Thursday, August 2, 2018

2018 Food & Toiletries Spending......July Edition

Onward to July's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JULY 2018.

I have posted July's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in July.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4-5(4-5 at home this month). No "kids" under 22.

*****************
BIG LOTS
OOP  $56.80
Value  $93.59
Savings   39.31%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $20.79
Value  $77.72(retail bread is expensive!)
Savings  73.25%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $55.28
Value  $100.36
Savings  44.92%

MALACARI'S(produce)
OOP  $9.14
Value  $16.99
Savings  46.20%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/PP/BC  $564.27
Value  $564.27
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE
OOP  $16.89
Qs/Ads  $20.10
Value  $36.99
Savings  54.34%

WALMART
OOP  $36.93
Value  $80.64
Savings    54.21%

WEGMAN'S
OOP  $58.15
Value  $82.21
Savings    29.27%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $179.77
Qs/Ads  $178.89
Value  $358.66
Savings  49.88%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bread Outlet at 73.25% and Shursave Markets at 54.34%.  My worst savings rate was at Wegman's at 29.27%.

I shopped at 9 different stores this past month.  

TOTAL Out of Pocket for July..........$433.75
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales...$413.41
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.........$847.16
TOTAL Savings of ................................48.80%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for July.....$433.75
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid....$1411.43
TOTAL Coupons/Store Sales.........$977.68
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items........69.27%

This closes out the July food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
July was almost on target spending wise.  I gave myself an extra $50 over my $400 budget since Eldest son was home for 5 days so we didn't have to "skimp" on dishes he likes.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went Up by 3.88% in July 2018 to 69.27% compared to June's 65.39% savings average.
The free stuff from Rite-Aid skewers my averages but without R-A I am at 48.80% savings.  So even without R-A we are doing well on the "savings" front.

With 7 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $3071.08 on food/toiletries in 2018 which is a 72.78savings rate for the year so far and averages out to $438.73 spent per month in 2018.  We are heading back down toward my $400 a month average target again and that's a good thing.

LOOKING AHEAD To August.......
Keeping with a $400 food budget for August.  No company is coming and no trips are planned.  The Daughter will be out of town for a few days but otherwise things will be "steady as she goes" here with the grocery spending.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in July?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Use it up and not overbuy is my plan for the next 11 days. I need to be careful to not succumb to take out and deli counters as things will gt stressed for both of us the week before vacation, and that just defeats the purpose of saving for the trip n the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaved about $70 off of my usual budget or $100/month x 3 plus absorbs any entertaining/guests that join us for meals. Funds tight as I await reimbursement from the electric company for the repairs I had to do, as a result of the blown neutral power line to my home. That's about $2400-my checking account cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cashed out Ibotta this month and that goes back into my grocery budget. July's total was $372.02. I am averaging about that per month for the year. I try to keep it around $400 a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came in under budget on food and personal items. Part of my strategy for these is only buy what I need. For example, today, I saw on clearance some leave-in-conditioner that I used to use. I have not had any money in the budget. All I need for the rest of the month is cotton rounds and some toilet paper. For household supplies, I will be taking an inventory tomorrow to see what I need. As for food. I make a meal plan, and shop to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers however this article is actually
    a fastidious paragraph, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this website from my pal who informed me regarding this website and now this time
    I am visiting this web page and reading very informative posts at this
    time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.