Friday, February 12, 2021

Frugal Friday....the February 12th Edition

 Let's take a look at the frugal wins from this past week around here at Chez Sluggy......

*  I already blogged about my BIG(lol) Rite-Aid haul this week where I rolled/spent down some Bonus Cash....


And for Ms. Goose--the $15 BC wyspend $50 coupon is confirmed for next week!  If it's not in your local ad go online to print it out. 8-)

*  When I went back to R-A on Wednesday for an Rx refill I also did a post coupon for a Q I forgot to use last week when I purchased something.......



That gives me $2 back in my pocket!  Well, back in my refund/post Q envelope really....

* I also did another transaction last week(Friday)at Rite-Aid on another card using that $10 off $50Q.......

The 2 Tides, 7 Febreeze items(one is not pictured as I put it in my car to use-a car deodorizer)were part of the $10 BC wys $30 PandG deal last week.
The R-A brand insoles were $1.99 after Gold discount and gave back $3BC for every 2 packs.
The 2 Neutrogena items were $7.72 after Gold discount and $6.50 in Qs and gave back $6BC.
The ruler and eraser were $1.85 after Gold discount and gave back $4 in BC.
The dog treats were .80¢ after Gold discount and had .50¢ freshness stickers so cost .60¢ total for both packages.
Total was $58.33 after Gold discounts and after $30.47 in coupons it came to $27.86 + $1.44 tax=$29.30 paid for with Bonus Cash.  
I earned back $26 in new BC($10 wys $30 PandG, 2 x $3 R-A insoles, $6 Neutrogena, 2 x $2 R-A stationery)so spent down the BC by $3.30.


*  I did a small shop at Weis(PMITA)Markets on Wednesday as well between snowstorms.  Nothing to show really, just a few bits and bobs we needed(a can of sauerkraut that Hubs requested as we were out,), Salad Greens(one had a 50% sticker), Weis brand sugar(was a really good deal), some dehydrated potato flakes(got 50% back on Ibotta), Chinese crunchy noodles(have you seen the high price of those!?! but I finally broke down at paid full price because we've got a can of chow mein we need the noodles for), 2 jugs of tea(on sale)and a 2 pack of panko pork tenderloin filets(with a discount sticker on it for the freezer).  $18.46 was the cost OOP and it's the only money I've spent this week.

*  Do you remember my final shop at CVS last week?

If you remember I lamented that the Cheez-Its were NOT on sale as the old signage stated so I ended up paying $2.30 OOP after ECBs and gift card.
CVS emailed me a "how did we do" survey last weekend and I told them about the signage issue.  I got an email from the store manager to come in for a refund of the difference between what I paid and what the sign said the price was.  Haven't had a chance yet to go in yet(it's not close and hello-constant snow storms all week!)but I'll print out the email and next time I go down the mountain that way I'll pop in for the refund.
Stay tuned.

*  While doing the end of January bookkeeping I discovered I didn't account for an Amazon Pantry order I made last month.  I'll just put it into February's tally so no worries.  Also I used a free Amazon gift card to pay the $33.23 it came to so it wouldn't change my January spending(just the total of what the savings rate was as it was free).  It was 11 household/food items they had put on a short time sale(some I bought multiples of so more than 11 items in total in the order).  Stuff like tea bags, minced garlic, parsley flakes, carpet deodorizer, bags of tortilla chips, a box of rice Chex, cold care tea bags, chicken stock, bathroom cups, etc.  Free shipping once I hit the $30 threshold I believe.

*  I found money!

This penny was found at Weis(PMITA)Markets by my favorite self-checkout.


And that same day in Rite-Aid I passed a freestanding display of gift cards and one of the hooks with a bunch of gift cards was laying on the ground.  So I bent over to pick the hook/cards up to put it back on the display and I spied a dime in the corner there.  Who says it doesn't pay to be kind? lol


Then on the way out of R-A this rock salt coated penny was lying by the door on the sidewalk outside.  It's still cruddy after I gave it a bath but there is a penny under there. ;-)

Considering I only went to 2 stores this past week I am happy with this found money total. ;-)

Found Money This Week... .12¢
Found Money This Year....  .52¢

That's about it for me this week other than staying home, playing with the doggies in the snow, no take-out and eating down the pantry and freezers.  Hubs and I may go to Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!)tomorrow as I still have a 15% off coupon that expires on Sunday.


What frugal wins did y'all have this week?

Tell us all about it!


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. What a good week you had, Sluggy, even with all that yucky snow.
    Nice of the CVS manger to email you about a refund.

    I had to look up the price of those Chinese crunchy noodles, they *are* expensive! But when you need something you have to buy them. You'll make up for in in anther area. :)

    I hope you have another good week and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe it was just the store by me that had such expensive chow mein noodles! Aldi doesn't carry them, and even the store brand has gotten so high, but I like them when we do have canned chow mein, and I like them on top of my rice hot dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showered for the first time all week today. Saved water and also haven’t shaved my legs in almost a year.

    Jen G. The Dirty Hippie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sluggy! I'm gonna try to do the monthly deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite store had a sale on eggs, so I picked up an extra carton. Between the digital coupon and Ibotta, my milk was about one dollar. Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still get a smile to read the 'found money' report.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.