Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Rite-Aid & Walmart Plus Reader Questions....Mostly Last Week

I ended up doing a few hauls at Rite-Aid last week after doing the gift card glitch too.  There were 2 $15 BC wys $50 coupons...each one had a different code on it so you could do each of the two once per card.

This transaction was mostly about getting some paper products and converting BC to cash rebates on Ibotta....

1 x Cottonelle tp on sale=$8.99
1 x Scott paper towels on sale=$8.99
2 x Lady Speed Stick deo on sale=$5.98
4 x Snuggle dryer sheets B2G2Free=$10.98
1 x Nivea shave gel 20% Wellness discount=$3.99
2 x Nivea moisturizing After Shave on sale=$11.98
SubTotal.........$50.91*

Coupons Used
1 x $15 BC wys $50
1 x $1/1 Cottonelle L2CQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Speed Stick In-AdQ=$4.00
1 x $1/2 Speed Stick ManuQ=$1.00
Coupon Total......$6.00

$50.91-$6.00=$44.91+$2.22 tax=$47.13 paid with Bonus Cash and gift card.

Bonus Cash earned back was $29($15 wys $50, $5 wyb2 Cotonelle/Scott, 3 x $3 wyb2 Nivea).  2 of the $3 on Nivea was expected as there was a double dip but a third one came off for buying "Nivea, Bull Dog, Edge or Schick" too.  Doesn't matter now as those monthly deals are finished.

I got the Snuggle and Nivea to complete Ibotta rebates. Ibotta gave me back $6 for the Snuggles(4 x $1.50), $1.20 for the Nivea shave gel and 2 rebates each for the after shaves-those qualified for a Nivea Moisturizing rebate($2 x 2)and a Nivea after shave rebate(2 x $2.50), giving me back $16.20 total.  That gave me 4 of the 10 rebates I needed to finish an Ibotta Bonus too.

* The shave gel should  have rang up 20% off w/my Wellness discount but it didn't so I ended up cashing out $1.06 of my BC because I got a refund the next time I went in, so cash to put into my refund/overcharge/post coupon envelope........


Then on Saturday Hubs needed to go to Walmart so I tagged along to finish my weekend Bonus.......


2 x Good Thins crackers=$4.32
1 x Wheat Thins family size=$3.67
2 x Oreo Thins covered cookies=$5.12
2 x Mead folders on clearance=.50¢
3 x Arm and Hammer Scent boosters=$11.91
SubTotal......$25.56

I used 1 x $1/3 Nabisco items ManuQ so $24.56+.75¢ tax=$25.31
Then I paid with a free $25 Fetch gift card.....


This made my OOP .31¢.
Nice. 8-))

I earned back with 6 rebates(Mead, 2 x Good Thins, Oreos, 2 x Wheat Thins)totaling $8.31 and the $1 Weekend Bonus. Total earned last weekend on Ibotta $25.51, total cash OOP between Walmart and Rite-Aid was .31¢.
I also earned $2 back on Checkout51 for the Good Thins and the Oreos.
I submitted to SwagBucks for the Scent Boosters as they were giving back $12 in points so a freebie and .06¢ moneymaker.  They didn't pick up the third container from the receipt submission but after a review later that day I got the full amount of points.  I was planning on doing the frozen pizza(CA Pizza Kitchen)deal but they changed that rebate from full price paid to $3 on 2.  Wasn't interested in the Ferrero-Rocher chocolates as we aren't big hazelnut fans here.

Debbie had asked in the comments what sort of gift cards I get from ShopKicks.  Since I use any gift cards earned from rebating to put back into the rebating game and the only store gift cards I can use are Walmart(Weis and Rite-Aid cards aren't an option on any of them, ShopKick, Fetch or SwagBucks)so I get Walmart.  I could get CVS gift cards but I don't go there much and I'm trying to wean off of that store right now.

ND Chic asked how I put together my Ibotta deals too.  First I'll go through the offers for Walmart, Weis, Rite-Aid and any other store I think I might go to that week that participates in Ibotta.  Then I'll go on YouTube and see what other couponers are doing at the stores and what offers are double dipping too and if there are any internet printable or ManuQs I can combine with offers.  I write up a list and it's usually got way more offers than I end up doing as I have to allow for A-items being out of stock that I want to do and B-items not carried in that particular Walmart, etc.
It helps to follow/subscribe to a vlogger or two that coupon.  Choice ones that frequent the stores you do too.
Right now I am only 10 offers done out of 36 needed to get that $10 Cold Hard Cash Bonus and it ends on Jan. 31st.  It's highly possible I won't finish that Bonus at this point between the bad weather here and lack of deals I want to do this week but that's ok.  You don't have to do them all just to do them.

And if anyone wants to use my referral codes to join one of the rebate apps, here they are--
IBOTTA-mkaaxa
SHOPKICK-FUN260238
FETCH-GC73D
SWAGBUCKS-email me for an invite

Later on Saturday I went back to R-A and did this to stock up on some supplements.....


2 x Nivea breathable lotion on sale=$11.98
2 x Nature's Truth Turmeric gummies b1g1=$17.99
2 x Nature's Truth Elderberry b1g1=$14.99
2 x Nature's Truth D3 b1g1=$12.99
SubTotal......$57.95

Coupons Used
1 x $15 BC wys $50 Q
2 x $3/1 Nivea Breathable IPQ=$6.00
1 x $3/1 Nature's Truth Gummies HangtagQ=$3.00
2 x $2/1 NTruth IPQ=$4.00
I had a $2/1 NTruth L2CQ I didn't realize came off as well.
Coupon Total..$15.00

$57.95-$15.00=$42.95+.36¢ tax=$43.31 paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $38 in new BC($15 wys $50, $3 wyb2 Nivea lotion, $20 wys $40 NTruth).

Then I did the P and G Deal on a third card.  Parameters were spend $50 to get the $15, but also spend $30 on P and G qualifying items(to get another $10BC)and spend $15 on Cover Girl items(to get another $5BC)within that same $50.....


1 x Gain detergent on sale=$4.94
1 x Tide pods on sale=$4.94
1 x Tide detergent on sale=$4.94
2 x Secret aluminum free on sale=$10.98
1 x Crest toothpaste on sale=$4.00
1 x Glide dental floss on sale=$4.00
3 x Cover Girl mascara 20% Wellness discount=$16.77
SubTotal......$50.57

Coupons Used
1 x $2/1 Gain IPQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Tide pods L2CQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Tide L2CQ=$2.00
1 x $5.99/2 Secret aluminum free L2CQ=$5.99
1 x $2/1 Crest toothpaste L2CQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Glide floss L2CQ=$1.00
2 x $2/1 Cover Girl eye ManuQ=$4.00
1 x $2/1 Cover Girl eye L2CQ=$2.00
Coupon Total of $20.99

$50.57-$20.99=$29.58 paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $30.00 in new BC($15 wys $50, $10 wys $30 P and G, $5 wys $15 Cover Girl).

Except two things went awry.  The first one I noticed as soon as the transaction was done.  Someone had put the wrong Tide pods(20 ct.)where the 16 ct. and on sale ones were suppose to be so I bought the wrong ones that didn't count toward the $30 spend/get $10 BC offer. sigh.
So I returned those and rebought the correct ones, thus the $2/1 L2CQ came off on the rebuy.  I ended up with $3.49 in cash.  I also returned a lip balm so that was another $2.79 back in cash as well on that trip.......

Then when I got home I noticed I didn't get my 20% Wellness discount on the regular priced Cover Girl
items so when I went up to R-A on Monday I got that $4.51 back in cash as well....


The transaction I did on Monday was this one......



1 x Irish Spring bar soap pack on sale=$3.99
1 x Irish Spring body wash on sale=$3.99
2 x R-A rulers 25% off sale=$1.48
SubTotal.......$9.46

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 In-Ad Irish Spring RAQ=$4.00
1 x .75¢/1 Irish Spring body wash ManuQ=.75¢
Coupon Total....$4.75

$9.46-$4.75=$4.71+.29¢ tax=$5.00 paid for with Bonus Cash.
I earned back $6 in new BC(2 x $1 Irish Spring, 2 x $2 R-A office supplies)so a $1 moneymaker this one.

Not a great Rite-Aid week but there are a few wins this week especially if you have the Irish Spring coupon and/or the Unilever inserts from Sunday(of which we don't get here).


Sluggy






4 comments:

  1. Okay, so who are these vloggers you follow and watch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jbw ou do for fun as much as the goods and savings, but have you ever done a calculation of your average savings/return per hour of time to put the deals together and shop? I'd be curious. I"m one of those ROI geeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irish Spring !
    I was not aware it was still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be getting a few things from Riteaid this week. I clipped a few coupons. Things I need. I need the candy you know....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.