Monday, May 23, 2022

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Lots of Rite-Aid transactions" Edition....


Along with the 2 online R-A orders I did last week, which I already talked about on the blog, I also did 2 transactions in the stores.  I spent down one cards BC a bit(actually just converted the BC to real cash with Ibotta rebates).  I got a few gifts for my sons, Pepcid and Vitamins for me, Band-Aids for Hubs, and the rest for future Giveaway boxes.  I need to go back as the cashier forgot to remove a hangtag coupon for $2 on the Vitamins and I forgot to use a couple of Band-Aid coupons which should put $3.50 cash back into my pocket. ;-)

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned.....
1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Working Election Polls so ?
4. Wednesday--Chicken Fajitas
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--Homemade Flatbread Pizzas, Salad
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Chinese take-out
2. Monday--don't remember
3. Tuesday--Subway sub at polls
4. Wednesday--don't remember
5. Thursday--Applebee's(I had chicken and salad)
6.  Friday--Cheeseburgers on Rolls, Cuke Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

The "don't remembers" were probably Fend for Yourself nights.  I had cheese and crackers one night and some canned ravioli another night.  I just didn't cook except for Friday last week.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 pints of ice cream

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* Ground Beef
* 1 pint of ice cream

I spent $86.73 on food/toiletries/HBA this last week. This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $86.73 for May.  

There are 8 shopping days left in May.  

I've earned $73.57 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $5.62 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal in May.
I've earned 6,792 points from shopping on Fetch in May.
I earned $20.92 from food shopping on Shop Kick in May. 
I've earned $6.08 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May.

That's $81.1/9 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $86.73 in grocery spending so in reality it's $5.54 spent after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 46.64% (without "regular" Rite-Aid trips)and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 46.64% so far(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....nothing.  That's what happens when you hardly cook. lol

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken Fajitas
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner
3. Tuesday--Rigatoni w/Mushrooms in Sauce, Salad
4. Wednesday--Orange "Chicken" Stir-Fry w/Veggies and Noodles
5. Thursday--Hubs cooking
6.  Friday--Homemade Flatbread Pizzas, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Stir-fry veggies.  I got the mushrooms finally on Saturday for last night's dinner.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?   


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. No deals on anything in my shopping these days. I'm eating down food that came from my daughter's college apartment. I bought froze veg to supplement as there's not a lot local in stores yet and what's there is expensive and bruised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday, marinated turkey wings for Tommy and baked bscb for me. Peas for him and asparagus for me. Kohlrabi for both, potatoes for him. This week, I plan to get vegetables from farmer's market and from grocery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canned ravioli? You are one lucky woman, Joel would have never eaten that unless starving. I get Dan if anything happens to you. TO hell with Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been making a new pasta sauce. 1 pound chopped carrots sautéed, a crumbled block of tofu and jar of marinara sauce. Sounds odd but it’s actually good. Dare Sluggy to try it if she’s ever in southern Indiana! 😀

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is easy to comment on now, Sluggy. Thank you so much! Your menu sounds good. Orange chicken is so tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.