* Since Sue L. asked.........My Taco Con Queso Casserole on my meal plan this week is simply a Velveeta boxes dinner(Sluggy hangs her head in shame that it wasn't a cooked from scratch meal but a 75% off boxed dinner from Ollies lolz)......noodles, cheesy spicy cheese sauce and chicken. We didn't end up having it yet this week but when we do prepare it we will add veggies(corn, red bell peppers or green chiles, that sort of thing). You can probably make something like this from scratch....just google it.
Mostly I see it served with or cooked with rice rather than pasta.
* About couponing since a couple folks asked.........
Digital coupons are those that attach to a loyalty card. Most grocery stores have them so check with your store's website and/or app. Weis(PMITA)Markets as well as Rite-Aid have digital Qs(known as Load2Card at R-A). Other than checking with your store or checking out the the Coupons dotcom app on your smartphone I don't really have much more info on that whole arena. If anyone reading is a digital coupon Goddess please give us from tips!
About coupon lingo and shorthand, go HERE for a pretty comprehensive list of coupon abreviations and explanations. I'll add a couple Rite-Aid specific abbriviations--L2CQ(Load to Card coupon), WW refers to Wellness Wednesday(the first Wednesday of each month when one day Qs are available)so a WWQ is a Wellness Wednesday coupon.
* Friday and Saturday are 30% sale days at Rite-Aid. You need a catalina or a coupon for it that printed out on your receipt in the last 10 days or so or if you are lucky, you store will have coupons available at the register or somewhere in the store(sales flyer kiosk, by the pharmacy, etc.) Let me just say that having/getting/using a 30% coupon is a YMMV(Your Mileage May Vary)situation. Some stores will be pretty aggressive with handing the Qs out, some stores will have a stack at the register or one taped to the register and automatically give you the 30% off(if the items is on sale for BOGO50% or at a sale price that is GREATER than a 30% off discount the 30% off won't apply).
Other stores........*whomp whomp*.....other stores don't give a rat's ass if you know about the Friends and Family sale, won't mention it, won't KNOW about the sale(depends on that store's management)and might even look at you suspiciously if you hand them a coupon for it.
If you didn't get the Q go on the Rite-Aid website and there should be a link somewhere there to either print it out or show at the register from you smartphone. 8-)
* Since Teddie asked........... My Korean BBQ from Sunday was using a bottled sauce for the marinade rather than making it from scratch. Again, I got the sauce/marinade very cheap at a discount outlet. It's called Bulgogi sauce and you can find recipes for many versions of the sauce online.
A tip that really helps is that you slice your beef(against the grain)when it's frozen so you can get it really, really thinly sliced.(Next time I'll also add pineapple juice to the marinade as it adds in breaking down the connective tissues in the meat....oh, I am so smart!lolz).
Anyway, proper Korean BBQ is cooked on charcoal grills but being February in Pennsyltucky I high heat cooked the beef in a cast iron pan to get the crispy bits on the meat like from grilling it. Then stir-fried the broccoli with some of the marinade and dumped it all together with ramen noodles and called it dinner. ;-)
* The last few days of February have seemed to have taken weeks to finish. Ok, so maybe it's because we cashed out a CD a few days ago and are waiting for it to fully process and set up a new, higher interest CD at a different financial institution. It was heart stopping yesterday to go online and see the CD account was close with a ZERO balance but the monies hadn't showed up in the bank where it was suppose to go!!! That's a whole boatload of cash to have suspended in the ether somewhere and freaked me out a bit. Hopefully everything will get to where it needs to go and I can fund the new CD before we leave for down South the end of next week.
* I am in full-on planning mode for this coming WW(see what I did there?)sale. The WWL2CQs are now available online. Load all the WWQs to your account(s)as they come off ALONG with the paper WWQs in the store that day. There are suppose to be RMNQs in the inserts this Sunday(of course I don't get these here!)for Centrum and Enmergen-C that will pair with the double dipping R-AQs making these items a MM.
A Werther's candy Q just popped up on Coupons dotcom too which would make this an even bigger MM too. ;-)
Ok, that's enough outta me for today.
Time to go close the books on February here(except for the interest which doesn't come through until tomorrow).
Hope everyone out there is ready for March......because it's coming if you like it or not! 8-)))