Saturday, October 17, 2020

Two Frugal Fridays-Oct. 9th & Oct. 16th....the October 17th Edition

 So emergency surgery has come and gone but in it's wake my blogging has taken a back seat.  Here are two weeks worth of Frugal Friday posts, not that there is a lot to report in on. ;-)

* First off, I forgot this the week before......


Freebie samples of toothpaste and mouthwash from my dental cleaning. yay.


* I found money!


Saturday October 3rd I found this dime at Rite-Aid.


The next day I went to get an Rx at Rite-Aid and found this penny in the pharmacy area.

The AS time(after surgery time)week, I got skunked and found no money from the 4th until now. 8-(  

Of course I didn't leave the house for most of that time either.

Found change this post..... .11¢
Found change this year so far...$49.25

*  I also found this in the parking lot at Weis(PMITA)Markets on the 2nd.  It was there when I went inside and I told myself if nobody takes it or runs it over by the time I go back to my car, I'm picking it up(using a wipe of course).


It's a very nice quality ballpoint retractable pen with he Subaru logo on it.  It looked brand new.

* Not much grocery shopping my first week home.  Hubs ran out to Weis for instant mashed potatoes and bananas and got this at the register.....

$2 off your next shopping order from Nature Valley.  Umm, I haven't bought anything Nature Valley at Weis in months if not a year but ok! lolz
It has since been used on more bananas. ;-)

* I brought home some deals from Rite-Aid.....


The Nivea stuff was 2 sales cycles ago that I hadn't gotten around to mentioning.  Got $4 BC wyspent $15 plus I used ManuQs and got $4 back on Ibotta for the shave gels.


I got the free Crest/Oral-B stuff(chose a toothbrush and dental floss)using Qs and getting BC back on Sunday Oct. 4th.  I only did it on one card because Hello! Hospital so I didn't go back to R-A that week to max the deal out.


On Thursday I drove myself to Rite-Aid(first trip since surgery)and did the GenTeal drops on son's card(used $3.24 on a gift card and rolled all his Bonus Cash)and got $18 back in new BC.
On my card I did the Carefree Deal, spent $4.34 in BC after 20% Wellness Discount and $3/2 ManuQ and got $4 in Ibotta rebates.
On daughter's card I got the 2 x tampons, paid $4.58 in BC after 20% Wellness Discount and $5.00 in Qs($3/1 L2CQ, $2/1 ManuQ)and earned $8 in Ibotta rebates.
I also earned a $1 Ibotta Bonus called "Edgewell" because both the Playtex and the Carefree qualified for that.
So I rolled and convert BC.

I also got this at Weis(PMITA)Markets while I was out that day.......


Weis currently has a "spend $15/Get $5 off instantly" on some Dove items.
These cost $7.69 each so $15.38, I got $5 off so $10.38.  I used 2 x $2/1 Dove men's body wash IPQs so I paid $6.38 OOP.  Then I got $4 back on Ibotta(2 x $2 Dove men's body wash)so these ended up costing me $1.19 each.  Not bad.

* I missed out on a $10 and a $5 Ibotta Bonus while I was incapacitated so when another $5 Weekend Warrior Bonus popped up on Thursday I had Hubs take me to Walmart on Friday......


The Oikos drink and the Core bar were free after rebates.
The Schar cookies were a .36¢ moneymaker.
The Danimals probiotic drinks would have been free had I activated the SavingStar rebate before it disappeared(boo)but I need them and they were only .88¢ after Q and Ibotta.
I had a $4/1 Bella dog food Q so after that and $1.50 rebate that was only .245¢ for each container.
Renuzits were $1.91 total, the Keebler crackers were $1.18, the Ultra Powerade was .70¢ and the 2 reg. Powerades were .52¢ each.
I happened to see those seasonal Starbucks coffee bags(Pecan and Maple flavor)on a clearance shelf for $3.15.  I found an Ibotta rebate for $1.25 a bag on my app so at $1.90 per bag they were coming home with me! (They will probably find their way into Xmas stockings.)
Ex-College Boy came over for dinner last night so 3 of the drinks and the packs of cookies are gone already.

I used my last $5 Walmart gift card on this so it came to $22.38 OOP and I earned $23.92 on Ibotta between the regular rebates, $5 WW Bonus and a .50¢ Powerade Bonus.
I wanted to get the free Star Wars cereal and the free Fake Beef patties but my store had neither.  Even so I did ok.


Keep on Keepin' on being Frugal my Friends.
Tell us about your wins lately.


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you are at least heading back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing well and posting, Sluggy. Looks like you got a lot of goodies this week, can't beat that!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some money too it always makes me smile.
    I am glad to see you back in the saddle again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.