Thursday, October 1, 2020

Food Spending 2020.....The September Report

  Onward to September's food spending report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for SEPTEMBER 2020.

I have posted September's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in September.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(2 at home this month). 
*****************

CVS
OOP  $5.48
Qs/Ads/ECBucks $125.40
Value  $130.88
Savings 95.81 %

MALACARI'S
OOP  $18.55
Value  $28.87
Savings  35.75%

PandR OUTLET
OOP  $24.76
Value  $53.00
Savings  53.28%

PRICE CHOPPER
OOP  $42.06
Value  $60.39
Savings  30.35% 

RITE-AID *
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/GCard  $355.53
Value  $355.53
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE MARKET
OOP   ($0.00) used free gift card
Value  $4.99
Savings  100%

WALMART
OOP  $95.95
Value  $203.78
Savings 52.92%

WEIS
OOP  $166.93
Qs/Ads  $169.91
Value  $336.84
Savings  50.44%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, Shursave at 100% and CVS at 95.81% .   My worst savings rate was at Price Chopper with 30.35%.  Lots of great savings rates this month!

I shopped at 8 different stores in September.
I also earned $227.30 in cash rebates in September(Ibotta/SavingStar/Checkout51)which helps offset the spending once I cash those in at the end of 2020.


TOTAL Spent(without R-A)...................$353.73
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$465.02
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$818.75
TOTAL Savings of ................................56.80%

Add in the Rite-Aid purchases and we get.........

TOTAL Spent........................................$353.73
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales................$820.55
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased........$1174.28
TOTAL Savings of ................................69.88%

This closes out the September food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....I wanted to do a 50% lower with the grocery spending but worries about Fall shut downs and shortages had me buying a lot of long term storage foods and refilling the freezer. So no way did I do a $200 spend in September.  Even so I still stayed under my budgeted $400 for the month so it's all good.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 2.01% in September 2020 to 69.88% compared to the tremendous August 2020 rate of 71.89% savings average.  

With 9 months accounted for, I have spent a Year-To-Date Total of $3505.76 on food/toiletries in 2020.
Going into 2020, before the pandemic blew the wind out of my sails, I wanted to stay at or under $4K for the yearly food spending.  At this point I don't think that will happen but we'll keep plugging along anyway.
Once I add in all my rebates/refunds/post coupon/found money pots into the grocery spending category I do still have a fighting change to stay under $4K spent.  The next 3 months will determine if this goal becomes a reality.


2020 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$3,505.76
2020 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$10,585.06
2020 Grand Total Saved...............................$7,079.30
2020 Yearly Savings Total............66.88%

The average per month amount spent is $389.53 at this point in 2020 which went down some from August's average.  As long as I'm around $400 per month with 3(now 2)people in the house, it's all good.  While it's just Hubs and I now I will also be supplementing Ex-College Boy's food needs for awhile.

LOOKING AHEAD To October 2020.............
Not sure what October will bring in terms of food spending.  We're going to have a visitor in October and we are going on a short trip so those are the variables.  At home, I want to start eating from our stockpiled meats/veg in the freezer and use a few "old dogs" up in the process.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in September?  Are you happy with that amount and did you get good value for your money?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Our spending was about $140 higher than yours for September. You did a great job of saving this month. I know the Covid thing has us spending more than we want, but its good to be stocked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been making a two week meal plan and shopping for that plus stocking up on cat food for the diabetic, extra pasta sauce, sale items, etc. We always have excess funds in the shared checking account and I’ve been using that for stocking up.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.