Friday, February 15, 2019

Frugal Friday....the February 15th Edition

Here's what passed for frugal around here this past week..........

*  I got the Weis Friday Freebie last week..............


A free bag of Weis candy.  I chose the Peach Rings because, well, they were the best choice among the candies that were free.


*  I used my 700 Weis points to get .70¢ off per gallon of gas on Wednesday. Of course, it would have been more of a win if Hubs would go up there with me in his car so we can get the full 20 gallons available at that discount.
My car's tank holds only 10 gallons but he can't be bothered to convoy up to Weis with me to save another 10+ gals at $1.72 gal. rather than the current reg. price of $2.42 gal.  I can't figure what his problem is with this.....it's not like Weis is far away and/or he has anything better to do being retired and home bothering me all day!  I guess it's his passive aggressiveness shining through.  ;-)


*  I found some change..........

A trip to Rite-Aid on Wednesday to pick up drugs and I found .12¢-.11¢ under a display and .1¢ in front of the register.
Yay!

Then I was back at R-A on Thursday to pic up Hubs' drug and spied another .1¢.
Total for the week.......13¢.

I went to the local produce place on Sunday and found a nickel......


Then I found another penny in the dryer and under the Rules of Sluggy any money found in the washer or dryer at my house is MINE! lolz



Total found change last week........19¢.  8-)))


*  I picked up some deals at Weis(PMITA)Markets........


The juice was on clearance for $1.42 and I used a $1/2 ManuQ so .92¢ per gallon.
The 2 yogurts were free after doubled IPQ.
The meatless bacon pack was free(more on that in a minute).
The big Palmolive dish soap was .55¢ after a stacked .50¢ IPQ and a .50¢ digitalQ on my card(both of which doubled).
The sugared-up cereal were on sale 2/$5.  I used 2 x .50¢/1 IPQs which doubled to $1 off each.  I also had a .50¢/1 digitalQ that doubled that came off so I am up to $3 off.  I will get another $1.50 cash back on Ibotta(.75¢ per box)for buying these as well so I am OOP .50¢ for both boxes of cereal.

The 3 packs of baby wipes and 3 bags of frozen veggies were part of the Mix and Match Buy 6/Get $3 off Deal.
All were $1.99 w/sale prices so $11.94-$3 instantly Off=$8.94.
I also used 3 x .50¢/1 Huggies wipes IPQ(which doubled to $1 off even though the coupon clearly states "do not double". lol)plus a digital .50¢/1 Huggies Wipes Q which also doubled to $1 came off so now were are at $8.94-$4Qs=$4.94(plus tax on the wipes)for all 6 items.
Nice.

* It always pays to double check your receipt.  The smart bacon item rang up $2.99.  I was expecting it to ring up $1 because here is the tag on the shelf.........

Reg. $3.99 on sale for $1.

But it rang up $1 OFF instead even though the tag says pay $1.
So I took the receipt back in, took a snapshot of the tag and item on the shelf and went to Customer Service.
CS called over the produce guy(this stuff is in the produce dept.)and it was decided that the tag was a misprint and I got the item free since it rang up wrong.

This was just an impulse buy, something I'd spend $1 on so Daughter could try it.
Better yet, catching the mistake it cost me NOTHING. lol
(Daughter said it was ok but has NO protein in it so I won't be getting this item again.)




I am off to Weis for today's freebie, the Friday sales and to check out the clearance stuff in a different Weis(PMITA)Markets.

What frugal wins did y'all have last week?



Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Okay miss smarty pants, I have found no money this week but I am going to go out today looking for some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am somewhat sure I'll be informed plenty of new stuff right right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always have to check your receipts. I find mistakes all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.