Thursday, December 10, 2015

Rite-Aid Mid-Week Sale Haul

I did two transactions today at Rite-Aid.
Some of the things bought were part of the mid-week 4 Day Sale and some were part of the regularly weekly Sale.
By waiting until mid-week I can combine the deals into 1 transaction and maybe use a $off/$ purchase coupon or two this week.  8-)

First on my son's card this transaction using the $5 off $25 purchase Beauty Mag Q because all these items qualified as a "beauty" purchase......


2 x Suave large bottles BOGO(4 Day Sale)=$4.69
1 x Axe gift set(weekly Sale ad)20% wellness disc. less than sale price=$9.59
2 x Dove men's 'Poo 20% wellness disc.=$8.30
1 x Conair combs(weekly Sale ad)20% wellness disc.=$2.71
1 x Scunci barrettes(weekly Sale ad)20% wellness disc.=$1.43
SubTotal.........$26.72

Coupons Used
1 x $5/$25 Beauty purchase=$5.00
1 x $2/2 Suave large bottles ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Axe gift set ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Dove men's hair care ManuQ=$4.00
Coupon Total.....$13.00

$26.72-$13.00=$13.72
But a L2CQ came off for something so it was $11.72 + .59¢ tax=$12.31 paid with Plenti points.

I earned $3 in new Plenti Points for buying 2 Conair/Scunci items and I qualified for .50¢ in SavingStar Rebates(.50¢ Axe gift set, but evidently the $2 wyb 2large Suave bottlesrebate  didn't "take" because 1 of the bottles rang up as Free so in their eyes I didn't buy 2...sigh), so all this "cost" me $8.81 when all is said and done.

Then I bought all this on the same card and used a $5 off $50 Purchase that R-A had snail mailed me.......


2 x Peroxi-Clear contact solution(weekly Sale ad)20% wellness disc, less than sale price=$18.06
2 x Arm&Hammer kitty litter(4 day Sale)BOGO=$8.99
1 x Soft Soap refill jug(weekly Sale ad)=$3.99
2 x Bic razors(weekly Sale ad)BOGO50%=$7.48
2 x 5 Hr. Energy shots(4 day Sale)=$8.00
4 x KickStart drinks(4 day Sale)=$4.00
SubTotal......$50.52

Coupons Used
1 x $5/$50 Purchase RAQ=$5.00
2 x $2/1 Peroxi-Clear IPQ=$4.00
2 x $2/1 Bic Razors ManuQ=$4.00
Coupon Total......$13.00
*I had $6 more in coupons but the register wouldn't take them(they were valid)so the clerk did a "post coupon" transaction and I got $6 in cash back.

$50.5-2$13.00=$37.52 + $2.26 tax=$39.78 paid with Plenti points.
I earned back $28.00 in new points(2 x $5 Peroix-Clear, $5 wyb2 Arm& Hammer, $1 wyb2 Bic, 2 x $4 5 Hr. Energy, 2 x $2 wyb2 Kick Start drinks) so after points and the $6 cash all this "cost" me $5.78.

$114.10 worth of goodies for spending down $14.59 on the Plenti points balance.

If I buy one more Dove men's 'Poo using this card I'll get $4 in Plenti Points for spending $12 on Dove, so basically the next Dove men's 'Poo I buy will be free after points.

I don't usually buy kitty litter and contact lens solution but this was for the son and his GF(and the grandkitty).  If they can't use it, we can use the kitty litter for the snow(IF we ever get any!lol)and the contact solution can go into the "Giveaway" pile of goodies(along with the hair barrettes this trip).

I'll go back before the 4 Day Sale ends on Saturday to get more KickStart drinks for College Boy and do the Scott TP deal--it's on sale for $2.99 and gives $1 in Points back, pair this with a $1/1 Scott IPQ that's available on coupons dotcom and that's .99¢ for a 4 pack of Scott TP(my fav. brand).

After I check on how much in Kohl's gift cards I have I may get some more of those before the 4 Day Sale ends as they are giving $10 in points for every $50 in gift cards you buy(limit $100 in gift cards per card).

As for next week's sales ad at Rite-Aid nothing much jumps out at me as a good deal.  They are going to have Jo-Ann fabrics, Claire's and DSW shoes gift cards, buy $25 worth get $2 in Plenti points.  If those are places you already shop at or need one of these stores for a gift it's worth picking up next week to get those points you can spend on toiletries I guess.  But that's about all I see that's worth buying at Rite-Aid(unless a last minute R-A Facebook Q pops up for a deal).  And there is no mid-week 4 Day Sale next week as far as I can tell.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.