Monday, May 8, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "LOL "Edition--


 
I just thought this meme from FB was funny.

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Catfish, Cole Slaw
2. Monday--Hubs Pizza in Freezer, Salad/Me Salad
3. Tuesday--Steak, Yellow Squash or ?
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--New Trivia spot night so not sure what we'll eat
6.  Friday--Zaxby Salad
7. Saturday--Kielbasi with Onions, Sautéed Cabbage

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Catfish, Cole Slaw
2. Monday--Hubs Pizza in Freezer, Salad/Me Salad
3. Tuesday--leftover Collards, 1 leftover piece of Pizza
4. Wednesday--Apple w/Peanut Butter
5. Thursday--1/4 of a Muffuletta Sandwich
6.  Friday--Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Salad
7. Saturday--Kielbasi with Onions, Sautéed Cabbage

The steak, yellow squash and beef pie didn't happen last week.  May or may not happen this week. ;-)


What got put into the freezer last week....
*  3 bags of frozen veggies
*  1 16 lb. beef brisket

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 bag of Catfish
*  1 frozen cheese Pizza
*  Ground Beef Pie
*  1 rope of Kielbasi

Last week we spent $64.76 on grocery shopping
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $64.76 for May.  About half of that spending was for a beef brisket that was a little more than half off the regular price.  The rest was some frozen veggies and fresh produce.

There are 23 shopping days left in May.

I've earned $0 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in May.
I've earned $0 on Shopmium in May.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in May.
I've earned 110 points from food shopping on Fetch in May.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May..

That's $0 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $64.76 of grocery spending so in reality it's $64.76 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 43.34% and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 43.34% so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...rigatoni, meat sauce, cabbage, cole slaw, and kielbasi.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken Parm, Yellow Squash
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Riced Cauliflower, other Veggies and Beef Stir-fry
4. Wednesday--Trivia night at different place so no clue
5. Thursday--Applebee's Salad(late lunch)
6.  Friday--Tempura Shrimp and Zuke, Spinach Soufflé, maybe Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Chicken in Peanut Sauce, Noodles and Veggies

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Zuke, some veggies for the Chicken stir fry.  I am in "use it up" in the fridge mode this coming week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

4 comments:

  1. LOL! One time we were following my parents in Orlando and I said I thought that the people in the car ahead were not my parents. Hubby said no, it is their white Buick Century. Then we looked around and realized that half of the cars on the road with old people were in a white Buick Century.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a long time reader, and finally have the nerve to post. You have a wonderful writing style and I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a large pot pie and I’ll pull some chili out of the freezer. Dave eats chili on a baked potato so that will last a long time. Pumpkin bread is my new favorite and I’ve been making that once a week.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fixed turnip greens, ate radish sandwiches bc I am strange like that, and ate pimento cheese sandwiches, also egg and tomato sandwiches for breakfast. So I guess sandwiches and greens have been my meals.
    It is too hot to really cook! Glad you are back! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.