Monday, May 15, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "You Know You're in the South" Edition--


You know you are in a restaurant in the South when hot sauce and peppers in vinegar sauce are on your table when you sit down.  My daughter worked at a Cracker Barrel in PA for a bit and there, you had to ask for these items.  I have yet to go in a Cracker Barrel down here so I wonder if it's being up North or if it's just a CB policy.




Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Chicken Parm, Yellow Squash
2. Monday--Beef Pie
3. Tuesday--Riced Cauliflower, other Veggies and Beef Stir-fry
4. Wednesday--Trivia night at different place so no clue
5. Thursday--Applebee's Salad(late lunch)
6.  Friday--Tempura Shrimp and Zuke, Spinach Soufflé, maybe Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Chicken in Peanut Sauce, Noodles and Veggies

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Chicken Parm, Yellow Squash
2. Monday--Trivia, I had green beans and unsweet tea
3. Tuesday--Hubs made Beef Pie(I didn't eat)
4. Wednesday--Trivia night at different place
5. Thursday--Nothing for me
6.  Friday--Nothing for me but a yogurt in the a.m.
7. Saturday--a late Lunch at Applebee's(I had a salad)

Lots didn't happen as I've been having a gastrointestinal issue all week.  Hubs had to fend for himself.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  Not a damned thing

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 lb. Ground Beef
*  1 container of Chicken Parm

Last week we spent $85.97 on grocery shopping
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $150.73 for May.  

There are 16 shopping days left in May.

I've earned $59.06 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $13.50 on Coupons dotcom in May.
I've earned $2.00 on Shopmium in May.
I've earned $0 on Kroger Cash Back in May.
I've earned 1,205 points from food shopping on Fetch in May.
I've earned 925 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May..

That's $74.56 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $150.73 of grocery spending so in reality it's $76.17 in food spending after the 5 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 50.11% and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 47.41% so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...beef pie.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Ribs, Collards, Tater Salad, Watermelon, Cornbread at Daughter's house
2. Monday--I'm not Eating
3. Tuesday--Tempura Zuke and Shrimp(maybe)
4. Wednesday--Trivia night at different place so no clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--Nobody Knows, Do One?

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Not a damned thing again.  I am in "use it up" in the fridge mode this coming week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

8 comments:

  1. Jre I don’t care for hot sauce but my sons and son in laws love it. My coworker and I just completed a road trip to New Orleans and back from Mn for a nursing conference (she won’t fly) and I stopped at several places picking up several varieties of hot sauce for stocking stuffers next Christmas.we like out of the way shacks for variety. We found an interesting local place for Boudin shop and country store. seafood , quite the spot but which was very tasty. (And had several more hot sauce types). About 6 hours later my friend was horribly sick losing from both… still can’t figure it out as I was not hardly sick, but a little dizzy with hot/cold flashes. We had shared a platter but she alone at one type of another sausage. And again not at all sure if it was from there. They had huge shrimp for 5.95 lb. Frozen but that would not have worked to get it home. We did pass through Shreveport, tried to get to Paris Tx but the vom…. Started right outside of Texarkana so luckily found a hotel there, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate bbq with my youngest at a local restaurant about an hour south of Montgomery. We were celebrating his finals being over for the semester. I have asparagus, bagels, strawberries, bananas, blackberries, spinach from Aldi, Turkey slices and radishes from Publix, eggs from Target so that is what is on the menu. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope the gastro issues are getting better.
    Is your cruise next week? Safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s two servings of leftover chili and I made a giant pasta concoction last night. The sauce consists of Beyond bratwurst, white wine, an onion, tomatoes, artichokes and various seasonings. I’d send some over if you were in the neighborhood. My mother in law lives nearby so is the recipient when I cook for a nonexistent crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the gastro issues. It must be a thing because several friends are experiencing the same thing. Meal planning is not a thing here. It's hard to meal plan but when I move, it will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get over the gastro issues soon. That is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My store had those crawdad chips and I thought of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at this hot sauce scene :) Half the condiments in my fridge have some kind of jalapeño or spicy element added in. We love everything spicy and everything dipped in Ranch here in S.E.Texas.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.