Monday, October 5, 2009

What I'm Buying at Rite-Aid this Week 10/4/09-10/10/09



It's a fairly lackluster sales week at Rite-Aid this week, at least for me.
There are two items that have full price Single Check Rebates this week and I don't care how much money I'll get back for buying it, PoliGrip just doesn't do it for me!

So that leaves the Scalpicin Wipes at $4.49, get $4.49 back after the SCRebate.

Rite-Aid is toting the Johnson & Johnson Deal products this week--SCR #75...Buy $15 of participating products, get $5 Rebate/Buy $20, get $8/Buy $25, get $10.
Many of the qualifying products are on sale this week.

Here's what I WAS considering doing.
I was going to buy the Tylenol 80-100 ct. that is on sale this week for $7.99. I have a $2 off coupon for the Tylenol 8 Hr. and there is a SCRebate #64 for $2 on this item.  There is Tylenol as part of the Johnson & Johnson #75 Deal but ONLY the Tylenol Extra Strength qualifies for that one so no double dip there. *sigh*

So here is what I WILL be doing.


If you had printed off the Clean & Clear AdPerks coupon last month, you can combine this with either the IP coupon for $2 off Clean & Clear or the sunday inserts coupon for $1 off.  I've printed my limit on the IP coupon so I'll be using the coupon inserts $1 coupon.

I checked online and one of the unadvertised specials in the store here is the Afrin Pure Sea Nasal product for $9.99.  There was a $4 off AdPerk coupon for Pure Sea last month of which I printed out 2 copies a couple of weeks ago.  I can combine this coupon with the IP coupon for $3 off and get this product for $2.99.  I noticed last week that there was some of this item on the clearance shelf at my store marked from it's orginal price of $14.99 to 50% off($7.50).  If there are still any of those containers in the store, after coupons I'll be paying $.49 for this item.

These 4 items(Scalpicin/2xClean&Clear/Pure Sea) get me to a PRE-coupon total of $20.99($23.48 if there are no clearanced Pure Sea items).

I'll add in 3x Bandaids at $2 for a Pre-Coupon total of $26.99.
Now I can use the $5 off $25 Rite-Aid coupon.

$26.99-$5=$21.99
Use $1 off Scalpicin IP coupon HERE
$21.99-$1=$20.99
Use 2x AdPerk coupons($6)and 2x insert coupons($2)for Clean & Clear.
$20.99-$8=$12.99
Use AdPerk coupon($4)and IP coupon($3)for Pure Sea HERE
$12.99-$7=$5.99
Use 3x $1 off Band-Aid coupons($3) from sunday inserts last month.
$5.99-$3=$2.99
My OOP total before taxes is $2.99.

The Clean & Clear and the Bandaids qualify for the Johnson & Johnson deal #75.
$9(C&C)+$6(Bandaids)=$15.
This qualifies me for the $5 rebate.
Add in the $4.49 rebate for the Scalpicin and my SCRebate total for this transaction is $9.49.
Spend $2.99 and get back $9.49=a $6.50 PROFIT!
If the Pure Sea is $9.99 instead of $7.50, my OOP becomes $5.48 and my PROFIT becomes $4.01 after rebates.

Not bad for a slow week at Rite-Aid.
If you can't find anything you really need this week at Rite-Aid, spend the free time checking out what will be free after Rebates the week after next.  Go get your coupons ready so you can save some extra money upfront buying these items as well as getting the cost of them back in rebates at the end.  This will make some of them Moneymakers for you so get busy hunting down the coupons you will need! 8-)


Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.