Monday, August 6, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Well I Did It Again!" Edition--


I messed up my ankle again. ugh.  Seems this happens every year or so, I overdo and then can't walk for a few days.  Hopefully it isn't the return of my nemesis, Mr. Blood Clot.   I am confined to the upstairs for at least today so the meal plan may veer waaay off since Hubs will have to be cooking(or, as is his wont, when faced with cooking, ordering in).
sigh to both the painful ankle and the ordering in......

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Lemon Pepper Chicken and Zuke, Rice
3. Tuesday--Grilled Steak, Grilled Zuke and Squash
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Pork Ragu over Pasta, Salad
6. Friday--Tacos
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Grilled Steak, leftover Squash Casserole
3. Tuesday--Lemon Pepper Chicken and Zuke, Rice
4. Wednesday--Beef Pie
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6. Friday--Pork Ragu over Pasta, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Take-Out or Eating Out.  We took the opportunity of the Daughter being out of town and Ex-College Boy at work to get Chinese take-out on Thursday night, so Tacos didn't happen.  They get moved to this week's menu.

We had some food waste this past week.  Mostly it's due to the Daughter going rouge and making food and then not finishing it.....do I count this as mine?

Trips to the Restaurant supply, Ollie's and the Shursave Markete brought the weekly food spending to $60.44 and the monthly total to $60.44.
I have 25 days left in my shopping month for August and have $340 left in the food budget to spend this month.

My savings percentage last week was 52.56%(without Rite-Aid trips)and August's monthly savings total comes to 52.56% so far.

Leftovers going into this week......1 helping of Zucchini Risotto, lots of Pork Ragu w/pasta and Zucchini, Chicken and Rice.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, leftover Macaroni Salad(Hubs can handle this)
2. Monday--Pizza, Fried Zucchini(If I can get ex-College Boy to make the zuke)
3. Tuesday--Tacos or Taco Salad(Hubs can handle this)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers, Squash and Onions(Hubs can handle this, at least the leftovers part)
5. Thursday--Chicken and Dumplings(If I am well enough to traipse downstairs)
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

This week will see 3-4 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out and 1 night of ?

What needs buying for this menu?  Only the pizza if Hubs opts out of cooking tonight.
Yeah, this is a half-assed plan due to circumstances beyond my control. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  I haven't even looked at the ads for this week and may not be in a condition to shop anyway.  Oh well....life is like that.


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Oh no. So sorry you are dealing with the ankle issues again. That stinks. Hopefully, it will get better sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope that you can rest in the comfort of A/C as this week is forecasted to be brutal. No real deals at any of the stores lately. Being on a low spend Summer, this is a blessing in disguise. I even skipped going out for any groceries this past Fri, my usual grocery day, and the farmer's market was cancelled this past Sat due to a scheduling conflict at the venue site. We still have plenty to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Hub's both have bad ankles right now. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this blog
    post. It was practical. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch-sorry for the ankle woes. I ate the leftover fried rice DD2 made Saturday and not sure what hubs will have. No eating out this week even if we bang up our ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. I have hurt the same ankle 3 times over the years and it is never a good thing. Stay off of it for a while so it can heal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you hurt your ankle. Rest it good! Your zucchini recipes sound good! It sure is plentiful this time of year. DH and I are still in extended stay 2 more months, so we have been creative in meals. I felt bad yesterday, so we too ordered Chinese. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Sluggy, sorry about your ankle once again! And hurrah for pizza hee hee! Seriously though I hope it isn't a blood clot!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.