Wednesday, February 3, 2021

2021 Food Spending Report.....the January Edition

 Onward to January's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JANUARY 2021.

I have posted January's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in January.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2-3 eating at home this month). No "kids" under 24.
*****************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $6.49
Value  $26.94
Savings  75.91%

CVS
OOP  $4.86
Qs/Ads/ECBs  $83.81
Value  $88.67
Savings 94.52%

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $4.56
Qs/Ads  $30.20
Value  $34.76
Savings  86.88%

MALACARI'S
OOP  $5.95
Value  $948
Savings  37.24%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $5.06
Value  $9.84
Savings  48.57 %

OCEAN STATE
OOP  $0.00(used free gift card
Value  $13.99
Savings  100%

P and R DISCOUNTS
OOP  $47.44
Value  $116.06
Savings   59.12%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC  $1074.81
Value  $1074.81
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $120.26
Value  $294.31
Savings  59.14%

WEIS
OOP  $87.14
Qs/Sales  $96.37
Value  $183.51
Savings  52.51%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Ocean State at 100% and CVS at 94.52%.   My worst savings rate was at Malacari's with 37.24%.
I shopped at 10 different stores in January.  

TOTAL Spent.........................................$295.22
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.................$482.34
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$777.56
TOTAL Savings of ................................62.03%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for January w/R-A........$295.22
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales w/R-A....................$1557.15
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1852.37
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items.....................84.06%

This closes out the January food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into January wanting to eat down the pantry/freezers a bit and not spend a bunch of $$ on food shopping.  I did still stock up on good deals that I found them.  We ended the month of January at  $104.78 UNDER my usual Food/Toiletries/HBA/Paper Goods monthly budget. 
I also had a very big month of cash rebates, which was just $49.69 Less than what I actually spent on groceries. (This doesn't count any ShopKicks, Fetch, Checkout51 or Swagbucks rebates I did.) I am happy with that.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 8.68% in January 2021 to 84.06% compared to the December's 75.38% savings average mostly due to a LOT of Rite-Aid shopping.  Usually I don't do so much R-A buying in January.


With 1 month accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $295.22 on food/toiletries in 2021.

2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$295.22
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items....$1852.37
2020 Grand Total Saved...............................$1557.15
2020 Yearly Savings Total............84.06%

The average per month amount spent is $295.22 in 2021 so far.

LOOKING AHEAD To February 2021...........
We have had some very bad Winter weather already and more is on the horizon for this weekend into next week.  February is generally our worst Winter weather month so other than spending/rolling my Bonus Cash at R-A I don't plan on hitting Walmart which is my main Ibotta store much in February.
Weis(PMITA)Markets hasn't been good for Ibotta lately so yeah.
We'll probably double down on eating from what we have at home in February and try to keep the spending to a minimum except for needs.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in January?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Just wondering how you track everything - do you keep a spreadsheet, or pencil & paper records?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a notebook and I record all receipts in it and tuck the receipts into the front of the notebook if I need to refer to any of them. At the end of the month I tally up all the spending.

      Delete
  2. Id I miss something on your family size? I thought all the kids, even Ex College Boy was out of the house now. My savings rate is insignificant as I am not pairing deals and suc, but tweaking what and how much we buy. I came in at $506-inlcuding take out, but that was a stop by husband through McDonalds drive through on his own time, plus both an expensive take out and tip and special cake for daughter. I also loaded up my daughter with about $65 of Trader Joe items for her to take back to school. I did an end of month challenge though that was successfully frugal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ex-College Boy is out of the house since July but he comes home to eat dinner at least once a week and often his roommate comes over for dinner too so we are feeding up to 4 people once a week. I also pick up foodstuffs for him now and again at the stores. Again, most of what I get him I get reimbursed by Ibotta for but I do lay out some cash for some of it.

      Delete
  3. It is harder and harder to keep food costs down here, and we have really had to bang up sales.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.