Saturday, February 16, 2019

Just Bit of Shopping & WTF Just Happened!?

So I saw a bunch of Almay in a clearance bin at Rite-Aid.


Almary mascara marked down to $2.24 from $8.99 makes it 75% off.


I used a $2/1 Almay make-up item IPQ and paid .26¢ for this(with .02¢ tax).
Almay is part of the spend $50/Get $20 BC next week so I'll go back with a fist full of more Qs and see if the clearance stuff qualifies for the BC Deal.
Spending .26¢ isn't too bad for giveaway goodies, yes?

I also hit up Weis on Friday.
I only planned to get a few things.....*cough*


These Jimmy Dean breakfast thingamabobs were $2.50 if you bought 3.  I had .55¢/1 IPQs that doubled to $1.10 off so they were each $1.40.  Just something new to try.

I found 3 Chobani marked down from $1 to .50¢ each.  I had a $1/5 any Chobani so picked up 2 flips to make it 5 items. $3.50 with markdowns-$1/5 Q=$2.50 for all 5 yogurts.

I had 2 x .50¢/1 Too Good Yogurt IPQs(which doubled to $1 off)so those 2 yogurts on the far right were free.

The 2 x Oikos triple zero cups and the 4 x Oh! Oikos were also $1 each and my doubled IPQs for those make all 6 of those free as well.

I forgot to photo the 2 dozen Eggland's Best eggs that were on sale for BOGO(reg. price $2.50).  I used a $1/2 ManuQ so 2 dozen eggs cost me $1.50.
I'm up to $5.70 OOP.


The Mix and Match Deal this week is Buy 6/Get $3 Instantly Off.  Not too thrilled on only getting $3 off and not $6 but the items above were worth grabbing.
Organic Progresso soups $1.99 on sale and Annie's granola bars $2.99 on sale.
SubTotal $13.94-$3=$10.94.
My 6 Qs that doubled came to $8 total so $10.94-$8-$2.94 for all 6 items(plus the Annie's has box tops on the boxes. woohoo!lol).
Now we're up to $8.64 OOP.


This 12 pack of wet dog food trays was $9.45 and had a $2 Q on it so $7.45.

Then I used a $5/1 12 pack Bella IPQ so paid $2.45 out the door for it. 
SubTotal for everything was up to $11.09.   8-)))

Then I went down the frozen food aisle and as the young folks say, "shit got real"........

Weis had certain flavors of Halo Top, Yasso, Enlightened, Talenti, Gelato Fiasco, Weis brand Gelato, etc. on clearance marked down by 50% for between $1.73 and $2.69 a pint!

The store started spinning, I texted my Daughter for an intervention but she egged me on and the next thing I knew I came to at the register with FIFTEEN pints of ice cream/frozen greek yogurt in my cart.


So much for all that space in my freezers...........


And my LOW food spending for the week.
Cheap ice cream is an exception to a low spending month, right?!? ;-)


Sluggy

17 comments:

  1. Cheap ice cream is always the exception to the rule!! good thing you had freezer space!! Nice on your shopping trips! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like drinking diet coke with something - the calories don't count....just make sure you have a diet coke with the ice cream and it's all good :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe.....or I could wait and eat it all on my birthday because we all know there are no calories on your birthday.

      Delete
  3. that is one impressive freezer; it looks like King Tut's tomb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwww!!! Great deal one ice cream. I hope that’s several years supply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, 15 pints but 6 are my daughters so that leaves me 9 pints. At half a pint per sitting that's 18 days worth. Not eve close to several years worth. lol

      Delete
  5. awesome deal on the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! TheHub bought some Enlightened tonight for 4 bucks a pint. Great deal there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That stuff is expen$ive so I only buy it on sale, or in this case on clearance. lolz

      Delete
  7. I would have done the same thing. I have no control when it comes to ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through phases with ice cream....either I am in the mood or not.

      Delete
  8. Have you tried that ice cream? I'm not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie, I've had the Halo Top, Enlightened, Talenti and Gelato Fiasco. Not a fan of the Enlightened one(or Magnum brand either). Most of the Halo Top and the Yasso was bought for my Daughter since she requested those. The Gelato stuff is all for ME!!! lolz

      Delete
  9. Cheap icecream is a food group at my house - well done! I haven't bought any since December trying to defrost the freezer. Today is the day then I can stock up again on frozen food - yeehaw! (I need to get out more lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of all the treats I love, ice cream doesn't call to me-except really good premium ice cream or gelato. It looks like you hot what I like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are incorrigible,and should have your own ward on the 5th level of our hospital. Guess which ward that is?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers, those are great ice cream deals (my favorite treat). I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.