Sunday, January 12, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "We Have Heat Again & We Survived the COLDpocalyse!" Edition.....

 
The new compressor arrived courtesy of Our Installer Guy last Monday, just in time for the Polar Vortex CoLdpocalypse Event of last week.
First we got hot weather(well, HOT for January)and all the snow melted, then the winds picked up and the temps dropped to 0 degrees or more(or would that be less?), not accounting for the wind chill and then we got 50 degrees on Saturday.
Can we just go back to our regularly scheduled average of 20 degrees cold and 5 feet of snow for the year total Winter now?!?
 
 
On to the Meal Planning.
Here is what was planned last week--

 Sunday--Lamb Chops(have), leftover Roasted Cauliflower, leftover Corn Casserole
Monday--Leftover Pulled Pork Sammies, Coleslaw
Tuesday--Leftover Beef Stew, Biscuits
Wednesday--Mushroom(have) Parmesan, Green Salad, Pasta(have)
Thursday--Clam(have) Chowder, Cod(have), Sugar Snap Peas(have)
Friday--Pork Enchiladas(using leftover pulled pork), Green Beans(have)
Saturday--Pork Chops(have), Red Apple Kraut, Stuffing(have)

 And here is what actually happened--
 
Sunday--Lamb Chops(have), leftover Roasted Cauliflower, leftover Corn Casserole
Monday--Leftover Pulled Pork Sammies, Coleslaw
Tuesday--Leftover Beef Stew, Biscuits
Wednesday--Pork Enchiladas(using leftover pulled pork), Green Beans(have)
Thursday--Hamburger, Salad
Friday--Fend For Yourself Night
Saturday--Mushroom(have) Parmesan, Green Salad, Pasta(have)

Moved some meals around during the week, Hubs didn't eat one night so Fish got bumped to next week and I just had a fresh burger and salad and we finished some leftovers but not all.
I also made a big pan of Bread Pudding for desserts.
  
As for the food spending last week....
There was 2 trips to the grocery store & 1 trip to Rite-Aid and I spent a grand total of $98.58(including my Rite-Aid trip of $1.02 OOP)on $203.55 worth of groceries/toiletries at 3 different stores.  I am going to strive for another $300 or less grocery month for January and I have $127.89 left in the food budget for this month(or $64 for each of the net 2 weeks).

Leftovers going into this week--Pulled Pork(1 portion), Beef Stew(3-4 helpings), 1.5 Enchiladas(1-2 helpings), 4 Mushroom Parms(2-4 helpings), 2 portions of Spaghetti w/Sauce, Bread Pudding(2-3 helpings).

Here is this week's meal plan---

Sunday--Pork Chops(have), Red Apple Kraut(have, Stuffing(have)
Monday--Meatloaf(have), Garlic Mashed Taters(have), Collard Greens(have)
Tuesday--Leftover Pork, Enchiladas, Beef Stew(diner's choice)
Wednesday--local Italian food meal out *
Thursday--Clam/Corn Chowder(have), Cod(have), Roasted Cauliflower(have)
Friday--Leftovers Night
Saturday--?  More Leftovers if we have them

* Hubs & I are going out to local Italian place.  I have a free entrée for your birthday card and a gift certificate for a free pizza we won at the Church auction, so I'll get my b-day meal and Hubs will get a pizza and the leftovers will come home with us.  Cost out of pocket.....a tip and drinks on the Eating out Budget.

What I need to purchase for this menu?.......nothing at all.  I bought everything I need for these meals last week or I have it at the house already.
I will go to 1 local grocer later this week to pick up--OJ, strawberries, Ramen noodles(at #2 Son's request) and a Turkey Breast on sale for .99¢ lb.
The turkey will be cooked/served either on Saturday(depending on whether the leftovers are gone or not)or Sunday of next week.  Leftover turkey will be used for lunch sandwiches for me the following week. 8-)


 What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I have the breast of a huge turkey I baked last Friday. It should last until Thursday along with red cabbage and carrots; a box of Stove Top stuffing with cranberry sauce and green beans; pasta salad with turkey and shredded carrots thrown in; green salad with turkey. There is a pound of thawed sausage that will be dealt with.

    Dried apricots and navel oranges will be added to my apples and bananas as fruit this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO idea. But I do have some sl/bl chicken breasts I will cook some way today, and eat that with veggies. That should keep me busy until at least Thursday, and then make omelets the rest of the time because I don't feel like grocery shopping this week... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I made a big pot full of Aloo Gobi, an Indian dish made of potatoes, onions, cauliflower and peas. YUM. And cooking right now in the crockpot are a bunch of chicken breasts, lemon slices, potatoes, onions and green beans. DOUBLE YUM. Actually the site I got the lemon chicken recipe from is called YUMMLY so I guess that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.