Friday, February 26, 2021

Frugal Friday......the February 26th Edition

 Here are a few of thing frugal things that happened around Chez Sluggy this past week............

*  I already mentioned my Rite-Aid shop--


Though not "free" a good deal this week, especially since the Sundown supplements/vitamins are double dipping as there is a Buy $30/Get $10 BC weekly deal as well as a Buy $30/Get $10 BC monthly deal.  Pair that with that $10 off $40 Q and it's a great buy!

*  While I was out on Wednesday going to R-A I stopped at Burger King for a Wednesday Whopper Deal for $1(a coupon on the app...some Wednesdays it's $2, some Wednesdays it's $1).


Of course I used my BK gift card to pay.  If I keep this up and only use it on $1 Whopper specials I've got about 36 more free whoppers left for the year. lol

*  Younger son(Ex-CB)had a birthday on the 22nd but due to his schedule we are celebrating tonight.  Usually I buy a 1/4 sheet cake or an ice cream cake as he likes those but this year I found a strawberry cake mix at Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap)last month and used a 15% off coupon.  Strawberry anything is his favorite!  So this year I made his cake.....


It's not much to look at(the cake started crumbing when I tried to ice it)but it smells really good(if you like strawberry).  I also iced the middle with strawberry jam(which I had in the pantry already).  I probably won't "decorate" it as Ex-CB won't care either way and I'm scared to touch it and make it look worse. lolz

*  I found money!

A penny at Rite-Aid last Saturday.


And another penny at R-A on Wednesday by the Pharmacy counter.

Not a stellar week for change but it's something.

Found Money This Week.... .02¢
Found Money This Year..... .91¢

We are inching close to a whole $1 for the year. ;-)

That's about it for this week.

What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy


5 comments:

  1. I'll be right over for a slice of that cake-looks so good and I bet the smell is divine. The vitamin deal is great-they are so expensive, but anything we all can do to keep our bodies healthy is a value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberry anything except for strawberry jam. I don't know why, but strawberry jam gags me. Well, in between the layers of cake it would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to ex CB. I don't care if that cake isn't decorated, I just need a slice or two...lol. Doesn't frosting count as a decoration?...lol

    That's a great deal on vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your youngest. I found .9 cents outside of Ross this evening. Went to replace the inside back door rug. 4 pennies and a nickle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used a $50 rewards rebate at Kroger yesterday but Ibotta had nothing I normally buy. Oat milk and a Perfect bar would have been free but they didn’t have either one.

    Little Dexter is refusing his inhalers so that’s over $400 down the drain. Not the best week here.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.