Monday, February 18, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table


The "It's Not Suppose to Be this Warm Here in February!" Edition.........


In the car on the way to a different Weis(PMITA)Markets on Friday I snapped this blurry shot of the temp. on my car's dashboard.  If you can't make it out it says 59F.  A minute later it rolled over to 60F.
WTF?!?
Normal around here in February ranges from a high of 40 something to a low of -10 or so.
And I just read it's suppose to hit the mid 50sF again this week.

Crazy weather.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Pad Thai fake-out
2. Monday--Hamburgers, Tomato and Cuke Salad
3. Tuesday--Beef Lasagna, Tossed Salad
4. Wednesday--leftover Ham, Mac and Cheese, Veggies TBD(maybe leftover corn and peas)
5. Thursday--Chicken Thighs and something else lolz
6. Friday--Ham and cheese scrambled eggs, French Toast, Fruit
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Pad Thai fake-out
2. Monday--Beef Lasagna, Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread
3. Tuesday--leftover Ham, Mac and Cheese, Assorted leftover veg-corn and peas
4. Wednesday--Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Baked Beans
5. Thursday--Fend For Yourself(Don't remember what exactly)
6. Friday--Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry, Fried Rice
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out. 
I used leftover roast chicken for the Pad Thai and the Teriyaki Stir-free.  The cuke got used somewhere else so we had beans and tater salad w/the burgers instead.
Breakfast for Dinner and Chicken Thighs meal didn't happen(I was sick one night and I wanted to use up the rest of the leftover roasted chicken in a stir-fry so we did that chicken meal instead of thighs.)and move to this week.

What got put into the freezer last week.....
*  15 pints of ice cream/frozen yogurt
*  2 large bags if cheese ravioli
*  1 box of breaded fish fillets

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.......
*  Nothing-It was all meats I already had in the fridge

 A couple of grocery trips.....3 smallish trips to Weis($16.16/$36.40/$31.45)and a trip to Malacari's Produce Market($23.40)brought the weekly food spending to $107.41 and brought the February monthly total to $180.89 so far.  And I forgot to include the trip on Friday where I bought 15 pints of ice cream(not going to go back and redo the numbers, I'll just add it to this coming week's total). ugh

My savings percentage last week was 58.85%(without Rite-Aid trips)and February's monthly savings total comes to 63.85%(w/out R-A).  

I have 10 more spending days in the month(plus that 1 trip to Weis to account for from last week).

Leftovers going into this week....ham, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, lasagna, potato salad, baked beans, 1 helping of chicken teriyaki stir-fry, fried rice(more than 1 helping).

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Leftover Ham and Mac and Cheese(just Hubs and I)
2. Monday--BBQ Chicken Thighs, Asparagus, Leftover Fried Rice
3. Tuesday--Birthday Meal Out(Ex-College Boy)
4. Wednesday--Breakfast-Scrambled Eggs w/Ham and Cheese, French Toast
5. Thursday--Brats on Rolls, Grilled Onions, Broccoli, leftover sides smorgasboard lolz
6. Friday--Leftover Lasagna, Tomato/Cuke Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 3 new meals cooked, 3 nights of leftovers/FFY, 1 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu? Asparagus, a Cuke, milk(as usual). I'll be making a trip to Weis for more free yogurt and free soup this week.  Not much else on my radar yet.  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

3 comments:

  1. The meals look good even if you are over cooking. I hope Dan is making his own breakfasts and lunches and does not expect you to either cook for or eat with him. I really am not looking forward to that part of retirement,
    With the exception of bargain asparagus this looks like a mediocre at best food ad week here. Glad I need very little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started off the week on plan but things got moved around towards the end of the week. I didn't want to leave the crock pot on Thursday as we had terrible winds and I was afraid the power would go out. But I made due with what was on hand.

    Sunday-Chinese takeout hubby picked up while I was at work
    Monday-pork chops ($1.88 a pound)
    Tuesday-alfredo
    Wednesday-tuna noodle casserole
    Thursday-chicken salads
    Friday-fish and pierogies
    Saturday-pizza

    I also made a big pot of chicken noodle soup. Supposed to get another storm tomorrow, if the kids don't have school we might make something different. I'm flexible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait till tomorrow when we get 5 inches of snow

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.