Monday, January 11, 2021

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Still Shaking My Head" Edition....

Sometime in November I saw these industrial sized rolls of toilet paper being sold in Weis(PMITA)Markets.  They look to be the size you find in public restroom stalls in those oversized roll holder machines.  They labeled their signage, "Never Ending Bathroom Tissue". lolz  I actually had Hubs go back the next day and buy two(incidentally, by the end of the week they were all gone), one to tuck away for us and one to put in a gift bag to give Ex-College Boy as a joke for a Xmas gift.  When he was younger he could certainly "go" through a tp roll per trip to the bathroom and also "blow" through an entire box of facial tissue for his nose. 
We ALL thought it was a funny gift, except Ex-CB..... ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....

This is what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--Petite Steaks, Baked Potato, Sugar Snap Peas
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Chicken Marsala, Mashed Taters, Brussels Sprouts
5. Thursday--Beef Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/Ramen
6.  Friday--Take-out Pizza, Caesar Salad
7. Saturday--Sloppy Joes, Carrots(or Tacos/Taco Salad)


And this is what really happened.......
1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--Petite Steaks, Baked Potato, Sugar Snap Peas
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Chicken Marsala, Mashed Taters, CA Mix veggies
5. Thursday--Beef Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/Ramen
6.  Friday--Take-out Stromboli, Caesar Salad
7. Saturday--Cheeseburger on roll, any leftover veggies

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 1 night of leftovers/planned overs, FFY, and 2 nighs of Take-Out.   

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 packs of hot dogs(Ex C-B took 2 more home)
*  3 lbs. of cooked Ground Beef
*  2 Lean Cuisine meals(I ate the 3rd one already for a lunch)

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  bag of stir-fry veggies
*  a pack of thin sliced chicken breast
*  2 small steaks
*  bag of sugar snap peas
*  box of CA Medley veggies

This month is going to be all about taking more OUT of the freezer than putting IN the freezer.  I'll also be going through canned/boxed goods to see what we should be using now versus later.

We spent $72.00 on food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods last week.  $39.11 and $13.46 on 2 different trips to Weis, $14.87 at P and R discounters and $4.56 at Dollar General. This bring our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $85.99 for January.

There are 20 shopping days left in January.

I've earned $64.52. on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $00 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in January.
I've earned 75 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I've earned 0 point from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 0 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in January.

My savings percentage for last week was 58.39%(without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)for January and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 66.37%.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week--2 portions of Chicken Marsala, a container of Mashed Taters, 2 heaping portions of Beef Noodle Stir-Fry, 1/8 of the pan of mac and cheese.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Beef and Mushroom Stroganoff over leftover Mashed Taters, Sauted Green Beans
2. Monday--Salmon, Brussels Sprouts, leftover Mac and Cheese
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Broccoli Cheddar Soup
5. Thursday--Beef Pie(Hubs cooking)
6.  Friday--More Leftovers
7. Saturday--Subway or Leftovers(depending on how much of the Leftovers Hubs eats for lunches)

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing at all.  That doesn't mean I won't be going to the grocery store but I hope not to. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a funny gift :) My dh can go thru a roll a day, too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I successfully went off plan, but then I usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well on your plan form plan to implementation. I think the TP is a great gift! funny and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my dad a 24 pack of Angel Soft toilet paper for Christmas. He thought it was the funniest gift ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know being raised by you, you would think he had a better sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Potato broccoli soup and veggie burritos should cover the bulk of the week. I thought I was out of self-rising flour but found a bag in the basement storage so maybe biscuits and gravy if I’m feeling ambitious.

    I’ve only been to Aldi so no deals other than cheap produce. 10 of their $.49 avocados are ripening on the counter.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.