28¢ Moneymaker.
After Q and rebate the Rimmel eye shadow was a $1.53 Moneymaker.
After Q and rebate the Rimmel lip gloss was .37¢.
After Q and rebate the Listerine ready tabs were .97¢.
After rebate the Alka-Seltzer gum was $2.24.
After rebate the 2 Listerine flossers were a .06¢ Moneymaker.
After rebate the clearance Almay eye shadow palettes were a $2 Moneymaker.


If the store had another $2 marked down eye shadow it would have been a $3 Moneymaker but I'm happy with what I found.

In total I spent $84.65 including tax.
I used a free $25 gift card earned from ShopKicks so I paid $59.65 OOP for everything above.
Now for the rebates...
I earned $52.99 on regular rebates. 
I earned that $10 Cold Hard Cash for doing 25+ rebates in this time frame.
I earned a .50¢ Perfect Pairings Bonus for buying the Tomato Soup(4 cans)and the Kraft Singles.
I earned a .75¢ Kraft Game Day Bonus for buying the Philly cream cheese, the Kraft shredded cheese and the Ore-Ida fries.
I earned a .50¢ Listerine Bonus.
I earned the $1 January Level 2 Bonus as well.
Total rebates earned came to $65.74.

I could have bought 3 less items than I did(sort of lost track on how many I had because I needed so many! lol).  I probably wouldn't have bought the yogurt, the Kettle chips and the cottage cheese if I had it to do over again but they are things we use so not a big deal.  That would have brought my OOP to $52.07 and made my Rebates total $63.74 so a bigger Moneymaker but I have no time machine to go back to yesterday and redo this transaction. lol

Oh I also got 110 Shop Kicks, 139 Points on Fetch and $1 on Checkout51 so a buck and a bit more earned back on other rebate apps too.

*  Our fridge has been having problems.  Hubs decided with encouragement from me to replace the freezer door gasket as it was split and coming off.




We searched online for the replacement piece and got one for around $50(don't recall right now the exact cost).
We watched some YouTube tutorials about how to replace a worn out gasket(trust me, if we could do it, it's an easy fix!lol)and voila!, the freeze is good as new now.
I would much rather pay $50+/- than replace the whole fridge/freezer so it's a money win in my book! 8-)))

That's about all from here.



Stay frugal and let us know what wins y'all had this past week!


Sluggy


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting the gasket replaced. Tommy's refrigerator is going to need the same soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I increased the mortgage payment again and the payoff date is now August 2023! Original date was 2042. Still going nowhere so that’s my only exciting news.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were there any arguments replacing that gasket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're kicking butt with the deals Sluggy. Way to go!

    Good job on fixing the fridge yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the freezer fix. We tried to fix our printer but it was a lost cause so will be recycled. Hubby did manage to wheel and deal and had them take back extra toner cartridges, bought a floor model and negotiated another 10 percent off so in the end a good deal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found 2 pennies this week. Whoo hoo. Every bit counts. Did a few deals at CVS and got lots for little. I also do Fetch and Receipt Pal and close to another 5.00 gift card on both. Got a 5.00 gift card which I get for buying 10 prescriptions at CVS. I have myself, my husband and my oldest son on mine. My oldest doesn't want to take the time to sign up even though most all of his prescriptions are totally free - what gives with that. So I asked and they said sure anyone in the family can be on one card. I figure I pick up for everyone anyway so what does it matter. Bits and pieces add up! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.