Tuesday, August 7, 2018

2018 July To-Do List....Update

Let's see how we did on our July To-Do List...........

* Pay Bills  DONE  Everything got paid, nothing deferred and no interest paid.

*  Read 1, 2, 3 Books  2.5 DONE  I read 2 books last month and got halfway through #3.
First I read this.........
First in a series of Huguenot themed books called "Cousins of the Dove".  Part historical/part fiction this was an enjoyable read, especially to me given my Huguenot ancestry.
From Amazon's website...."France, 1685. Catherine Gillet knows her brother, Jules, wants to protect her from the sinister threats of the French crown. But Jules is involved in a potentially deadly enterprise, one connected with an encoded document. When his actions put the whole family at risk, will Catherine find a way to save them?
Virginia, present day. Renee Talbot, a direct descendant of Catherine's, is fascinated by the document that's been part of her family legacy for more than three centuries. Certain its pages hold hidden secrets, she takes a closer look—and makes a shocking discovery. But when memories of a childhood trauma are rekindled, she's forced to seek answers of a different kind. Inspired by the faith and bravery of Catherine, can Renee find the truth and face her deepest fears at last?
And I read this one..........

A series of short stories from one the more celebrated short story writers of our day.
A few were good a few were "WTF?" and a couple I couldn't get "into" them.  He knows his craft but some of his subject matter isn't my bag.

*  Organize the Garage  OFF THE LIST  I did some organizing/straightening in the garage but I am taking this off the list since we really can't do much until the Daughter moves out and takes all her stuff, some of which is stored out there, with her.
*  Order Birth Certificate  DONE   Ordered and it arrived quickly albeit somewhat crumpled.....



*  Get Photo Done  DONE  It took two attempts due to Rite-Aid not doing it correctly the first time(I did that refunded)but it got done.


*  Fill out Application  DONE


*  Apply for Passport  DONE  It took 10 days to receive my passport.
It was a LOT quicker than I was led to believe it would take.  My birth certificate on the other hand just arrived back on Monday Aug. 6th.  Almost 3 weeks after I handed it over at the PO.  I was starting to get concerned since the PO lady said that would take a week for the State Dept. to get it back to me. 8-(

*  Hold Giveaway  DONE  


*  Mail Giveaway  DONE  And it's been received by the happy winner. 8-))

*  Plan Possible 2018 Travel  WORKING ON IT  I am waiting to here back from my travel companions before I make any reservations as things/dates depend on their flights.

*  Work on 2018 Goals  PASS  Of my 10 Goals, 3 are done for the year(sell house, password book, cull stockpile), 4 are ongoing(weight, gardening, travel, selling stuff)and 3 haven't happened yet(genealogy, sewing, list of repairs on house).  Good progress and I'll take it. ;-)

We are making progress but not at a frantic pace.  It works for me.

Did you tackle anything in July?
Tell us all about it.

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Okay talking to Hub's will have flights booked by end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one goal was to pay off one debt. Mission accomplished. My life has been so crazy, I don't know where to start making a to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is very open with a clear explanation of the challenges.
    It was really informative. Your site is very helpful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for any other informative website. The place else could I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect manner?
    I've a project that I'm just now operating on, and I have been on the glance out for
    such info.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.