Saturday, August 25, 2018

Lots of Food Shopping This Week!

I ended up doing quite a bit of grocery shopping this week besides that Target trip.
There were loss leaders and deals I could use so I took the opportunity to stock up on certain items we use a lot of.

First at Weis.....


This trip didn't go as planned(in a bad way).  Certain Yoplait brand yogurts were .88¢ wyb 8 in a single transaction.  I had Qs for 2 of those types of Yobplait so I could use 4 of each Q-they were each for .40¢ off which would double to .80¢ off, making each yogurt .08¢.(Weis will double up to 4 of the same Q).
But.....
The store decided to thwart my efforts by dropping the "Fruitside" type of yogurt, so I could only use 4 Qs per 8 cups so 8 cups cost $3.84. bleh.  I should have just bought 4 cups, at reg. price of $1 per cup, used the Qs and paid .20¢ OOP for each cup.  But I didn't think this through well and bought 8 cups.(1 was eaten before the photo got taken.). I did also get .40¢ back on Savingstar for 1 yogurt so I feel a little better about this. ;-)
I bought Kozy Shack pudding on sale $2.50, used 2 x $1/1 Qs and paid $1.50 per container.
The taco shells(we were out)were $1.25 each and I got $1 back on Savingstar so $1.50 for both.

I went back to Weis later in the week to get some meat and use my last 3 Yogurt Qs.....


After Qs the yogurts cost .90¢ for all 3.
The breakfast sausage was on sale for $2.50 and had $1 instant discount stickers on them so $1.50 per package.
The package of thin sliced bottom round steak was $2.30 and had a $1 instant discount sticker on it so $1.30 for .66 lb. or $1.96 a lb.
The package of chuck tender steak was $6.59 and had a $3 instant discount sticker on it so $3.59 for 1.10 lb. or $3.26 a lb.
The best deal was a Buy1Get2Free deal on London Broil cuts.  3 hunks of meat, 4.66 lbs., at a cost of $2.19 per lb.

Then I hit the Shursave market for 3 different "Spend X/Buy X Items, Get $X Off your Order" Deals.....


Hormel had a "Buy 10 items/Get $5 Off" Deal.  We were down to one can of chili for Hubs/Ex-College Boy so I bought 10 cans at $17.90 and got $5 off so $1.29 a can.

There was a Kellogg's "Buy 5 items/Get $5 Off" Deal.  I bought 4 boxes of Raisin Bran and 1 Pop-Tarts, spending $12.  I used a $2/4 Kellogg's cereals ManuQ making it $8, then got $5 off so $3 OOP for those 5 items.

There was also a Quaker Oats "Spend $15/Get $4 Off" Deal.  I bought 2 boxes of Cap'n Crunch cereal, 2 boxes of instant oatmeal and a caninster of old fashioned oats, totaling $15.15.
I used a $1/2 Cap'n Crunch cereal ManuQ making it $14.15, then got $4 off so $10..15 OOP for all 6 items.

Then on Wednesday I hit another Shursave Market that had a certain brand of pasta and did the Kellogg's deal again...........


3 Raisin Brand/1 Mini-Wheats and 1 Pop-Tart came to $12 and I got $5 off so $7 OOP for all 5 items.
The DaVinci pastas were .88¢ per package and I had $1/2 ManuQs so $2.28 total or .38¢ each after sale/Q.

There were a few other things as well, a watermelon, a bag of frozen french fries, broccoli, a cuke, corn, a carton of OJ, half a lemon meringue pie 50% off, as well as some half price chicken breasts($2 off instant stickers at Shursave on the packages)and 1.86 lb. of boneless pork chops at Weis marked $6.28 off with sale and $1 instant discount stickers on the 2 packages.  I did not pay full price on any items this week except the milk(milk is highly regulated in PA and NEVER goes on sale).

I am off to peruse the coming week's ads and see if there are any "deals" I need.


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Do you do Kelloggs family rewards? I get gift cards from them because of the items I buy. I noticed you buy a bunch too. I also get free items sometimes from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, can't remember the last time I saw red meat under $3/lbs around here. Chicken is always cheap, but I need a second mortgage to buy a nice roast or some steaks😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Paso taco shells were my first taste (in junior high school) of Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did do a lot of grocery shopping this week and got some really great deals. I need to go to the store, but I'm going to try and wait it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to get good deals on cereal, because we use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.