Saturday, February 20, 2021

Frugal Friday.....the February 19th Edition, on Saturday

The more I do, the behinder I get some days.  I wanted to mention the R-A deals before the week was over(and the Spend $50/Get $15 Bonus Cash Q expired)so I posted that on Friday instead.
So here is the Frugal Friday post a day later than usual.......

*  My Weis(PMITA)Markets Points were expiring last Sunday so I used 100 of them to get .10¢ off each gallon of gas I bought.  I only earned 154 pts. in the last 6 week period since I didn't shop there much and you have to use them in 100 increments so .10¢ off gas was the best I could do.


I went on Saturday and saved a whole .54¢ since I had half a tank still in my car.  Hey, .54¢ is .54¢, right?

*  I already posted about my Walmart trip....


Spent $17.37 OOP and earned back $26.65 in cash rebates there.

*  I also cashed out some Shop Kick points to purchase a $25 Walmart gift card before checking out at Walmart which brought my OOP on the previous shop down by that amount. 8-)

*  And my Rite-Aid trips.........



Spent Zero OOP and earned back $21.70 in cash rebates and $66 in Bonus Cash.

*  I found money!


After getting the discounted gas on Saturday I swung by Mickey D's for an iced tea.  When I stopped at the first window to pay I saw change on the ground so I opened my door while waiting on the cashier and scooped up this dime and quarter.  Yay!


On Tuesday I was chatting with my friend in the R-A break room while she ate her lunch and found this penny tucked under the fridge in there.


When I was leaving Walmart on Wednesday I spied this abandoned penny peeking out from under a candy rack.  He came home with me of course!

Found Money This Week... .37¢
Found Money This Year.... .89¢

*  Last Friday Hubs and I hit the P and R Outlet again since we were over that way.  Mostly we bought lunchmeats, cheese plus produce and oatmilk.


Here are the freebies they were giving out that day--bags of pork rind snacks and 8 pack boxes of kids crackers.  I think these cracker are cheese flavor so they will be eaten at Chez Sluggy or I can give them to Ex-CB.

*  I returned some items to Rite-Aid last week that weren't needed/wanted.........


They give back cash instead of BC when you have paid with Bonus Cash now so I got a cash refund of $17.08 which went into my "Refunds/Post Coupon" envelope to be added back into my grocery funds at the end of 2021.

That's about it from here.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?

Sluggy





5 comments:

  1. Sounds like another good week for you, Sluggy and more found money. You can't beat that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found .26 in the mcdonald parking lot, no not in the drive thru.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always pick up the pennies as they are good luck - or used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair was driving me crazy so I chopped about 6 inches off. It ended up a bit short and now I have Joanne Weir hair for anyone that watches PBS cooking shows. 😒

    Little Dexter hasn’t been doing well for quite a while so we’re trying some inhalers to help with his breathing. They cost over $300 per month so no unnecessary spending whatsoever. The little guy is so worth it if we can make him a little more comfortable for his remaining time.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.