Friday, December 13, 2013

Rolling & Spending +Up Rewards at Rite-Aid

A storm is heading into town in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow so I hiked up to Rite-Aid to spend these +Up Rewards that were expiring on Saturday and beyond, since I won't be able to get there tomorrow.

Pay attention to this transaction so you can run up to your Rite-Aid before this sale ends on Saturday evening and try to do it.....this lot was bought on brother in-law's card.....


2 x Finish dishwasher ORANGE gel pacs on sale BOGO=$6.79
1 x Finish dishwasher tabs on clearance 50%=$4.14
1 x Simplify facial tissue on sale=.59¢
Subtotal.....$11.52

Used no Qs so paid with $11 in +Ups and .56¢(.52¢ + .04¢ tax)out of pocket.

Does sound like such a great until you notice the TRY ME FREE Q on one of the orange gel pac boxes....

 
 

 
So spend $10.93 on dishwasher tabs/pacs, get $4.50 back(max. for the Try Me Free Rebate), makes the cost $6.43.
Add in that there is a $3 +Up Rewards when you spend $10 on select products this week, and Finish is one of the products.
So with the $3 +Ups I earned, the cost is now $3.43 for 3 boxes....or about $1.15 per box.
Nice.
See if your store has any clearance Finish products and orange gel pacs with the TMF Rebate sticker.
You can also supplement your $12 purchase with ZipLoc bags(as those qualify for this +Ups Deal)and there is a $1/2 IPQ at Coupons dotcom for those.


Then I bought on my card.......



3 x Snickers bars on sale .59¢=$1.77
2 x Speed Stick deodorant BOGO=$3.79
1 x Sinful nail polish on sale $1.99=$1.99
1 x Sinful nail polish rang up $1.59=$1.59 ??
Subtotal.....$9.14

I used....
1 x B2G1F Mars candy Q=$.59
1 x $1.50/1 Speed Stick Catalina Q=$1.50
Coupon Total....$2.09

$9.14-$2.09=$7.05
I paid with $6.50 in +Ups, so paid out of pocket .55¢.
I received $3.98 in +Up Rewards back(2 x $1.99 Sinful).  Even though one of the polishes rang up $1.59(color was KISSY)it still generated a $1.99 +Ups.
Whatever.

Then I did this transaction back on bil's card......



2 x Yogi tea w/20% discount $3.75=$7.50
1 x Scott TP 12 pack on sale=$7.49
1 x Simplify Facial Tissue on sale=$.59
2 x M&M Holiday bags on sale $2.00=$4.00
2 x Reese's bells bags on sale $3.00=$6.00
SubTotal.....$25.58

Coupons Used.....
2 x FREE ITEM Yogi Tea=$7.50
1 x $2/1 Scott item R-A emailed Q=$2.00
1 x .55¢/1 Scott TP IPQ(stacked)=$.55
1 x $1.00/2 M&M Holiday bags IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/2 M&M Holiday bags AdPerks Q(stacked)=$1.00
1 x $1.10/2 Reese's candy IPQ=$1.10
1 x $1/2 Reese's candy AdPerks Q=$1.00
Coupon Total....$14.15

$25.58-$14.15=$11.43
I used $11 in +Up Rewards and paid out of pocket .43¢.
I received $1 +Ups back(for the Scott tp)too.

Before these purchases, I bought $200 in Home Improvement gift cards-my converting cash into gift cards($100 on each Wellness card)and earned $40 in +Up Rewards.  We know we will be spending this $200 and more on house stuff at Lowe's/Home Despot anyway, so why not get a bonus $40 in free script to spend on toiletries at Rite-Aid?  ;-)

So today I spent OOP $1.58 for all this, I'll be getting a $4.50 rebate and I earned $47.98 in new +Up Rewards.
And I bought home $77.26 in food/toiletries to use.

I also got a rain check for the .59¢ facial tissue boxes deal since I bought the last couple on the shelves today.  Come February we'll probably need more tissues so why pay more than I have to for them? 8-))

What did you get at Rite-Aid this week?

Sluggy


 




 

5 comments:

  1. I literally rushed to RA after reading this post on Friday. I purchased four boxes of "All in One" Powerball Finish BOGO for $5.95. So, I have spent $11.90 and can get back 2 X $4.50= $9.00+ $3 in Ups= $11. I had no coupon. In reality, I am paying $0,90 for four boxes? Did I get that right? If so, maybe I am really sold. I do resent buying dishwasher detergent. So, free suits me.

    Now, I have a big question. How do I send in the original receipt to get the $4.50 twice?

    I hurt so much that I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. I left the walker at home in my rush and forgot to take in my cane! But, for this kind of deal, I can stand a lot of pain. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, max is one rebate? I will take back all four, rebuy 2 at a time, losing the Ups. Then, I can send in one; exbf can send in another and I will pay about $.50 for each. I put away the figures before I wrote this last comment, so I may be slightly off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I didn't mention the rebate is a limit of 1 per household/address. Usually mail in rebates are limit 1 so I figured everyone would know that already. 8-(

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, I did since that is always the case. I figured as much but then when I HAD to buy them on the same transaction, I just let it go because it was still a good deal. Now, I don't know what I will do. Probably just keep it because it is still less than I will have to pay later. I had slept maybe four hours for five or six days in a row. I did better on the post I am going to put up on Sunday.

      Delete
    3. I am sounding like an idiot! I did know that this was one rebate per address, since I tried to get these on separate receipts. Actually, the bogo and $3 Ups puts my boxes at $1.10 each. So, it appears we basically spent the same amount for each box of 20, using different routes. I must do this more often and better. Wasn't there a coupon in the paper lately?

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.