Monday, August 13, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Lots of Veggies to Use Up Now" Edition--


I grabbed this off of someone on Facebook.  It made me laugh hard! lolz
It also made be think of you McVal.  8-)))

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, leftover Macaroni Salad(Hubs can handle this)
2. Monday--Pizza, Fried Zucchini(If I can get ex-College Boy to make the zuke)
3. Tuesday--Tacos or Taco Salad(Hubs can handle this)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers, Squash and Onions(Hubs can handle this, at least the leftovers part)
5. Thursday--Chicken and Dumplings(If I am well enough to traipse downstairs)
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, leftover Macaroni Salad
2. Monday--Pizza(Hubs got take-out)
3. Tuesday--Tacos or Taco Salad(Hubs made this.)
4. Wednesday--Fried Zucchini
5. Thursday--Meatloaf in the freezer, Squash and Onions, Garlic Mashed Taters
6. Friday--leftover Eggplant Parm, Tomato and Cuke Salad
7. Saturday--Mexican Stuffed Zucchini

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked dinners, 0 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of Take-Out or Eating Out.  
Since I was bedridden for 3 days Hubs handled dinner(and I told him what to make/do).  He did Sun, ordered a pizza on Mon, Tues, the daughter handled Wed and some of Thurs.
The chicken and dumplings didn't happen obviously so it moves to this week.

Two trips, one to each of Weis and the Shursave Markets brought the weekly food spending to $24.99 and the monthly total to $85.43.
I have 18 days left in my shopping month for August and have $314.57 left in the food budget to spend this month.

My savings percentage last week was 35.20%(without Rite-Aid trips)and August's monthly savings total comes to 48.52% so far.

Leftovers going into this week......

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Squash Casserole, leftover Fried Zucchini(Daughter cooking)
2. Monday--Breakfast for Dinner(Meat, Eggs, Waffles)
3. Tuesday--BLTs
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Ham and Zuke Quiche, Tossed Salad
6. Friday--Something on the Grill, Tomatoes
7. Saturday--Chicken and Dumplings

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 1 nights of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
Using up garden veggies this week(squash casserole, Waffles, Quiche, Salads)or freezing them.  Only running the oven 2 nights(for casserole and quiche)and those will give us leftovers.  I may make a cake while the oven is on for the quiche too.

What needs buying for this menu? Half and Half for the quiche.  I am waiting until later in the week to make/serve this as half and half is going on sale at Weis. ;-)  I'll be picking up some loss leaders and almost freebies w/Qs.  Other than that I have all the meats but just have to dig something out of the freezer to grill.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. There was no plan. The accident spoiled any attempts to think, plan, or cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I'm singing the song now!
    I'm sorry you were bed ridden for a few days. I hope all is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did okay - I made a huge stir fry to use of some of my large stock of vegetables. Tonight we'll be having more - then I'm heading to my sister's place and she doesn't cook...at all...so we'll be eating out a lot :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.