Monday, October 19, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....October 19th Edition Nothing Much to Buy


Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

Everything was served as planned except we never got to the Ham & Bean Soup so that transfers to this week.
I changed up my Meatloaf recipe when I made it on Sunday.  I usually grate veggies(squash, zuke, carrots)and throw that in along with onion and garlic.  I halved the ground beef this time and substituted ground turkey, plus I threw in some steak sauce(finished the bottle) and some ketchup.  I also subbed half of the bread crumbs I put in with panko this time.  Between the panko and the ground turkey, this meatloaf was not as heavy and dense as a regular meatloaf.
I also grated a little hunk of cheddar cheese I had left and then free formed the loaf on a foil lined small baking sheet instead of the loaf pan.  As I was forming the loaf shape, I made a channel in the loaf and put grated cheese in the center of the hunk of meatloaf.  Halfway through baking I topped the loaf with tomato paste.  When I cut into the meatloaf to serve, you got a cheesy center in each slice. Yum!

I never did get around to that Baking Day and this week isn't looking too promising as hubby is home all week.  I'll at least get some Zucchini Bread baked but beyond that I am not making any promises.lol

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....it's a lot of comfort type foods & using up some leftovers and fresh local produce I picked up while selling my stockpile items at the flea market yesterday and the last of the garden greens.  I picked up some very inexpensive pork cutlets(very thin ones)a couple of weeks ago.  I am going to be making Pork Parmesan with them.  This will be a first time for me making this dish with pork.


MONDAY--Pork Spareribs w/Chinese Sauce(freezer/stockpile), Rice(stockpile), Veggie Melange(freezer)
TUESDAY--Homemade Pizza(stockpile), Salad(garden)
WEDNESDAY--Ham and Bean Soup(freezer/stockpile), Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
THURSDAY--Pork Parmesan(freezer/stockpile),Swiss Chard(garden), Pasta
FRIDAY--Meatloaf(Sunday leftover), Garlic Mashed Potatoes(stockpile), Honey Carrots(freezer)
SATURDAY--Leftovers
SUNDAY--more Leftovers or Breakfast for Lunch(Band Competition that night)
SNACKS/DESSERTS--fresh seasonal Fruit,Zucchini Bread, something made with Apples

Be sure and check out the Ham and Bean Soup recipe link above.  I am NOT a fan of bean soups but with this one, even I want to lick the bowl clean!  It should be called the "Bean Soup for Bean Soup Haters" Soup.lol

Last week I spent $39.24($22.46 at local independent market & $16.78 at the Bakery Outlet)on groceries. 

This week's menu shopping list.....I don't see anything on the menu that I need to buy except fruit. A quick run to the farm stand to load up on root cellar type veggies before they close will take up most of my weekly food budget this week.  Between the weekly milk purchase, the fruit and the root veggies I'm figuring I'll spend $35 this week.

Food Waste Report....thanks to the doggies, nothing went bad and had to be thrown away.  The one good thing about having dogs.lol

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.