Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our Trip to T.G.I. Friday's Restaurant for the FREE $17.15 Burger



I had a Free Jack Daniels Burger Coupon from signing up on Facebook to become a "Friend of Woody", during the TGI Friday's Promotion recently.
So hubby & I toddled off to TGIF's the other evening.

I haven't been in a TGIF's in about 5 years, and had never been to this one near our house.  The place was packed with diners, as we chose Wednesday night, which is KIDS EAT FREE Night at this particular restaurant, to eat there. 
As I don't have small children at home anymore, I am not a fan of attending eateries on these Kid's Nights.  A lot of parents don't or won't control their little 'darlings' in restaurants and I don't care to pay good money to be subjected to their progeny's bad behavior while attempting to have a relaxing meal.  Luckily, it was late enough in the evening that most of the kids had been carted off back to their homes by the time we were seated.  We dodged that bullet.lol

Our server was competent.  I think she left her personality at home that evening.  But I'd rather have competent over amusing any day when it comes to serving me a meal.

The canned music was waaay too loud.  Ok, maybe I am turning into an old fogey now but I like to be able to hear what my dining companion is saying without having to use a hearing aid or read lips.

Besides the free burger coupon, I had a free appetizer voucher I had won from some raffle long ago.  There was no problem using both coupons according to the server.  That was a good thing in my book.
Though to use the appetizer coupon one of us had to order a regular dinner entree and the appetizer had to be under $9 in value.  That threw my plan to order a salad entree under the bus.

Hubby had a craving so I let him order the burger and I perused the menu looking for an entree for myself.  Most everything was way overpriced or just not appealing(not a fan of ribs or steak at a place that doesn't specialize in steak here)so I chose an entree that was basically 2 chicken breasts with melted cheese over it & served with 2 big scoops of mashed potatoes with cheese.  No veggie, no salad.....just a couple of pieces of onion and bell pepper in the pool of melted cheese that congealed on the platter as it slid off the chicken.
For this culinary masterpiece I paid $10.69.
It had little flavor.
And the whole time I was eating this I am running the tape in my head that's saying, "I'm paying $11 for this?!?!  It would cost me $2 to make it at home and mine would taste better!"

For the appetizer we ordered the Sesame Jack Daniels Strips.  I had had those before when I had taken a friend visiting from Canada outlet shopping.  It was a beastly hot day in August and we retreated into the TGIF's next door to the outlets to get out of the heat before heatstroke set in.  She had ordered these to nibble on while we downed large glasses of water.  I fell in love with these things then and they did NOT disappoint now.  I would seriously eat these non-stop until I exploded if given the opportunity.lol

Hubby said the JD Burger was quite good though he chafed at the policy on the menu at Friday's that you can NOT order your burger meat any way but "medium well done".  We are medium rare burger fans in our home.

1 Entree(the chicken and cheese congealment with a side of tater carbs and cheese)and 2 Iced Teas with tax, came to $17.15.  Had we paid for the Burger and Appetizer the bill would have topped out at $32.85....for 2 people.
So it cost us $17.15 for free food.lol

I doubt if we will ever go back, even for free food.  TGI Friday's just isn't my cup of tea.

Though I'd be tempted to order those Sesame Strip things to-go if I could get over paying $9 for them.lol

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.