Saturday, February 27, 2021

Ibotta and Shopping on Friday at Walmart & Rite-Aid

 I still needed 16 rebates on Ibotta to earn my $10 Bonus before March 1st so I went down the mountain and hit Walmart since that's the easiest place around here to get rebates with the fewest number of dollars spent.  And it wasn't the first week of the month so it wasn't crazy busy there. ;-)


These items were a subtotal of $32.35.  
I used a $1/1 IPQ for the Dave's bagels and a 75¢/1 IPQ for the Tums so total was $30.60+.33¢ tax=$35.93 Total.

I used a free $25 Fetch gift card I bought off my phone in the store to pay which left me with $5.60 OOP on this order.

I earned back 13 rebates(the Mooalas qualified for 2 separate rebates, there was a any antacid rebate that stacked with a Tums rebate and then the Scotties tissue and Core bar triggered 2 separate rebates for each which I had no clue that would happen).  I was expecting the Ritz rebate for $2.98 on the Toasted Chips but Ibotta changed the details on that offer which I have done before and now the Toasted Chips don't qualify. boo.  But that's on me for not checking the UPC in the store and being lazy.  But I'll keep those Ritz chips because I LOVE this Veggie variety! 

 If I take those 2 Ritz items off my total(they come to $5.36)then my OOP on the Ibotta qualified stuff comes to .24¢.
Total earned on Ibotta was $13.95 on the rebates I received at Walmart.

(I also bought a can of soup and a 5lb. bag of rice both on clearance for $5 but those aren't part of this report but will be accounted for on my monthly food spending.)

So now I only needed 3 more rebates to hit 36 so I trotted off to a bigger Rite-Aid near there.......


I bought 6 Arm and Hammer detergent as they were Buy 1 Get 2 Free and a tad cheaper in this store than in mine($6.99 vs. $7.29).  The 3 bags of laundry packs/pods also had $1 off peelie Qs on the bags.
Sweet.  And I handed over 3 other Arm and Hammer Qs(1 Manu/2 IPQs)to apply to the jugs.  Usually you can't use a Q on an item that is free with their deals but all the Qs worked!  $7.98 plus tax for 6 containers of laundry detergent (or $1.33 a bottle/pack)is not bad IMHO.  If there was an Ibotta rebate or a BC Deal on it too it would have been awesome but I'll take it anyway.

I also did the Palmolive/Ajax dish soap Deal-there is a buy2 get $2 BC weekly deal that is double dipping with a $3 BC wyspend $10 monthly deal.  With gold discount I needed to buy a fifth bottle so I got a 10 oz. Palmolive to hit the $10 mark and earned that $7 in BC.

The Gevalia was $6.39 gold discount and gave back $3 in BC.
The other stuff-the 2 Suave deodorants(BOGO50% so $3.58 total), the Neutrogena acne soap($2.79 w/gold discount), the 2 bags of gummies(2/$3 on sale)all helped get me over $40 total so I could use that $10/$40 R-AQ.

Total with $1.14 sales tax added was $26.09 after $16 in Qs(6 x $1/1 Arm and Hammer and the $10 off $40.  I used $26.09 in Bonus Cash to pay and earned a meager $10 in BC back($7 Palmolive double dip, $3 Gevalia).
But I earned back $5.25 on 5 different rebates Ibotta for the Gevalia coffee, Neutrogena acne soap, the 2 Suave deodorants and the 2 bags of Haribo giving me 18 more rebates total and put me over the magic 36 needed so I earned the $10  Bonus.

Total cash OOP for both trips.......24¢
Total rebates earned for both trips....$29.20 w/the $10 Bonus.

Now that's what I call Winning the Rebate Game! lol


I can't help but think about Anne in the Kitchen when I found this video. hehehe

Sluggy


6 comments:

  1. You'd think with my time at home and not galivanting as my mom called it, all over town, I would have figured out all the deals. good stuff you found for pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at doing the rebate game, Sluggy. I stand in awe of your amazing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the laugh. If only he had watered it with the tears of angels!
    Once again you are the winner of the shopping game. I would love to be able to join in but there are no Rite Aids here any longer and then there is that pesky math thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me that I have 6.00 in riteaid bucks I must use this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome deals Sluggy! I can never find half the items at my Walmart, but it's a great place to do Ibotta deals.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.