Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sluggy Joins the 21st Century

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

And I'll add to this, that Sluggy got a smartphone.

Yep, I have joined the 21st Century.
It's something we've been thinking about for awhile.

Then two weeks ago my Tracfone flip phone started having seizures.
Well you could call someone but you could no longer hear the phone ringing or them talking if they picked up or their voicemail message if they didn't......so I didn't know if calls were going through.
So I called our land line, couldn't hear it connect, etc. so I just talked into the phone and THAT I could hear myself talking.
So the flip phone was dead for all intents and purposes.

And then if I left the tracfone on at night it would dial people by itself.  Sonya Ann got a few 3 am phone calls from my number that way. lolz

So Hubs and I bit the phone bullet and got new android phones.




And I will just say that it has been quite the learning curve for me!
I've had it 1 week now and I feel like a toddler with training wheels still. lolz

I don't like that this phone will cost me a LOT more but after we ditch the landline and the extra fee on that to make/receive long distance calls, that's $35-$40 we don't have to pay monthly and makes this only an additional $60 per month for unlimited data phone service for both smart phones.

I can live with that.



The best perk so far is not having to borrow Hubs android Tracfone anymore to do my Ibotta. ;-)

Sluggy



5 comments:

  1. I went to a "Smart" phone as a last resort too. I lost a crap-ton of minutes I couldn't carry over. I got a Samsung Ring -- which is so out of date that I can't put any apps on it, which is actually OK with me. People are astounded how lackadaisical my relationship with my phone is. I'm on a pay as you go $35 per month plan ($40 with tax). TBG has a TracPhone and he just buys minutes when he needs them. All we really do is talk, text and sometimes I check my voicemail. A phoneaholic I am not! Welcome to the 21st Century, but don't worry, you'll feel outdated soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to ask children in WM how to do things on my phone! good luck. I don't think I will ever learn how to use my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 21st Century...lol. You'll figure things out fast. I need a new phone too, but thanks to my prepaid plan that I've had for years, I'm forced to buy an Iphone. Not happy about this, but I love my plan that I've had for over 10 years. Costs me $35 per month for unlimited talk, text and a large amount of data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the 21st C! :) - I love my smart phone, once you get used to it you'll find it really easy to use, it just takes a while to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The three of us all have a Tracfone Smartphone. (LG Sunset model). They've been fine, but don't have a lot of memory for a lot of apps. We've had them for a few years. I keep suggesting we level up, but they are so cheap to use, it's hard to think of paying more for something fancier that we probably don't really need. But congrats on your new phone. Let us know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.