Monday, February 1, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

The "There Will Be NO Shopping Until Further Notice" Edition....


This is just the first "dusting" of snow we have gottten here at Chez Sluggy.
It's snowed off and on since Sunday and this is suppose to continue until late Tuesday.  We are in the small area that is predicted to receive 18+ inches so yay for that. lol  Obviously there will be no grocery or drugstore shopping until we dig out in mid February.  Kidding, we should be able to drive by Thursday.
Are you suppose to get a good amount of snow where you are?


Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Chicken Fajitas
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--BBQ pork sammiches, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks or Leftovers
6.  Friday--Homemade Manicotti(if I feel ambitious), Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself(Don't remember what I had)
2. Monday--Chicken Fajitas
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts
4. Wednesday--BBQ pork sammiches, Cole Slaw
5. Thursday-Leftovers
6.  Friday--Homemade Manicotti, Leftover Brussels Sprouts, Garlic Bread
7. Saturday--Lunch out, No Dinner

Last week saw 4 night of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/planned overs or no dinner, FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out(but 1 lunch out).
We pretty much followed the plan. Go. Us.

I forgot I had a free birthday burger from Red Robin so we had to go out for lunch on Saturday(ahead of the big storm)to use that chit before it expired.  They served us each two side salads with the meal(don't know why)so we were too full for dinner on Saturday.  I think Hubs ate something small that night and I just had a cup of hot tea.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 6 lbs. of frozen veggies
* 3 lbs. of BSC Breasts
* 1 bag of French fries
* 1 bag of mixed root veggie fries

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Salmon fillets
* 1/3 bag of Brussels Sprouts
*  a bag of barbecued/smoked pork
*  3/4 lb. Chicken Tenders(used most for the Fajitas but a little to make Chicken Salad for 2 lunch sandwiches)

We spent $90.97 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week.  $61.76 at Walmart, $1.69 at Weis, and $27.52 at the Discount Grocery Outlet. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $295.22 for January.

There are 0 shopping days left in January.  Onward to the 28 shopping days in February(which because of the storm will be more like 24 shopping days. 8-)

I've earned $245.53 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $11.00 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 663 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 2676 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 1200 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in January.

My savings percentage for last week was 55.54%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for January and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 62.03%.(w/out R-A). That's a really high savings rate even for me. 8-)

Leftovers going into this week--taco filling, cole slaw, 3 manicotti, garlic bread, bbq enough for 2 sandwiches, fajita filling for 1.  No food waste again last week.  But few leftovers means lots of cooking this week.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken w/BBQ sauce, leftover Brussels Sprouts or Broccoli in cheese sauce
2. Monday--Leftovers-various
3. Tuesday--Corn Chowder, Cornbread
4. Wednesday--Ham slices and Veggies TBD
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks or Leftovers
6.  Friday--More Leftovers
7. Saturday--No Clue yet

What needs buying for this menu?  Well can't get to the store so I hope everything needed is here. lol If not, the plan will need to adjust/change.  A big snowstorm is one way to keep me from buying more groceries, right? ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Not such great deals here unless I go to the discount food outlet.

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. We got about 4 inches of snow on the western part of the state. The roads were not good this morning my son in law said but they are fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made lasagna last night but nothing else really sounds good. Lentil soup and calzones are planned but that may change.

    We’ve had snow, rain and more snow. Daryl the dog is not happy about it.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to talk with you today, you always make me laugh...keep the Husband off the driveway, it's a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a couple weeks of fairly close to the menu implemented. Its the event of the day to see what
    son the calendar and plan for it. I'm doing some shifting already this week as I found a soup mix that needed to be used so I made this morning and froze half and we used a gift card for one large meal Sunday-restaurant changed overall owners so we wanted to make sure we used the gift card balance in case it was not honored with new owners-needed no dinner as lunch was huge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a typical winter here with warmish weather, but overcast and gloomy and barely any snow. Now watch we will have a horrible February or March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only got some snow showers. 18+ inches is a lot! Stay safe & warm Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lots of snow. That would keep me inside until it melted. LOL we got about an inch here, but it has already melted. Your menu sounds delicious, especially the Manicotti.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.