Monday, August 6, 2018

Grocery Shopping Last Week

I didn't do a whole lot of food shopping last week-a trip to the Shursave Market, the Restaurant supply store and Ollie's(Good Stuff Cheap!).
First the restaurant supply store.......


I got in on a "group buy".  Every so often they send out an email for a special deal.  The only catch is it's usually a large quantity of something.  This one was a deal on a 10 lb. box of breaded chicken tenders(not nuggets).  $9 for 10 lbs.
Being one of ex-college boy's favorite foods(and a "go to" if he needs a quick snack/meal)I jumped on this buy.
I also picked up some items we were out of--2 dozen eggs for $1.59 each(of course the Shursave started a .99¢ sale on eggs today!), 3 cukes for $1.99, a hunk of liverwurst for Hubs and a 2 lb. bag of shredded mozz for $3.99(at least half the price of reg. retail around here).
$20.68 OOP for this trip.

I picked up a few things at Shursave Market as well.  My local Shursave doesn't take IPQs so while I was at Maines there is a Shursave over there that DOES take them AND doubles them up to $1, so I bought this........


3 boxes of cereal on sale for $1.98 each, used 3 x .50¢ Qs that doubled to $1 so each box was .98¢.

I also happened upon 2 dairy instant discounts-4 packs of Oikos strawberry greek yogurt were on sale for $1.99 per pack and these ones had $1 off instant stickers on them making them .99¢ per pack. The sell by date was coming up quickly but I have found that yogurt keeps months past it's sell by date(ssshhhh, don't tell!).
Those tubs of French onion dip were $1.39 after .50¢ instant discount stickers and are good to have when folks here want something to dip their salty snack in.
I also bought 6 strip steaks at my local Shursave store last week as they were $4.99 per lb.
$33.87 OOP for both these Shursave trips.

I didn't set foot in Weis(PMITA)Markets last week which is highly unusual!  There ads have been very small(really, a 2 page ad!!)and not much that's worth stocking up on, let alone buying any loss leaders.

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. that is an amazing price for the chicken. You did great with all of the other stuff too. That is weird that one store allows coupons but the other doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a price for the chicken! That is some bargain. And, I love the price for the Raisin Bran, my favorite brand that I cannot eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deals on the Restaurant Supply store. $2 a pound for cheese is a great price. Great deals on the yogurt and cereal too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish our grocery stored would double coupons here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could have coupons that doubled as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been doing mainly clip to app coupons now. It’s been working Well for me. I especially like the Stop & Shop app and I get my best deals there when I do go into a store.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.