Monday, January 20, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "It's Sluggy's Birthday" Edition.....

 
 
Tomorrow actually.
But I give Hubs all week to celebrate me.  ;-)
 
 
On to the Meal Planning.
Here is what was planned last week--

Sunday--Pork Chops(have), Red Apple Kraut(have, Stuffing(have)
Monday--Meatloaf(have), Garlic Mashed Taters(have), Collard Greens(have)
Tuesday--Leftover Pork, Enchiladas, Beef Stew(diner's choice)
Wednesday--local Italian food meal out *
Thursday--Clam/Corn Chowder(have), Cod(have), Roasted Cauliflower(have)
Friday--Leftovers Night
Saturday--?  More Leftovers if we have them

 And here is what actually happened--
 
Sunday--Pork Chops(have), Red Apple Kraut(have, Stuffing(have)
Monday--Meatloaf(have), Garlic Mashed Taters(have), Collard Greens(have)
Tuesday--Leftover Pork, Enchiladas, Beef Stew(diner's choice)
Wednesday--Leftovers again
Thursday--local Italian food meal out-Free Birthday meal
Friday--Leftovers Night
Saturday--Cod(have), Roasted Potatoes & Onions(have), Apple Kraut(have)

Some meals moved around and the chowder got bumped to next week, when I went out into the stockpile and found I had NO cans of clams left....I thought I had 4 left. sigh.  But luckily, they are on sale here this week. 8-)
We spent a lot of nights eating up the leftovers.
  
As for the food spending last week....
There was 1 trip to the grocery store and I spent a grand total of $25.57 on $53.70 worth of groceries at 1 store.  I'll take a 50% savings rate anyday! lol 
I am trying to achieve another $300 or less grocery month for January and I have $102.32 left in the food budget for this month.  Things look promising.....

Leftovers going into this week--Collards(2 helpings), Kraut(4 helpings), Meatloaf(3 helpings).  I have a head of cauliflower and 2 sweet potatoes that need using.

Here is this week's meal plan---

Sunday--Meatloaf(leftover), Collards and/or Kraut(leftover)
Monday--Roasted Turkey(have), Stuffing(have), Roasted Sweet Potatoes(have), Cranberry glop(have)
Tuesday--Clam/Corn Chowder, Roasted Cauliflower(have), Potato crusted Fish(have)
Wednesday--Meal out-free birthday meal for me, Hubs meal comes out of Entertaining Budget
Thursday--Leftover turkey slices, assorted Leftover veggies(or frozen veggies if not enough)
Friday--Quiche(in freezer), Asparagus
Saturday--Turkey Casserole(leftover turkey), Green Beans(have in freezer)

That makes 2 new meals, 4 leftover or planned over meals and 1 meal out.

What I need to purchase for this menu?.......Asparagus, Clams.  I have the cornbread stuffing cubes and soups to make the Turkey Casserole dish and quiche in the freezer, as well as many bags of frozen veggies.

Other items on sale that I want to pick up this week?......tomato paste(almost out), cantaloupe, yogurt, white grape juice(for #2 Son), canned chili, milk, green leaf lettuce(for my sandwiches) and BOGO Kielbasa.
Since I have no room in the 2 tiny "over the fridge" freezers for extra buys this week, I think I can come in at around $40 on my food spending.  If I can keep it this low, I might be able to squeak out a $250 spending on food for the month of January!
Now THAT would be amazing to me..... 8-))


 What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. No official menu planned yet. Dinner out with the BF tonight to participate KC Restaurant Week. And I'll be stocking up on lotsa soft foods to prep for my upcoming dental work :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed "cake" somewhere in your shopping list. I read it twice, but I must be tired or something.

    HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

    I think I'll do something with sweet Italian sausage that I bought. We're expecting snow tomorrow, so the stores were pretty emptied...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I barely even have vague plans! I have no turkey thawing this week, so nothing for leftovers. So far, I only plan to make black eyed peas and a pot of cabbage, both to last through when exbf comes on Friday. Yesterday, I ate can of roast beef with seasoned rice. Today, I had some sort of stuffed noodle things and veggies. The rest will be for another meal. Oh yes! Chicken tenders bought for $1.59/lb. will be thawed and ready to cook tomorrow. I wished I could have bought all they had at that price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite Funny Blogger Ladies! We are having much more preprared store bought food this week than normal due to me working 2x as much at my 2nd job covering someones holidays. Hubby is taking up the slack in the cooking area. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too, have been eating down our surplus leftovers. I'm not going to be a happy camper when I have to cook every meal again. I better work on this one or better yet have Den cook a bunch of food. Yeah, that's a better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday Sluggy and may you have many, many more and may I be here to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.