Friday, February 5, 2021

Frugal Friday 2021......the February 5th Edition

 Here's our frugal wins this past week.......

*  I already posted my Rite-Aid trip......


I spent down my Bonus Cash by $7.51 on this transaction and paid nothing OOP.

*  I spent ALL my Extra Care Bucks at CVS on Thursday and purposely didn't earn any more ECBs!  With Winter heavy upon us I just can't have ECBs hanging over my head(as the CVSs are not in my town and too far to travel in bad weather)so I am now out of the CVS game. (Plus CRTs have been nonexistent on my account too.)


I got a big pack of paper towels for Hubs, a pack of CVS wipes for me, Cheez-It's for Hubs and Ex-College Boy and a Maybelline Baby Lips to put in a giveaway(or keep for myself).  I used all my ECBs plus a $10 CVS gift card I earned some time last year and paid $2.30 OOP(used some of my WAM).  Of course there was a hitch, there was a sign on the shelf that the Cheez-Its were on sale 2/$4 but they rang up $3.19 each, reg. price.  Annoying if this was old signage that wasn't taken down from a previous week and I didn't notice it on my receipt until I got home so I filled out their survey to complain about being "overcharged for the item".  My total should have been Zero OOP after Qs and ECBs so we'll see if I get a reply from them about this issue. 
At any rate, I am now done with CVS for the foreseeable future. 8-)))

*  I hit the discount grocery outlet yesterday since the weather was nice and I was over near there to hit CVS and get my glasses.  No picture of the groceries since they are already put away but here is my receipt..


2.01 lbs. of chicken thighs at .79¢ lb.
3 x Nathan's hot dogs for .39¢ each (1 for Ex-CB)
1 x Shredded Carrots for .79¢
1.84 lbs. cabbage head for .49 lb.
1 bundle of fresh asparagus for $1.29
3 lb. bag of onions for .79¢
1 quart of chocolate milk for $1.89
Total of $8.42

I also got 3 cans of cold brew cappuccino coffee drinks as a freebie there(also for Ex-CB).

*  Speaking of new glasses..........

I picked them up as they are near the CVS I went to.  Pardon my slovenly morning hair.  The exam, frames and lenses cost me $98 total and that is without vision insurance so I am happy with the price.  And the frames are purple of course! lol

Two plus days of a Nor'Easter early in the week meant we stayed home half the week.......


The "big storm" dropped just over 18 inches on us and we woke up to an additional 2 inches Friday morning so we are over 20 inches now.  ugh  Talk about adding insult to injury! ;-)  
The forecast keeps changing for the next few days(snow, no snow, lotsa snow)so who knows how much more we'll get here?  But it's suppose to rise above freezing today so we may get some melt-off.  That would be nice.
Being homebound meant less spending or using gas this week so I'll take that as a win. 8-))

*  I found money!

It was a thin week for finds(well duh! I didn't go out much).......


This penny was found at Rite-Aid last Saturday.



And this sad penny was found at P and R Outlet on Thursday while waiting in line at the checkout.  I saw the guy in front of me step on this penny so when we moved up I scooped it up. lol

Found Money This Week... .02¢
Found Money This Year So Far... .40¢

* I almost forgot these two--I had a free birthday burger from Red Robin which expired on Jan. 31st so we went there on Saturday to redeem that.
While we were nearby we also went to Kohl's as I had a $5 Birthday chit to use before the end of January.  I can't show you what I used it on because it's a Christmas gift for a family member but that $5 chit brought the cost down to $1.33 OOP.  It was a $12.50 item that was on clearance(of course). ;-)

That's about it from me this week.


What frugal wins did y'all have for this past week?
Let us know!

Sluggy


11 comments:

  1. Your new glasses look great - and great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best people are wearing purple glasses these days ;) love the pic of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a penny on the ground yesterday and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glasses! They are so you!
    I look for change now and find none anywhere, except for when I cleaned my car for the trade-in. I found 2.37 in loose change in every part of the vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice haul from Rite Aid and you paid nothing out of pocket. Can't beat that. Your new glasses look really nice on you. 20 inches of snow, wow! That is a lot of snow and will take a while to melt. I hope you have a good weekend, Sluggy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute glasses-they are a good shape for you. Bounty and Chees-it's-my girls would be in heaven as I buyt the cheap paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glasses, and I even like the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute glasses. Anything but frugal for me this week. My phone charger broke. Ugh. However, I did stock up on household essential using coupons and Target discounts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Kroger today and used the $20 off $200 purchase and redeemed $9.75 in rewards. Ibotta has a whole $.20 off for any items but I haven’t bothered to submit that yet.

    I’m receiving free and unnecessary Covid tests from work if that counts. I was just there on Wednesday and have to go again on Monday. I’ll try for an exemption if they pick me again.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new specs! We use Zenni all the time now and love having multiple pairs for hardly anything.
    Tebble

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing the money, but more so - you!
    I too like the specs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.