The "Cajun Bud Lights" Edition--
The "Cajun Bud Lights" Edition--
The "You Know You're in the South" Edition--
I feel blogging is pointless at the moment so don't expect to come here and read any scintillating content, if anyone other than a very few still read this crap.
I will keep this blog open so certain people can get to other blogs through my blog roll(yes, I'm looking at you Sissie!).
Sluggy who doesn't think it will ever stop raining(I'd rather have snow)
The "LOL "Edition--
Let's see what got done and what didn't in April at Chez Sluggy........
* Pay Bills DONE Everything was paid on time or early.
* Go to 1 Dr. Appointment DONE Well "WE" were there but the doctor was not due to catching Covid. lol
* Do and File Taxes x 1 DONE Hubs did them and we sent them off with what we owed the state of Louisiana.
* Clean and Organize Stuff in House PASS This is still a work in progress. We still have tubs in the garage to move and sort through. I have given up hope of ever seeing my kitchen cookware lids, my pasta roller, my food processor, the cord and pedal to my serger and the base to my iron again. sigh. I have almost got my sewing room and supplies finished being set up(aside from the serger and iron stuff that's MIA). The wall of closets in the master bath is done.
Basically this is our linen closet.
There is no place in the guest bath for towels. washcloths, etc. except under the vanity/sink so it's all got to go in here unless we have company and need something else in that bathroom that needs using. Man, do I miss my huge upstairs hallway linen closet in PA!
We do have these 6 shelves surrounding the ginormous bathtub. So far I've but hair products and body wash on these(and my stock of Q-Tips on one of what are empty in these photos after I took these pictures).
I've got a basket of dental stuff in the photo above which won't fit on one of those shelves so I need to find a home for that too.
We also have a long vanity cabinet with 6 drawers and open areas on each end of it. Hubs and I each have personal stuff in the open area under our respective sinks and we have divvied up the drawers with stuff in use as well as medicines(allergy, cold, etc.) The bottom drawer is still kind of empty so again, organizing all this is a work in progress.
* Buy Stuff for House PASS This item will remain on my list for some time to come as we need to replace so much to make this place livable to our specifications. Moving is hard and expensive as I've said so many times before.
* Clean out Inserts/Coupon Envie DONE As I have printed so few coupons out this job has become pretty much a non-job. lol
* Edit More Photos PASS It seems I am always editing photos. lol As the trip is coming up I also need to finish taking old photos off my phone and upload them to my computer that no longer need to be there(I'm looking at you Dec. Cruise and Xmas!).
* Post about Old Trips PASS I worked on a trip post but didn't get it to the point of publishing. sigh
* Work on Genealogy DONE One of my favorite hobbies so I work on this whenever I get the time to.
* Prioritize Repairs/Improvements PASS We've got a list together but as other things pop-up items are getting either bumped up or down(or added)to the list.
* Organize Clothes PASS Still a Work In Progress. We have gone from "Winter" to "Spring" here. My Winter clothing never got taken out of the packing cubes where I keep out of season clothing because it's not PA(snow and temps of Zero F anymore). I need to keep the Winter clothing though for traveling to other climes but unless we are going somewhere cold they will stay in the cube.(Same with coats-they stay in the back of the closet.) As I lose more weight I am having to shed some too big clothing and did order some smaller size items. I still have some shelves I need to organize still in the closet.
* Find a New Bank DONE We set up an account at a credit union and once the transfer of funds into it have cleared we'll cash/deposit that Savings Bond.
* Cash Savings Bond FAIL See above. But we are making progress on this one. 8-)
Of course this isn't a complete list as the normal "day to day" stuff isn't on here.
These are just the projects and setting up housekeeping here things.
As for outside, I am not ready to do a garden as the yard is a mess and needs so much to get it to the point of having/making a gardening space. By the time we get back from the trip it will officially be "Hell's Front Porch" weather and I've got surgery to get so the garden is a non-issue this year.
Things are slowly getting to where they need to be but I am impatient.
Welcome to Frugal Friday!
There are very few Frugal wins this past week......
* Only minimal grocery shopping this week so a frugal win.
* We had to return 2 of the 3 bathroom vanity lights we had bought(long story)and I purchased 2 other lights at Home Despot. I bought them online and went through Ibotta and once approved I'll get a whole .60¢ in rebate monies. ;-)
* Went back to our new credit union to finally deposit that Savings Bond and get our debit cards(their machine that makes them wasn't working when we went in to set up the account before).
* We went to a new trivia night at an Italian place. We didn't win a prize but I brought this home..........
* I found money!
Total Found in last Week.... .37¢
Total Found this Year.......$2.04
That's all for this past week.
Now that we are living on an annuity, 401K$ withdrawals and social security payments, I am still going to keep track of our monthly spending and income, and hopefully we'll still be able to live BELOW our means and I'll have some leftover monies each month to tuck aside.I am trying to be as transparent as I can with how much is coming in and how much is going out. 8-)
The "What In The Pan Fried Hell?" Edition.....