Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Christmas Week(Ok, Maybe 10 Days?) in Pictures


 Making the medical rounds.....



I saw a local TV Personality/Newscaster in the waiting room at this doctor's office.  He came out from over on the side where the plastic surgeons' offices are........hmmm........

 
Decorating the tree.....

 

Keeping up my strength to celebrate the Season.....
 

It snowed again.  Nothing is melting it is so cold.....



Late last week I went to the Dollar Store to buy some really cheap Dawn dish liquid(real cheap because of the coupons I had).
I had a weak moment in the store and bought 2 rolls of gift wrap.....ugh......I so don't need this!

 

But how could I say no to Thomas the Tank Engine and Justin Bieber for 1 dollar?!?
I did however, resist the TWILIGHT themed paper.......


 Then the Winter Solstice came to town.....



Followed the next day by Santa on a fire truck......




Sunday saw Hubs and I running out for necessary supplies, like Gingerbread flavored Marshmallows....


 And as we went down a depleted Christmas décor aisle I saw a stack of music CDs of Holiday tunes.
I exclaimed as I pawed through the CDs, "I wonder if they have a copy of "A James Brown Christmas"?
I really did say that, ask Hubs!

And then a Christmas Miracle happened and I pulled out this.....


I didn't even KNOW he had recorded a Christmas album! lol
Moral of this story.....Be careful what you wish for!!
Of course after that, I just had to bring Jimmy home with us.
After all, you don't want to piss off the Universe when it provides for you......plus it was 50% off to boot! ;-)

I saw this bank sign on the way home........and yes Sonya Ann, that is an adult bookstore sign next door to the bank.......


And here is what my fire pit looked like 24 hours after the Solstice.....


Before......


The After this morning......



Went out to get blood work done this morning and saw Santa walking down the highway.
Didn't get a picture unfortunately but you all know what he looks like, right?

Came home to bake some pecan pies......ALWAYS a tradition at Christmas in my home......
 

Next the Chocolate /Cinnamon Chip Cookies Hubs requested.....


And one big Cookie for Santa tonight.....


(For Santa=whoever goes to bed last gets to eat the cookie.)

Then Santa's helpers finally arrived with the Christmas Drawers.......it wouldn't be Christmas without new socks and drawers in this house........


Now Christmas can REALLY happen!

Off to start Aunt Lula's Rolls......

Sluggy



 

5 comments:

  1. I wish we had some snow. It's been cold but this past weekend it was in the 70's!! Go figure. that's weather in NC. You can have rain, sleet, snow, hail, tornadoes all in a short period of time. I hope your medicals visits go well. I didn't buy the hubs undies this year. LOL. I'm sure he's glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the traditions of Christmas socks and drawers.

    Seeing Santa walk down the road" Where are the reindeer? Tonight is the night! Jesus walks down the highways here, barefoot.

    I bought cinnamon chips and they made me ill just smelling them. They smelled noxious like cinnamon pinecones. After three chips, I just sealed them up in a jar since they seemed toxic. It makes me queasy thinking about your heating them in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bag of socks, tanks, & boxer briefs under the tree for my BF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what beautiful pies!!!! Oh and that Ryan Lechy. He's a fireball of energy, isn't he? How is the James Brown CD? I just might look for that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pecan pies.... Mmmm!! They look delicious! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.