Monday, February 15, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Happy Puppy" Edition....



      
Since the snow is so high here(not melting due to low temps and lack of sunshine)we can let Chest off the leash in the yard because the snow is too high for him to escape the yard.  Hubs made him a "race track" in the backyard buy shoveling a path from their potty field on one side of the deck back to the fenced in garden area and back down the other side of the deck, making a continuous loop around the yard.  He's in full on sprint mode in the photo.
He is loving running laps in there like a crazy dog!  I think he's the only one here happy with this week's snowy forecast too. lol
Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On-
This is what was planned....
1. Sunday--Chicken w/Wild Rice Soup, Cheddar Drop Biscuits
2. Monday--Kielbasi, Baked Beans, Grilled Onions
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Potatoes au Gratin, Saute Cabbage
4. Wednesday--Ham slices, Asparagus, leftover au Gratin Taters
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks or Leftovers
6.  Friday--Leftover Soup w/Cornbread
7. Saturday--Chicken Tenders, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Carrots

And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Chicken w/Wild Rice Soup, Cheddar Drop Biscuits
2. Monday--Kielbasi, Baked Beans, Grilled Onions
3. Tuesday--Salmon, Potatoes au Gratin, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself
5. Thursday--Chicken Tenders, Corn, leftover au Gratin Taters
6.  Friday--Ham slices, Glazed Carrots, Mac and Cheese
7. Saturday--Steak, Tossed Salad, Baked Potato

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 night of leftovers/planned overs or no dinner, FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
Mostly everything planned was cooked/served except we had leftover soup for lunch 2 times instead of for dinner on Friday(and there is 1 more helping left besides the  container I froze)and Ex-CB came over on Friday so the Ham as well as Mac and Cheese happened then.  I also made a second smaller pan of Mac to send home with him as it's his and his roommate's favorite. ;-)
The Marie Callender "faux Red Lobster" Cheddar biscuits were not good.  Too salty and not even cheese in them so I think we threw 2 out(or will be thrown out unless Hubs wants to choke those down).lol
I didn't eat dinner on Wednesday so Hubs just fended for himself.

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 pack chicken tenders(used up)
*  1 package of salmon fillet
*  1 Kielbasi ring
*  1/8th of a Dinner Ham

We spent $58.21 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week.  $4.12 at Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!), $18.46 at Weis(PMITA)Markets and $35.63 at the Discount Grocery Outlet on mostly produce, luncmeat/cheese, oatmilk for Hubs, a small cheese ball, a rotisserie chicken and a frozen pie. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Grand Total to $68.93 for February.

There are 13 shopping days left in February.  More snow all this week so I don't know how much if any shopping I'll get done.  That's why we hit the Discount Grocery Outlet again on Thursday since we were near there when I had to go back to CVS for my refund.

I've earned $3.80 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in February.
I've earned 6,512 points from shopping on Fetch in February.
I've earned 0 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in February.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in February.

My savings percentage for last week was 63.76%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for February and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 68.54%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week--cole slaw, ham, bits of corn, asparagus, baked beans, 1 baked potatoe and lots of mac and cheese(like soup from scratch you can't make just a little mac and cheese lol).

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chinese take-out V-Day
2. Monday--Rotisserie Chicken, Assorted leftover Sides, Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef/Mushroom Stroganoff, Rice
4. Wednesday--Chicken Chow Mein, Rice, Crunchy Noodles
5. Thursday--Hubs cooks(Caesar salad w/chicken?)
6.  Friday--Mac and Cheese w/Ham, sauteed Cabbage
7. Saturday--Leftovers or ?

I bought mushrooms and salad greens last week plus I had a head of cabbage that needs using. Leftover Rotisserie chicken will either become chicken salad or put into a Caesar salad on Hubs night to cook.  Time will tell....

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  Not such great deals here unless I go to the discount food outlet.

Sluggy



 

9 comments:

  1. Chester is so cute - we got 1 foot of snow over the last 2 days so hubby had to create the same kind of run for Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chester looks so cute sprinting. Back when we were growing up we would shovel a path to the garage, where my Dad worked, so he could get to it without incident. Our pooch would always use that path to go potty every time. LOL

    You and Ms. Goose have both mentioned Ollie's today. Bailey tells me it's not the store for me, but I m going to have to reconsider and go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I love Chester...cute, cute! "potty field" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chester is so cute! Not sure what's on sale at the store. I sent Bill to the store Friday for a couple things I needed but with the snow/ice stuff I am not going to the store for the next couple days. Thinking might be Wednesday so I can get milk and bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. White bean soup and I have zucchini pizza in the oven. Meal three will probably be pasta because we love the carbs.

    Tons of snow here so also had to make some backyard trails for Daryl. He ran like a crazy man for a few minutes then returned to his couch spot.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Looks like he loves the snow. Sweet of your hubby to shovel him a dog run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chester looks almost as happy as he did with his bed while I was there. Did he ever get to smoke a cigarette?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.