Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Aggrafretted & Blah

"Aggrafretted" is a made-up word my mother's boyfriend use to use.  Yes, he was an old country boy who never finished high school and he had a habit of making up his own vocabulary.  I believe it's a combinations of aggravation and being frustrated.....at least it seems to me to be that.

So again, I have been feeling aggrafretted lately!

*  Dealing with high school cashiers at Weis(PMITA)Markets.  I should know better than to set food into Weis on a weekend, when these young part time job cashiers are working.  They generally don't know the store policies and are likely more than not to screw something up.  I just should avoid the grocery store on weekends and save myself the aggravation!

*  Again, with the cashier incompetence......bought some items at Ollie's end of the week.


These Country Time sparkling lemonade packs were 75% off, reg. $1.99 each, on sale for .50¢ a pack of 8 cans.
So I checked my receipt after checking out and the cashier had rung up 5 packs instead of the 4 packs I had bought.
I got back in line(no CS desk at Ollie's)to get this corrected and that's when the wheels fell off of that bus!lolz
Cashier seemed to know what she was doing in general but since it was a clearance return she didn't seem to know what to do to credit me .50¢ back on my c/c.  After what seemed like hours, she arrived at a return of $1.58.  $1.49 + tax of .09¢(even though being food there was no tax charged on this item to begin with).  I wasn't about to stand there another half hour while the line grew behind me(only cashier open)and the sighing got louder and louder so I just signed the danged receipt and left, paying a total of .42¢ for ALL 4 packs of lemonade.  8-)))

*  I have been off the crazy pills almost a month now after weaning off them slowly over 2 weeks time.  The good news is I haven't killed anyone(though the voice in my head does yell, "Off With Your Head!" at certain people, in certain situations....but then again, isn't that normal?!?).  I also don't go off on manic or depressive jags. 
I do however suddenly get teary at unexpected times.  I am not one to cry at sad movies, etc. but I began to blubber while watching "The Voice" last night at one moment.  This happens infrequently and isn't a big deal but now I am wondering if I have PBA(pseudobulbar affect)and I had a brain injury or stroke I don't know about.
Yes, it's always something around here. lolz
The bad news with going off the crazy pills is that I am still experiencing shaking.  I just have a suspicion that the shaking is neurological so I've got testing in my future.
FUN.

*  I can not WAIT for my daughter to graduate and LEAVE!  I love her but.......
She's 26 years old.
She's highly opinionated(gee, where does she get that from!?!?)
She's a smart ass(ditto the last comment).
She's got Senioritis.
She's been a big old PITA lately.

Hubs and I are constantly looking at each other when she leaves the room and commenting, "When is she leaving?!".

She has been difficult to live with lately and I am already making plans in my head for making changes in the house once she has left the building.


*  I gave Hubs a gift card to Dickey's BBQ at Christmas.  Hubs went out earlier today to run some of his errands and I mentioned it would be a good thing for him to take that gift card and pick us up some 'cue for lunch to bring home.
So I go online to see what I want him to bring me and dadgummit!! our Dickey's has closed up!!!
BBQ places just don't have a chance around here as they all go the way of the dinosaurs.  The only place here is Smoky Bones(a Darden chain)and I don't consider that either bbq or a good deal for the price.
sigh. Now we have to save that gift card to use on a trip.
 So aggrefretting..........

Thank goodness I am a woman of simple needs so I can balance out what aggrafrets me with simple joys like sleeping in, finding change, playing with Chester, keeping track of our spending(math geek!), blogging, etc. and a good stiff drink now and again.

            Chester with his "girlfriend" in his bed.

What keeps you sane in this crazy world?

Sluggy, who is counting the days until Graduation



14 comments:

  1. I'm not quite sure I am sane at this point. My position is being eliminated at work but I can feel free to stay on with a pay cut and a demotion...or I could take an assistant sales manager position at another location. Literally makes no sense. I liked the job I had, right in between with just enough responsibility and a nice pay check without being stressed out or facing a 40 minute commute. I think I need to find a new job altogether cause right now just thinking about stepping foot in the place makes me sick. My oldest has turned into an unmotivated slug while my youngest is overwhelmed with a jam packed schedule. The weather here sucks, I lost a receipt with over $5 of Ibotta rebates, and i have to face the outlaws sans hubby(!) at a stupid "half birthday" party on Friday. I just want to hide under the covers for the next 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great word! My MIL didn't make up words, but she used to use wrong words often. Like a purebred dog was a thoroughbred dog, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chester looks like he knows he is "busted".

    ReplyDelete
  4. When does the daughter move? Or at least what is her appx departure date.
    Sanity is so overrated. As long as my insanity does not run toward criminal activities I think I am OK. I don't have issues with depression and am a fairly upbeat person but this damn rainy weather and gloomy daytimes has been trying. Extremely trying! We have experienced sun for 2 days in a row now and it does make life better, but as I look out the window while typing this, I see those damned gray clouds again. Head south! I have all the makings of any stiff drink you might enjoy and I won't even make you eat Keto junk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I good stiff drinkvery occasionally helps with keeping my sanity. walking, sewing and binge watching TV helps too. Its a good work, we have a little notebook where we write down words our family has made up over the years, gives us a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To stay sane, I treasure the times I have alone in the house. If I know the house is going to be empty, it takes an act of God to get me to leave. I love my family, but I find that a household of teens and DH to boot, can leave me emotionally and mentally exhausted. I also have no compunction about telling the members of my family that as far as they are concerned I don't exist until dinnertime. I hear you about wanting kids to leave. I love eldest DS, who graduates from HS this year. He is in a dual enrollment program at a Community College, and getting all A's (which he didn't do in his H.S. level classes) and will continue there next year, which means he will live at home. Honestly, I wish he was heading off to college and living in a dorm, even though I know he would fail miserably. I am really tired of him, for all I love him. I am quickly losing my patience with my 16 year-old daughter too. My favorite phrase of late has been "The door swings both ways, you know." I know it sounds awful to hear me say these things about my family, but I think being honest about the situation also helps me keep my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to take "crazy pills" the rest of my life. Glad you could get off them. You are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I must be on the crazy train too because I'm only 30 minutes into watching last nights The Voice and I've cried 3 times already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate. I eat lots of chocolate. My mom is coming over, eat chocolate. My in -laws are coming over, eat chocolate. Kids drive me nuts, eat chocolate. See why I can never lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is how all new words creep into the vocabulary!
    About the pills, depending what they are, they can cause shakes in withdrawal for up to 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel your pain on grocery stores. Went to Weis got Rinadi sauce sign said 99cents rang up 1.25 after I got home saw mistake. If I could only have to correct things once would be a miracle. Also have spent 2 weeks trying to log into ibota account got it corrected.Now cannot go to ibota page I want to do it on computer not phone. Just told them to cancel whole thing. AS far as crazy pills I have tried getting off one and get headaches. Really want to get of the meds I hate meds. Have a super day if you can. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you so much, wish I was there so we could just laugh at nothing, since we are so simple we need very little to entertain us. I also just love your daughter, she reminds me so much of my eldest. Hang in there, by the way I am still on my crazy pills and they are working fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Dickie's here in Folsom closed too - hope they didn't all close!!! I don't even have a graduation to look forward to....just the hope that SOMEDAY they will both move out :(
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spring is coming! That's what I keep telling myself to stay sane. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.